Sandy Ridge Wind Farm Progress

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Sandy Ridge Wind Farm Progress

Post by Bill Latchford »

I thought I would go up and take a few pictures of the changes going on right outside of town as the Sandy Ridge Wind Farm starts to take form. Here is the site I will be storing the pictures on:

http://sites.google.com/site/utinker/sandyridge

It looks like things are progressing as far as roads go. Still a long time away, it appears, until Turbines start to show up for sure. I know there are many that are not in support of this project, but there are many who are and I thought this would be a good place for those interested, but not wanting to make the trip up the mountain, to get a peek of all the happenings. I will try to keep the pictures up to date as long as people are still allowed in the construction area. As far as I understand persons will still be able to move around up there for hunting season and the like. Take Care All
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Re: Sandy Ridge Wind Farm Progress

Post by Bill Latchford »

The first couple of pictures are the new opening off of 453 on top of the mountain. This is what used to be known as the AT&T Lines for those who would go up and frequent the area for 4 wheeling fun. The next couple pictures are of the new roadway as it progresses across the mountain. Things look like they are going smoothly.
coveredbridge

Post by coveredbridge »

Where are the erosion and sedimentation controls on that project? I hope they are just out of camera range.
Jane Lavender
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Jane Lavender »

coveredbridge wrote:Where are the erosion and sedimentation controls on that project? I hope they are just out of camera range.
LOL @ CoveredBridge....maybe they got buried, just like the illegal dump??? HAHAHAA
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

New picture added and am now adding captions for descriptions of each picture.

Take Care,
Bill
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Bill Latchford wrote:The first couple of pictures are the new opening off of 453 on top of the mountain. This is what used to be known as the AT&T Lines for those who would go up and frequent the area for 4 wheeling fun. The next couple pictures are of the new roadway as it progresses across the mountain. Things look like they are going smoothly.
Thanks for pictures Bill.... much appreciated !! Great idea for those of us out here wondering wuzhappenin'. Like them or not, they will eventually become part of, and blend into, our neck-of-the-woods. As most die hard Tyroners have done in the past, thru thick and thin, we will grow to accept them in our beautiful little corner of the world. Progress.... progress....progress....
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I heard that Turbine parts may be coming through starting today. Has anyone seen anything yet? I would imagine that it will cause some congestion through town. Was hoping to get some pictures of the equipment passing through.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Bill Latchford wrote:I heard that Turbine parts may be coming through starting today. Has anyone seen anything yet? I would imagine that it will cause some congestion through town. Was hoping to get some pictures of the equipment passing through.
Caught a brief glimpse of a piece making its way up PA Ave last week.... the preview of coming attractions I guess. Since you took the pictures that are posted here, stones and gravel have been added to those roads on/near Ice Mountain and it does looks nice. Went up thru there ( the whole way across Firetower Road ) a few weekends ago, when the foliage was almost at peak, it was absolutely beautiful.... but, you could tell where "progress" was happening and you couldn't see anything beyond the no trespassing signs. Ya know, that would be a nice biking, hiking, picnic, nature, birding, watch the turbines spin, area up there once all this is completed.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

Added a couple more pics to the Sandy Ridge picture site:

Just 3 pics of Turbine parts being taken up The Pike (RT 453) and then into the Turbine development site.
Randykirkpatrick

Post by Randykirkpatrick »

Any new pictures?
Thank you

Randy Kirkpatrick

http://www.carlislebarber.com