Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Wreck2107
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Post by Wreck2107 »

feelingsorry: I've heard that rumor every other week for the past three months, so, I doubt there's any truth in it. As for the other name, you probably recognize it from the police blotter, although I haven't seen it there lately.

Tapout: I don't think the allegations are that hard to believe. I've really never heard a "good" story, however, I have heard many stories that make these allegations a lot easier to believe. Despite whatever brought this to the surface now, he probably could have been fired many times in the past 18 years.

And, as for the candidates running for council who complain about the current council and their personal agendas, that's a joke. You are running for council and bringing with you YOUR PERSONAL AGENDAS as well. So what you need to say is that you're not against having a personal agenda on council, you just want to make sure it's yours.
Tapout9947

Post by Tapout9947 »

As for the comment about Courtney, she is a fine outstanding citizen..I myself would have no problem with her calling some shots around this town..She was interested in this whole council thing way before the whole Greg ray thing came up..feelinsorry saying how "is this the same girl that has been dealt with by the Tyrone pd in the past...That is the "Past" we live in the present..I know I wasnt a saint growing up, and u probably did things that you are not too proud of in your past..and as for wrek, Greg never did anything but good for this town..all those "stories " you have been hearing are exactly that..That whole investigation was a joke..If it was on the up in up down there @ TYRONE PD, people that I personally know would not have been looked down on for the simple fact they didnt go along with it..These people lost hours and work for not agreeing with the chief..I would for ONCE have one of you BEACHEM supporters explain to me how that is legit..JUST ONCE..Everytime I put it on here everyone answers everyone elses questions but never that ONE..the whole thing was a way too get a guy out that the chief didnt want there, and not because he was doing something illegal, or he would be in Jail ..plain and simple...
Christy

Post by Christy »

Wreck 2107: You state that you "heard lots of stories", which translates to fictional. Stories without evidence or proof of the "stories" do not fall into the catagory of factual. As for Greg's previous disciplinary record, he received a letter of reprimand in 1995 for writing a letter to the editor. I'm sure if Greg knew your identity, as you anonamously post, I'm sure he would have many "stories" about you. Please resist the temptation to throw stones at Courtney, Greg or anyone else. You need to learn the differece between factual information and rumors. If your from Tyrone, I'm sure you have heard lots of things over the years, but how many could you testify to as being factual. Probably not many. There has been many rumors over the years regarding many of the police officers, some old and some new. You cannot terminate a Tyrone Police Officer's employment on rumors or unsubstantiated allegations. In other words you have to prove the allegations. You don't terminate on "stories". I'm sure you would not appreciate being terminated because someone was telling stories about you. I guess it will take the federal courts to show the believers in the Borough's BS what the facts actually are.
feelingsorry

Post by feelingsorry »

Woops.... Sorry Jes. Didn't mean that in a mean way... But hey as some of you say its okay it is in the past now.... :banghead:
park21012

Post by park21012 »

feeling sorry..Our town as it is yours too must not feel that having Courtney Rhoades on council would put Tyrone in "shambles" as you say. She had the second highest vote for the Republican side. She was not far off from out voting Billy Latchford and she our voted the "queen" Virgie Warner..You may have your own opinions as everyone on this Board does...but I honestly feel this town is in need of and soo ready for a change. I believe that Kilmartin was knocked off as Mayor for the Greg Ray issue. That Im certain was a strong reason but I also feel that he lost votes due to the J House. Alot of Borough money (grants) went strictly to the J House...and to be honest I will not let my children go there anymore. The fowl language and the type of kids hanging there really isnt a group I would want my kids to look up to...and the Borough meetings..Have you gone to any lately?? You should go its actually entertaining. Pat Stoner runs the show and the rest follow. Jim does not have a backbone to stand up to her nor does anyone else (except Hanzir). So I really do think we need people on Council who are going to voice their opinions and be leaders not followers...
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Hearsay, rumors, gossip...we as a society THRIVE on it. Its my opinion that most gossip has some truth in the root, but people tend to twist, and embellish and before you know it.....its so far removed from the truth its a complete falsehood.

At any rate, park, it's really kind of unfair to poke the J house based on the "type" of people that hang there. If you're raising a better "type" of children that have strong values and morals.....children that you can TRUST completely to ALWAYS make the right choices, then you're doing the children that need them as friends, an injustice. Maybe those undesirables using foul language or whatever......could benefit from your kids ...they might be the very ones that could teach the others something positive...have you ever considered volunteering and offering your expertise??

Edit : *addressed* - Rick
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Keep this conversation factual and on topic. Do not use this forum as a tool to name-call or otherwise post derogatory remarks.

Either read the rules and stay, or find another board to post on.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
park21012

Post by park21012 »

Something to say wrote:Hearsay, rumors, gossip...we as a society THRIVE on it. Its my opinion that most gossip has some truth in the root, but people tend to twist, and embellish and before you know it.....its so far removed from the truth its a complete falsehood.

At any rate, park, it's really kind of unfair to poke the J house based on the "type" of people that hang there. If you're raising a better "type" of children that have strong values and morals.....children that you can TRUST completely to ALWAYS make the right choices, then you're doing the children that need them as friends, an injustice. Maybe those undesirables using foul language or whatever......could benefit from your kids ...they might be the very ones that could teach the others something positive...have you ever considered volunteering and offering your expertise??

