Regarding the Letter to the Editor in July 24ths paper

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
JandHreaderr2003
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Regarding the Letter to the Editor in July 24ths paper

Post by JandHreaderr2003 »

I totally agree with the lady that wrote about the HoopFest, I feel that Tyrone should keep it down town. I feel there should be more things that bring more of the community togather. My family and I went to the Irish Festival this past year and that was great!! Alot like Hartslog Day down in Alexandria, I feel there should be more like these things to get the community to know more about each other, to help one another to bring more positive feel to this Town. I once heard something, that seems true but also very changeable. "Welcome to Tyrone, the Home of the Golden Eagles, and Empty Store Fronts!" Its sad, but seems to be very true. I wish there were ways to change this. Times are tough, but seems to be changing alittle, there is a new pantry going out by District Maj. Office And now there is a new store going into the BiLo building. I am sooooo glad that this is happening. I hope more businesses come to this town, not only to provide varity but also provide jobs!! I think we should get a McDonalds and Taco Bell, and a discount grocery store like the Grocery Saver Store down in Alexandria. That places has good deals and good things. I wish we had one of those. It would save us people who need to pinch every penny the gas to travel, to these places. Well, until next time. I guess, LOL..I wish I had the resources to do these things to help out Tyrone more!! :thumb:
John R. Reader
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Regarding the Letter to the Editor in July 24ths paper

Post by banksy »

I still think a hotel would work in Tyrone, like a Hampton Inn. I have the need to spend some time working at JC Blair Hospital in Huntington and the only chain hotel I can find closest to Huntington is Altoona or St. College. So I am forced to either use the Huntington Motor Inn, which sounds like a place a frequent traveler would not want to stay in, or a very old Comfort Inn.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

I agree with Banksy.

When I heard that 220 around Tyrone was becoming I-99, I thought for sure that the economics and other factors around Tyrone would make it favorable to create at least a few typical businesses that could exploit such travel.

Lodging, fuel, food, etc. Typically, a traditionally economically depressed or limited region has an inherent inability to progress when relying almost exclusively on INTERNAL commerce. Opening/expanding it to EXTERNAL sources just plain makes sense. All that money traveling through - and being spent elsewhere.

I find the same concern as Banksy if I seek lodging in the Tyrone area. And good luck finding anything anywhere near Tyrone during a Penn State home football game period (especially an important game). 2 years ago, when my Dad was in bad shape and on his deathbed, I tried to get a reservation prior to our trip. NOTHING - I mean NOTHING - was available from the Altoona area to Huntingdon to Clearfield to Bellefonte and WAY beyond each.

That may be an extreme situation, but it seems that some interstate highway-support facilities would favor the Tyrone area's exits. Unless, of course, politics and/or related factors come into play...
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

BeachBiker and Banksy.. You'll be happy to know the new Comfort Inn has opened at the Pinecroft exit of I-99.. And the former Minuet Manor is now a Relax Inn. (whatever that is).
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

You can rest assure that I am trying my best to win the lottery down here in North Carolina so I can return to my beloved Tyrone and open any business you need! :bluebounce:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

RedhairNFreckles wrote:You can rest assure that I am trying my best to win the lottery down here in North Carolina so I can return to my beloved Tyrone and open any business you need! :bluebounce:

Well, whatever business you'd open in Tyrone would do better than...

...that snowmobile dealership I opened a few years ago here in Myrtle Beach. :fogey: :huh: :jester:
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

You should have opened a t**** bar......... :slap:

(I heard there weren't many of them in MYB) :eek: :rofl: