Need help to find a job

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
BoredTeenager

Need help to find a job

Post by BoredTeenager »

I'm 17 years old with a broken down vehicle, until i get 170$ to fix it. I am looking for ANY job available in this area, if you could help me out it would be great, my email (dont be offended by it, ive had it for years) is evilprincess4200@yahoo.com I really do appreciate it. Thanks. Shannon
Username

Here are some potential Jobs!

Post by Username »

Did you try BiLo, Sheetz, Burger King, OIP, Broadys, Bull Pen, Video Stores (3 in Tyrone), Rite Aide, Community Pharmacy, Marios, East End Pizza, Jeanos, Dollar General Stores (2 in Tyrone), Epworth Manor, I can go on if you would like me to. When I was 17 I never had trouble finding a job in Tyrone, and that wasnt all that long ago. All you really have to do is take a day and dress nicely, have a positive attitude, and go into all stores you may be interested in working with and ask them if they are hiring. It is not that hard and usually the employees working like people stopping in personally rather than picking up the phone and calling them. But it sounds as though all you really want to do is get $170 and the quit. I wouldnt tell the potential employer that is your plans. Good Luck!!
just me

Post by just me »

TRy JeanOS she is always hiring !
BoredTeenager

Post by BoredTeenager »

Actually I haved tried all of them places, i did work at marios. I didnt try epworth manner though, i dont think id get hired cuz some people are distgusted with piercings, dont ask me i like them.

Bored Teenager

Post by Guest »

Do as the previous Guest said. Dress nicely, have a positive attitude, etc. I didn't like her negative remark that you only want a job to earn money to get your vehicle repaired. If you sincerely want a job, remove your piercings before you apply for jobs. If you get a job you may not be permitted to wear them during working hours anyway. I have three grandsons ages 18, 23 and 24, all with piercings and thats part of the reason they got jobs. They wear their piercings on their off work time. Go back to the places you've already been to without the piercings in. be clean, neat, and have a positive attitude. Good Luck!!! And let us know if you get a job.
USERNAME

Re: Need help to find a job

Post by USERNAME »

BoredTeenager wrote: I'm 17 years old with a broken down vehicle, until i get 170$ to fix it. I am looking for ANY job available in this area, if you could help me out it would be great, my email (dont be offended by it, ive had it for years) is evilprincess4200@yahoo.com I really do appreciate it. Thanks. Shannon
Hey there,
The only reason I said "it seems as though you only want to get $170 to fix the car and then quit" well is pretty self explanatory when taking a look at request I have quoted above. And I hope for her sake she doesnt want to do that but I was pointing it out...... seeing as how quick she was to point the reason out. It seems as though we have the same views on the rest of what I said. The sad thing is people do judge, but I agree, either take them out or maybe use a small round band-aid to cover the piercing, which in most places of employment, is acceptable. Yes please let us know and Ill keep my eye open for you and post back.
BoredTeenager

Post by BoredTeenager »

I do take my piercings out when I go to interveiws, I do look nice too. I dont know why hiring places wont hire me. I got my truck fixxed anyways, but now its broke down again, its not the only reason why I want a job either, if I had a job it would occupy alot of my time.