Our Need for a Local YMCA Building...

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
JandHreaderr2003
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Our Need for a Local YMCA Building...

Post by JandHreaderr2003 »

I have lived in Tyrone all my life minus about 3 and 1/2 years and I can remember growing up and first going to the Y-Tots and then to the teen dances at the YMCA Building. Not to mention they offered all kids of different programs that personally I can't remember all of them, but I know they gave a safe and positive environment for kids and adults to be able to go with in the community. :h I have been thinking and I am not sure if there is anyone that would agree with me but I think that we need to get the community involved and get the YMCA back in working order. I would be willing to do as much as I can to help see this happen, if there is any ideas or suggestions so we could get the BALL ROLLIN! :bluebounce: Please through them out there and send me some!! I was just thinking that maybe we could get the Extream House Make over involved. I know they help families that are in need of a new home and things like that. But to many in the town the YMCA was their home before the flood, they lived in the apartments in the building. So maybe the show could be contacted and see if they would be willing to devote their time to bring back something that was a major part of Tyrone. And start to change the image of Tyrone from being a place people think of all the bad that has happen to maybe becoming something more positive for the town. Well let me know what everyone thinks!! Thanks...JOHN :thumb:
John R. Reader
oldguy
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: Our Need for a Local YMCA Building...

Post by oldguy »

John; I heard the building was sold and is to be raised. The trouble withthis is the boiler for the YMCA is located under some apartments located on 11th street. As soon as they get this worked out it may be taken down. Maybe you could go to a town meeting and find out bought it and talk to them. Not sure who bought it. Keep up the good work in trying. It is like banging your head against the wall. :banghead: