Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
LETSGETREAL38

Re: Tyrone PD

Post by LETSGETREAL38 »

Rhoades is 100% right lets step up Tyrone and get those 3 out of here, The can take the stupid thing they call K9 too, Its just as dum as those 3 anyway.
jenn2628

Post by jenn2628 »

SOME OF TYRONE'S FINEST!!!!!!!!!!! I have been paying some attention to this one-sided story . If any of you understood employment ethics then you might understand that it would be wrong for anyone in the borough to publicly comment on this matter. Those of you writing here mention your names being tarnished, but if I'm not mistaken, aren't you the ones who brought this to the attention of the media??? You seem to be tarnishing you own names. I have lived here for a long time and have ALWAYS heard of a "DIRTY" cop here in Tyrone. I haven't READ one statement in the media from Chief Beachem claiming to be investigating or accusing any one of you of any wrongdoing. What does that tell you? You all seem to have brought this scrutiny upon yourselves. It appears that you are all trying to tarnish his name because you may have something to hide or be embarrassed about. I find it funny that such a SMALL group of supporters just seem to be running with information that the majority of the public does not know anything about. It seems to me and my family that the Chief is being persecuted here without any reason.
harry09

Post by harry09 »

I find it funny that the Attorney General can investigate Ray twice and not find anything but, you think you can find something with a private investigator that is costing us all alot of money.. I also find it funny that the Chief is soo afraid of his own officers that he has to have protection..
I think its rediculous that you can't even jog down a street in Tyrone without getting harassed by the Officers..
jenn2628

Post by jenn2628 »

I am very suspicious of anyone who is investigated twice by any law enforcement agency. If there is nothing to this "corrupt" activity, then why has the Attorney General investigated twice??? Perhaps in the end the MAJORITY of the decent citizens of Tyrone will be enlightened.
Lauren1

Post by Lauren1 »

How would you know about 24 hour protection unless you are the reason the Chief needs it? I have been following this story about the Tyrone PD since it started. From what I'm reading, most of you sound like immature high school kids at best! Oh, and you spell like them too! You are obviously involved in some way, either directly or indirectly!Most people on this board don't know what the h*ll you are even talking about! I know the Chief, Joe Beachem and he has shown me and my family nothing but professionalism. He's serious about his work and wants nothing but GOOD for this town. It's obvious there is something very personal going on here on the boards. The normal citizens of Tyrone really want no parts of your pettiness. I know many people who feel as I do. Joe Beachem is the best thing to happen to this place.
TheTruth

Post by TheTruth »

Surrounding areas are known to say that Tyrone is not a place that you want to raise a family or to live. I can see why that is now. When there are things going on within a department of people that are there to protect you and your families, and the majority of the people within the town are as corrupt as those doing the wrongdoings within the department, there is something wrong. Chief, Lutz and Franks are respectable individuals and officers. The fact that so many people are ready to run their names through the mud and uplift the names of others is rather disturbing. It just goes to show exactly what Tyrone is made of. The truth will be known, and deep inside many are afraid of that day happening. I am very thankful for officers and people like the 3 of them, officers that know the difference between right and wrong and choose to do the right thing. There are some instances in life where the good guys do not finish last, and this is one of those :D
Tapout9947

Post by Tapout9947 »

My only question is how can you take a job away from a guy ( Matt P.), because he would not sign a statement saying he seen Greg do illegal activities..If he did not see it , or ever even hear of it , how could you hold that against him..punish a guy for being honest..I think it would have been more crooked if he would have signed it.Cause that would have made it a false statement..And to say that Greg , Jess and Matt brought this on themselves by having the paper involved, wouldnt you want the public to know if you where being investigated for drugs cause you wouldnt sign a statemnet..knowing full well Jess has nothing to do with drugs..Or Matt who is expecting a baby has lost his job in Tyrone over this..i would have too say i would involve someone else cause apperntly the in house route isnt working..
harry09

Post by harry09 »

Yeah someday the truth will be known. Everyone will know who the untrustworthy Officers are... Greg, Jessica, and Matt are all very dedicated to the Tyrone Community.. We are all appreciative of these hardworking individuals, along with Officer Mayes and Rhoades.. They all reach out to the citizens in this town we call home.. Just because they don't come to work everyday with their noses in the air doesn't mean they don't take responsibility for their profession.. If I ever needed anything at all I know they would be there in a heartbeat and those are the kind of people our community needs.
Christy

Post by Christy »

