Election Day 5/19/09

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Election Day 5/19/09

Post by My2Cents »

There are a lot of pictures and quite a bit of information in today's Herald ( Saturday 5/16/09 ) as to who is running for various positions in this next election. Hopefully, people will get out and vote for the right people, for the right reasons. It is very important to think of our towns future and who will best serve our community.... especially during this time of turbines.... I mean turmoil. Wind turbines are going to be a big chip on councils shoulders for quite a while....unless, it is just quickly brushed under the rug and forgotten so as to continue with other business that is in need of attention.
IF turbines go in, what little bit of monies received should be spent for our town, and benefit ALL the citizens.... not just "shared" by a few. Read and compare what these people are promising.... there is a lot of info out there from both sides. We have a beautiful little town.... there is still more work to be done.... but, it has continued to improve over the past years and it's looking good.
Read, compare, and please THINK before you vote. :flag:
Fightin' Irish

Re: Election Day 5/19/09

Post by Fightin' Irish »

The politicians who voted to ruin our natural heritage by building an industrial windplant on Ice Mountain are:

Tyrone Borough Councilwomen Jennifer Bryan, Virgie Werner, and Pat Stoner and Tyrone Borough Councilmen James Grazier, and Mark Kosoglow as well as Snyder Township Supervisors Charles Diehl and Robert Nelson. :mob:
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Councilman Bill Latchford did not vote due to a conflict of interest, however, he clearly stated on several occasions that if he were to vote his vote would have been in favor of the windplant. :mob:
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

I just voted. The ladies down there said things are slow....bad news for those crying for change. Get off your duffs, and vote! And don't forget, if you are one of the folks that says they want change, don't vote for 4 just because you can, you only vote for who you want. BTW, Republicans have to write in Christie Ray and Clyde Hewitt, Courtney Rhoades is on the ReP. ballot. And Democrats have to write in Courtney Rhoades for council and Bill Fink for Mayor.... Go do something now...please.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I am heading there right now and taking my duff, along with all the other duff's I see along the way, with me. :flag:
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Took my duffs along, but they are 7 and 8... too early for them... :jester:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I couldn't find any duff's, so I took my lil' dog instead.
Way to go Rick.... they're never too young.... show 'em the way.
Good luck to all, may the the "good guy's" win !!! :flag:
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

From a reliable source, Fink wins by 112 on Rep side for the ballot spot. Heard he's doing real well with write ins on the Dem. side too. The mayor race could be decided before November.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

According to wearecentralpa.....Bill Fink is victorious! WTG Bill!
Tapout9947

Post by Tapout9947 »

What a BEAUTIFUL day In Tyrone !!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :bluebounce: :bluebounce: :bluebounce: :bluebounce: :drink: :drink: :drink:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

For those of us who now live far away - results?
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

Hey Beachbiker,, go to altoonamirror.com everything you will need is on there.......
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

mikkevkal144 wrote:Hey Beachbiker,, go to altoonamirror.com everything you will need is on there.......
Thank you.

Now, all that's needed is for me to move back up there and take over as Chief of Police - and you'll be all set... :wall: :rolleyes: :fogey:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Eventually, the die hards always return home. Since you know ALL the nooks and cranny's around town.... I bet you wouldn't leave one stone unturned.... the only thing that could be in your way would be if they allow turbines on the ridge tops. However, it could be a new adventure waiting just for you to explore.... 16 miles of 30 to 50 foot wide roads for you to try out, within a dried out open canopy, up in your favorite hollows.... unless, it's posted.... well, you'll be special, you can try it out any time you want to. Would you want to give up your sandcastles and salt-sea air for a concrete jungle and a meaningless gust of "wind" when it decides to blow ?? If the scenery changes around here, I think you may miss Margaritaville BB.... Hey, I mean sand castles not a desolate sandy ridge....
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

BeachBiker wrote:
mikkevkal144 wrote:Hey Beachbiker,, go to altoonamirror.com everything you will need is on there.......
Thank you.

Now, all that's needed is for me to move back up there and take over as Chief of Police - and you'll be all set... :wall: :rolleyes: :fogey:

Yeah Beachbiker, sounds like we need you.....