Name that film

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Something to say
MVP Member

Name that film

Post by Something to say »

Know this one?

And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.
curvefan

Re: Name that film

Post by curvefan »

I believe that was smilin' Jack in a "Few Good Men".

Great flick!
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Hey Sts.... this is a fun idea !!! :thumb: I can think of a few.... There was one movie I actually hesitated about going to see.... I thought it was going to be silly. Much to my surprise, it turned out to be a great movie. The very end put a profound meaning to what the movie, as a whole, was about. Whew, it was an ending of all endings. The movie was science fiction, however, the story line portrayed a could be scenerio of the future, and an ending depicting what could happen if we, and other countries, continue to fight each other. There were several movies made, but, in the original movie, at the end..... Charlton Heston is standing on a beach looking at something, and he says; We are home.... you blew it up. You finally really did it. You maniacs !! GD you !! GD you all to h*ll !!! (Words may not be in exact order). Does anyone know this movie ??
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

My2Cents wrote:...There were several movies made, but, in the original movie, at the end..... Charlton Heston is standing on a beach looking at something, and he says; We are home.... you blew it up. You finally really did it. You maniacs !! GD you !! GD you all to h*ll !!! (Words may not be in exact order). Does anyone know this movie ??
"Planet of the Apes" - which sort of reminds me of a few places I've lived...

Here's one from a great, but relatively underrated movie:

---------------------------------------

(During a bowling alley bar fight):

"Just my luck, I get the only guy from Japan who doesn't know karate!"

"That not true - my brother not know karate either."

---------------------------------------

Hint: the movie co-starred a popular TV talk show host and a comedy/karate icon - just think a lighter version of "48 Hours".
Something to say
MVP Member

lol.......and I thought this would be an easy game. Ya both stumped me. Never saw planet of the apes......and BB...can't wait to find out what yours is.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

BeachBiker wrote:
That was from the movie, " The Karate Kid".
You're right BB, the one above was from The Planet Of The Apes.
Does anyone know this one; I'm not going to leave here ever again. There's no place like home, there's no place like home.
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

Well, I'm afraid you lost me on the others, except Planet of the Apes, but I do know this one!

"Does anyone know this one; I'm not going to leave here ever again. There's no place like home, there's no place like home."

You're not in Kansas anymore! It's a quote from Wizard of Oz, correct? :bluebounce:
Last edited by watcher on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

My2Cents wrote:
BeachBiker wrote:
That was from the movie, " The Karate Kid"...
Nope - right actor though, (Pat Morita) but wrong film. Additional hint: His co-star in the quoted film is a very popular TV talk show host who is currently "in transition".

My2Cents wrote:...Does anyone know this one; I'm not going to leave here ever again. There's no place like home, there's no place like home.
I'll save this one for someone else to answer. I'd feel too old :fogey: if I said it - and will readily admit that it was NOT what my wife said the last time we were in Tyrone... :?
Something to say
MVP Member

"who are you?"
I'm Owen's friend
"Owen doesn't have any friends"
That's because he's shy
"No he's not. He's fat and he's stupid!"

:rofl: :rofl:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

oops.... sorry, you got me on that one BB.... Thought for sure it was the K-Kid. The one you're looking for was probably
made way before my time. :mrgreen:
wtg watcher, The Wizard of Oz was correct, lol.
Something to say, "Owen's ??" Hummmmmm, never heard of "Owen's," or his friend, lol.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

My2Cents wrote:oops.... sorry, you got me on that one BB.... Thought for sure it was the K-Kid. The one you're looking for was probably
made way before my time...

Actually, The Karate Kid was released in 1984 - but the movie I'm quoting from was released in 1989, five years AFTER The Karate Kid. :fogey:

Additional hint: Both Pat Morita and the famous talk show host both play cops. The movie is set in Detroit - Morita plays a visiting Tokyo detective, the talk show host plays a Detroit detective. :wall:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Something to say wrote:"who are you?"
I'm Owen's friend
"Owen doesn't have any friends"
That's because he's shy
"No he's not. He's fat and he's stupid!"

:rofl: :rofl:
I remember that "Owen" is played by Danny DiVito, and his mother is the one questioning the "friend", but can't recall the name of the film without looking it up...
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

BeachBiker wrote:
Something to say wrote:"who are you?"
I'm Owen's friend
I remember that "Owen" is played by Danny DiVito, and his mother is the one questioning the "friend", but can't recall the name of the film without looking it up...
*************************************************************************************************************************
Ding !! I remember, I remember, lol....it's from, "Throw Mama From The Train ? " ( I think it is :rolleyes: ).
**************************************************************************************************************************
BB, :eek: still have no clue what the name of yours is. Darn it !! Can't stand it, I'm gonna' take a very wild guess. As I grasp for straws.... is it.... is it.... Kung Foo ??!! (Don't laugh).
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

My2Cents wrote: *************************************************************************************************************************
Ding !! I remember, I remember, lol....it's from, "Throw Mama From The Train ? " ( I think it is :rolleyes: ).
**************************************************************************************************************************
THAT'S it! "Momma" was having that conversation with Billy Crystal's character...
My2Cents wrote: BB, :eek: still have no clue what the name of yours is. Darn it !! Can't stand it, I'm gonna' take a very wild guess. As I grasp for straws.... is it.... is it.... Kung Foo ??!! (Don't laugh).
OK - I'll just give it up. Collision Course, co-starred Pat Morita and Jay Leno. If you've never seen it, it's worth watching with some funny moments and some good action. As I said before: it's a lot like a lighter version of 48 hours, especially if you liked the banter and developing personality clashes/relationship between Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy in that one.

A clip from Collision Course - the quoted lines I provided are at just about the 3 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VjBFacTjls

The film's trailer:

http://videodetective.com/TitleDetails. ... d=00003464
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

WOW !!! Neat-o BB !! Looks like a good movie.... Leno and Morita are good, they should have made more movies together.
Leno "acting" actually surprises me.... I think he missed his calling. Thanks BB.