Well Jenn2628, it is a shame that you would mention ethics and those that you are supporting in the same post. Wait until the Attorney General's report is revealed, I think all questions will be answered. The Borough only hired the private investigators because they are shopping for their desired outcome, and their investigation was biased. Remember who is paying their tab. The PI's went around town slinging enogh "BS", hoping some would stick against the wall. The PI's nor the Boroughs law firm has any enforcement power and therefore all findings are administrative and their findings can be appealed, hence further expenditures. There is a difference between evidence and mere rumors or unsubstantiated allegations. This is a small town and rumors are galore. When your dropping charges against felons in return for documented lies, this is known as false statements, which is a crime. If you would have any personal knowledge of a corrupt police officer and are able to substantiate those charges, then don't be bashful. I would believe that Matt Plummer, Jessica Barlick and Greg Ray have nothing to hide as they have put theire priate lives and their careers on the line in the interest of justice. It is those who choose to remain anonymous, lie and talk out both sides of their mouth who have something to hide!
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Let's hope, for the sake of all, that this turns out to be nothing but vicious gossip, blown way out of porportion, and that ALL will soon be exonerated.
park21012

Post by park21012 »

Why..why would anyone support the Chief..when he is letting this nonsense go on?? How can you turn against your officers like this?? Arent we to be a community?? Arent we to be out fighting crimes or arresting the druggies that are all over this town?? Why doesnt the Chief and his 2 followers worry about this? Greg, Matt and Jessica are three of the nicest most honest people/officers that you will ever meet. The accusations about Greg are ridiculous..and the things that the Chief and his followers are doing is sick..why doesnt the Chief check in on officer Lutz?? I know for a fact that he would take his little sister out to the bars before she was 21 and get her served!! Seen it with my own eyes! Check in on that Chief..I believe that is breaking the law..serving minors?? Dig up that dirt!
DISGUSTED1

Post by DISGUSTED1 »

The majority of people that are trashing the chief are friends/family/customers of the scumbag. It is no secret in all of Blair County that there is a dirty cop in Tyrone and everyone knows who it is. Of course Chief Beecham cannot comment on it, but it will come out.

The people who are calling for his head are the same people that have profited from the drugs. or are dealing the drugs. The Chief has done more to get drugs off of the streets than any other. Go ahead and try and push him out and see how much worse things will get.

Speaking of his 24 hour protection, how would you know that unless you are the reason for it.

When the truth finally comes out, I hope that all of you that are talking about Chief and his family remember to come back and apologize to them.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Bill Latchford »

My2Cents wrote:Let's hope, for the sake of all, that this turns out to be nothing but vicious gossip, blown way out of porportion, and that ALL will soon be exonerated.
- It is truly sad to see the worst in people come out, when these things get cooking. You have a good attitude My2Cents...it can be refreshing.
steelerfan

Post by steelerfan »

Well i have sat here reading what everyone is writing and i must say that it is very interesting. we have fellow townspeople, for and against what is happening to the police force, and even looks like some borough council representatives adding their input. i do agree that the stories on here are one sided and need to be heard from by the"other" party, but it seems that the other party has no comment. I guess jenn is the only one who knows employee ethics and most of us do not, but i would have to agree that for the borough to comment right now would be not in their best interest. i can say for sure as facts to the matter that the police force is being torn apart and it is up to the borough to get together and get this issue resolved. i do agree the chief came to our town with good ideas and started out with all good intentions as i have personally liked all he has done with regards to policing the town and making all feel safe. but there is a situation here that needs to be addressed. as for the people on here slinging mud at the few that are bringing things to light, well you are no better than anyone else. everything said on here was the truth, and is being expressed by the citizens of the community. lets name a few and feel free to comment back if i am wrong on any of these things...1. so why is the police cruisers parked in tipton at all hours?? they have been there all summer as i have seen them everyday. please, someone answer me this; they should never be taken out of town unless being used for official business. is this correct? 2. why is there police protection at the chiefs house during the night time? i have no idea how long they are there and why, but maybe someone could answer me why it is happening? and for lauren to comment like she did, that wasnt very professional on your part. the police are there, as there was a rumor they were sitting there, so i know some people that have up by there visiting family or whatever their reason and they see the police sitting outside his house. 3. what about the fiance that was stopped jogging on lincoln ave and questiones as to why he is running that direction. i have seen this gentleman alot jogging and now its all of a sudden illegal to jog lincoln ave. so do you think maybe its because he is the fiance of one of the officers?? you do the math people. its a small town and i have heard many stories for and against what is going on. im glad to see the people in town adding their input here as it is a community forum here isnt it? the people have the right to write here and express their opinion. there are alot of unanswered questions here around town and the people deserve answers. i'm sure more will come in the near future. i will say one thing here, this topic sure got the attention of jenn and Bill as they have been replying here often. well we shall sit and wait to see the outcome of this situation. but please people, do not insult others who make comments on the page. im sure many are not high school kids as lauren put it and also before i go, please excuse any misprints to this letter as i am not perfect and i do make mistakes in spelling from time to time, unlike others......lets hope this gets worked out and keep up with the comments, its a free country and we are allowed this opportunity to speak out and get involved.
LETSGETREAL38

Post by LETSGETREAL38 »

ya Disgusted when the truth comes out and gose right those 3 will be lookin for a new job