Snyder Twp. Fire Protection

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
IntheKnow

Snyder Twp. Fire Protection

Post by IntheKnow »

Do the residents of Snyder Twp. realize that our supervisor's are about to discontinue the fire service contract with the Borough of Tyrone? How will this effect the residents of the Township?

1. Your home owner's insurance will increase due to the lack of response of Tyrone.

2. The people that live in Grazierville, Hoover's Lane, 453 up Janesville Pike, Thomastown, people near and including the High School and Hospital will have to wait for Tipton and Bald Eagle to respond and arrive on scene before Tyrone will be dispatched. The poeple in Nealmont and Ironsville will have to waite for Warrior's Mark and Bald Eagle. The people in Northwood, and any of the Hollow roads will have to wait for Port Matilda, Tipton and Bald Eagle. God forbid if there any children or elderly people that have a tough time become trapped in a house fire, it will be to late if we have to wait for fire companies several miles away to respond, I know I will have a lawyers card handy in my firebox.

3. You would think that this would not be over money, but it is, after 9/11 you would think that governments would be trying to find ways to give more money to fire departments (especially volunteers). It has been told to me that the supervisors and Bald Eagle's Fire Chief spoke to the State Fire Comissioner and he told the Supervisors that the are getting a real bargain with Tyrone and that surronding counties charge as much as 3 times a much as Tyrone for the same amount of coverage.

4. Anybody that thinks the Bald Eagle Fire Chief (Scott Illig a Centre County resident) and the Township's supervisers are putting our lives at risk should call them and voice your concerns or even better attend the Special Meeting this week. I know I do not want to take the chance on any of my family or freinds lives to save a few thousand dollars of our tax money to waite for Tipton, Warriors Mark or Port Matilda, especially when Tyrone has two fire comanies just minutes away.

5. And to the residents of Antis, Warrior's Mark, and Taylor townships, you should be talking to your supervisor and asking if they are allowing your coverage to be lowered while they are operating in Snyder Township esspecially if they are doing that job on your dollar and not Snyder Township's.

Post by Guest »

If Snyder Township is so concerned about losing there contract with Tyrone, maybe they should consider paying Tyrone a reasonable amount for the service. You said the county charged three times as much. If this is the case then currently Tyrone Taxpayers are footing the bill for Snyder's residents. So it shouldn't be Tyrone that is being criticized, but Snyder for trying to get a free ride. I understand the issue is safety, but people in this country appear to believe that services should be free and all government officials should hardly get paid. When was the last time you put in a ten hour day and didn't want to get paid for the job? Not all fire departments work for free, and fire trucks don't grow on trees.
house

for sale

Post by house »

i think that i saw a house for sale in the boro. Why don't you move here then you will have fire protection. See....every problem has a soloution.