Go to the dogs!

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Bill Anderson

Go to the dogs!

Post by Bill Anderson »

Here's a not so novel idea....and it can be implemented at a single borough council meeting at no cost. Allow dogs to use the Tyrone Borough controlled park land. Although we do not live in Tyrone we are "Tyroners" who educated our three children in Tyrone schools, owned a business on 10th street (Joybeans) and try to do all our business (banking, hardware,etc.) in Tyrone. When I come to town, I often bring one of my well behaved springer spaniels with me. Here's the rub, when he has to go, or needs a stretch, there's no place to take him, unless I break the rules.
In many places in this country dogs are welcome in public places especially parks. In Seattle (and most of the west coast) where our daughter betsy lives, they even have "dog parks" where people take there dogs for excersize. Of course in all such places the owner is expected to pick-up the poop...it aint a big deal...just bring along a plastic bag and a little pooper scooper. I see many dog owners walking dogs on the sidewalks in town. Isn't it ironic that they can not walk their dog, even on a lead, in the Rail Park or Shea field or Reservoir Park? Come on Tyrone leadership, somebody step up to the plate and introduce a revised and enlightened dog law in Tyrone ( I'm not a resident, or I would do it). Act like the great bedroom community you are becoming! Let's give people one more reason to move to instead of from Tyrone.

Bill and Carol Anderson
zapatista

Re: Go to the dogs!

Post by zapatista »

Bill Anderson wrote:Here's a not so novel idea....and it can be implemented at a single borough council meeting at no cost. Allow dogs to use the Tyrone Borough controlled park land. ...Come on Tyrone leadership, somebody step up to the plate and introduce a revised and enlightened dog law in Tyrone
Thanks to its Supervisor's, Snyder Township has a very progressive dog law. Canines (and large Alternative Energy Corporations) are permitted to sh1t anywhere in the Township. :thumb:

I'd bet that the Snyder Township Supervisors would be more than happy to mentor the less sophisticated Councilmen (and ladies) of Tyrone.
Fightin' Irish

Re: Go to the dogs!

Post by Fightin' Irish »

zapatista wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:Here's a not so novel idea....and it can be implemented at a single borough council meeting at no cost. Allow dogs to use the Tyrone Borough controlled park land. ...Come on Tyrone leadership, somebody step up to the plate and introduce a revised and enlightened dog law in Tyrone
Thanks to its Supervisor's, Snyder Township has a very progressive dog law. Canines (and large Alternative Energy Corporations) are permitted to sh1t anywhere in the Township.
Yup.