Election Day 5/19/09

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Election Day 5/19/09

Post by BeachBiker »

My2Cents wrote:Eventually, the die hards always return home. Since you know ALL the nooks and cranny's around town.... I bet you wouldn't leave one stone unturned.... the only thing that could be in your way would be if they allow turbines on the ridge tops. However, it could be a new adventure waiting just for you to explore.... 16 miles of 30 to 50 foot wide roads for you to try out, within a dried out open canopy, up in your favorite hollows.... unless, it's posted.... well, you'll be special, you can try it out any time you want to. Would you want to give up your sandcastles and salt-sea air for a concrete jungle and a meaningless gust of "wind" when it decides to blow ?? If the scenery changes around here, I think you may miss Margaritaville BB.... Hey, I mean sand castles not a desolate sandy ridge....
Well, the MAIN barrier is snow and cold weather.

Get rid of that, create an oceanfront, stock it with bikini beachbunnies, and open 2,00 restaurants (flanked by just as many resort hotels and tacky beachwear shops) and I'll at least CONSIDER being back there!!! :fogey: :rolleyes:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

:lol: With " global warming" you won't need a muff, there will be plenty of warm "wind" and bikini clad wabbits. By then, there should be plenty of beach front property for sale all around here.If turbines go in..... our town should be rich. With all that money they say we are going to get for 30 years, there should be plenty of it to build all the restaurants, hotels, and beach wear shops that you would want. Come on home BB, dream on, the only thing you will have to do is trade your sandy castles for a sandy ridge. That will take some consideration.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

November '09 elections are on the horizon. There wasn't much of a voter turnout in May '09....
Let's hope for a bigger one in Novermber. GOOD LUCK to those who are running and sincerely care for our town and its future.
:flag:
Fightin' Irish

Post by Fightin' Irish »

The Tyrone Borough Council members who ignored the advice of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Juniata Valley Audubon, the Moshannon Group of the Sierra Club, SAVE ICE MOUNTAIN, the Little Juniata River Association, the Sinking Valley Watershed Association, and the 1,500 LOCAL residents who signed the petition to SAVE ICE MOUNTAIN are

Councilwoman Jennifer Bryan
Councilwoman Pat Stoner
Councilwoman Vergie Werner
Councilman Jim Grazier
Councilman Mark Kosoglow

The Snyder Township Supervisors who voted to enact an ordinance that ignores the township's natural heritage (in conrast to the ordinances of the neighboring townships of Tyrone and Antis) are

Supervisor Charles Diehl
Supervisor Robert Nelson
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

The editoral in Saturdays paper was very upsetting, I guess the voters who already made their voice heard in May, are not "serious minded" I guess the ones of us who rallied at the council meetings, are not " serious minded" or the 1500 people who signed the petition to Save Ice Mountain are not "serious minded" Where does this current council get the right to call me a voter who doesnt take matters seriously? If all the support we've showed in the past gets us all out to the polls tomorrow, that will show them just how " serious minded" we are.. Everyone get out and vote tomorrow, lets show the current council just how serious we can be...... Vote Christy Ray, Clyde Hewett, Courtney Rhodes, and Bill Fink....
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

mikkevkal144 wrote:The editoral in Saturdays paper was very upsetting, I guess the voters who already made their voice heard in May, are not "serious minded" I guess the ones of us who rallied at the council meetings, are not " serious minded" or the 1500 people who signed the petition to Save Ice Mountain are not "serious minded" Where does this current council get the right to call me a voter who doesnt take matters seriously? If all the support we've showed in the past gets us all out to the polls tomorrow, that will show them just how " serious minded" we are.. Everyone get out and vote tomorrow, lets show the current council just how serious we can be...... Vote Christy Ray, Clyde Hewett, Courtney Rhodes, and Bill Fink....
Virgie Werner and Jim Grazier should be thrown out! :mob:
Fightin' Irish

Post by Fightin' Irish »

Ice Man wrote:
mikkevkal144 wrote:The editoral in Saturdays paper was very upsetting, I guess the voters who already made their voice heard in May, are not "serious minded" I guess the ones of us who rallied at the council meetings, are not " serious minded" or the 1500 people who signed the petition to Save Ice Mountain are not "serious minded" Where does this current council get the right to call me a voter who doesnt take matters seriously? If all the support we've showed in the past gets us all out to the polls tomorrow, that will show them just how " serious minded" we are.. Everyone get out and vote tomorrow, lets show the current council just how serious we can be...... Vote Christy Ray, Clyde Hewett, Courtney Rhodes, and Bill Fink....
Virgie Werner and Jim Grazier should be thrown out! :mob:
x 2 :guns:

Fightin' Irish :flag:
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

Guy Fawkes

Post by Guy Fawkes »

Now that Bill, Christy and Courtney have been elected, who will be the first Borough employee to suffer the axe (get fired) under Mr. Fink's leadership?
Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
cwilson

Post by cwilson »

I don't live in Tyrone any more so I'm not always up on the local news.

Where does the wind turbine project stand right now? Can it still be stopped or has it been given a complete green light?
Guy Fawkes

Post by Guy Fawkes »

After reading an article in the Altoona Mirror, I'm puzzled why local governments always target Public Safety first when there is a budget shortfall. I'm certain that there are other areas of the budget that can be cut before the fire and police departments. I would like to see somebody come up with a dollar amount for a paid fire department, I'm sure it's at least ten times the amount that the Borough pays for the volunteer force. I heard through the grapevine that the fire department bought a new truck and the Borough claimed that the added insurance expense was seven thousand dollars and the fire department presented a quote of three thousand dollars. I can't wait till the new council members starts to ask the tough questions, like why is the Borough paying more than twice as much for the same coverage and when was the last time the insurance was put out to bid. Maybe there is a connection between this cost savings and the remarks made to the Altoona Mirror by the Borough manager in retaliation against the fire department.
Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I certainly have more faith in Bill Fink that I do anyone else who has been Mayor in quite some time. He will definitely not just rubber stamp stuff and he will request these types of things are examined.