Edit : *addressed* - Rick

and again..we all have our own opinions...
Beck

Post by Beck »

Personally I believe that a good majority of the people in Tyrone voted for Bill Fink because of the trouble with Greg Ray. There are those people out there that voted because they want to see things done for the town and not for Joshua House, or just because they think Bill will run the town according to all people not just the ex-mayor Stoners people. I didn't vote.. I couldn't do it... don't really care for Fink (because I'm an obama supporter and he bashed my man) and couldn't really vote for Jim because I didn't feel he was fair to the town people who asked for an explanation as to the Ray situation. Thus all I can do is sit back and watch everyone bash everyone elses decision. What if everyone was like me and just sat at home debating whether to go to the poles or not? Then where would we be... a town so totally undecided. The decision has been made Bill Fink has won his spot on the ballot. Now to go on from here. I think we have good choices on the ballot and I think who ever makes it will go into it a little more knowledgeable as to what this town can do when they are passionate about something.... We might be small but we are mighty...
And just to say something about Miss Rhodes... she did alot more than most of us would do... she saw that this town needed a change and she felt she could help bring that about... More power to her!!! I respect that and so should everyone who just sits and complains rather than put their name out there ... Who can cast the first stone, not me... Judge not!!!
Something to say
MVP Member

Rick wrote:Keep this conversation factual and on topic. Do not use this forum as a tool to name-call or otherwise post derogatory remarks.

:hail: Thank you for keeping us all on track, Rick!
Something to say
MVP Member

Beck wrote:Personally I believe that a good majority of the people in Tyrone voted for Bill Fink because of the trouble with Greg Ray. There are those people out there that voted because they want to see things done for the town and not for Joshua House, or just because they think Bill will run the town according to all people not just the ex-mayor Stoners people. I didn't vote.. I couldn't do it... don't really care for Fink (because I'm an obama supporter and he bashed my man) and couldn't really vote for Jim because I didn't feel he was fair to the town people who asked for an explanation as to the Ray situation. Thus all I can do is sit back and watch everyone bash everyone elses decision. What if everyone was like me and just sat at home debating whether to go to the poles or not? Then where would we be... a town so totally undecided. The decision has been made Bill Fink has won his spot on the ballot. Now to go on from here. I think we have good choices on the ballot and I think who ever makes it will go into it a little more knowledgeable as to what this town can do when they are passionate about something.... We might be small but we are mighty...
And just to say something about Miss Rhodes... she did alot more than most of us would do... she saw that this town needed a change and she felt she could help bring that about... More power to her!!! I respect that and so should everyone who just sits and complains rather than put their name out there ... Who can cast the first stone, not me... Judge not!!!

Tell it like it is, Sister!! ( Im assuming sister anyway...haha ) ( all but the Obama part ) don't :stick: me!
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

Rick wrote:Keep this conversation factual and on topic. Do not use this forum as a tool to name-call or otherwise post derogatory remarks.

In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

All that I have to say is the town has spoken and good for them. As far as Miss Rhoades the town has spoken for her and it seems that she has the towns backing. Tyrone is ready for a change we dont know if it will be good or bad so before we bring up someones past lets just see what happens. By the way I dont remember seeing Miss Rhoades name in the paper or the police blotter so I am not sure where that info came from. lets just give the girl a chance to make the correct choices to make this town better. I am sure we all have something in our pasts and I am also sure that nobody wants their past posted on a public forum.
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

Wreck2107 wrote:feelingsorry: I've heard that rumor every other week for the past three months, so, I doubt there's any truth in it. As for the other name, you probably recognize it from the police blotter, although I haven't seen it there lately.

Tapout: I don't think the allegations are that hard to believe. I've really never heard a "good" story, however, I have heard many stories that make these allegations a lot easier to believe. Despite whatever brought this to the surface now, he probably could have been fired many times in the past 18 years.

And, as for the candidates running for council who complain about the current council and their personal agendas, that's a joke. You are running for council and bringing with you YOUR PERSONAL AGENDAS as well. So what you need to say is that you're not against having a personal agenda on council, you just want to make sure it's yours.

Hey Wreck, It's important to research any agenda of a person seeking a public office. Everyone; I don't care who it is will have an agenda of some kind. The question is who does that agenda benefit, the individual candidate or the voting public as a whole? Sometimes you just have to wonder what the public really wants? Rather then complaining, why don't you run for office?
jokerman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by jokerman »

I know Courtney was politically aware and interested way before the whole situation with the current council came about. I think it's great that a young person in town would take such an interest and put her name out there, run for council, and go through all the crap (sure to come her way) in order to help improve Tyrone. I've got nothing but respect for her! If wanting to make this town a better place to live and helping to secure some stability and honesty in the manner council operates is some "personal agenda", then GO FOR IT!!! What better agenda could there be? Hopefully, and I suspect he will, Bill Fink will also step up to the plate and spearhead the effort to clean up the big pile of stuff he'll be inheriting...(I guess Bill's got something in common with Obama after all)...
The first course of action should be to reinstate Greg and issue a public apology.