East End sold

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Wondering
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

East End sold

Post by Wondering »

Okay, heard the rumors before, but heard it again that East End Pizza has been sold. Friend made mention of the daughter's facebook page. Fact or Fiction?
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Re: East End sold

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

Rumor has it that Subway made an offer they couldn't refuse.

After being introduced to the onion hoagie last fall, Denzel Washington (who is on Subway's Board of Directors) persuaded the company to up their initial takeover bid.

Looking at Subway's most recent menu it would appear that Tyrone's favorite hoagie has been added to the "FIT Choices" line-up.

In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by BeachBiker »

Hey - that's really great news.

I'll have to try the new "East End Onionator" here at one of the Myrtle Beach franchises; I should be able to pick one up this morning when I get done with my daily 25-mile jog/swim/bicycle ride.

I will then, based on memories, post my fair and unbiased comparison opinion of this delicacy versus the original "East End Hoagie".

Although - to be accurate to the original - all Subway employees should have been briefed that the "East End Onionator" must be served with a surly attitude...
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

BeachBiker wrote: ... I should be able to pick one up this morning when I get done with my daily 25-mile jog/swim/bicycle ride.
I would recommend consuming several before your 25 mile jog/swin/bicycle ride.
Not only will they give you an burst of energy but you'll get to enjoy them for several hours as waves of onion rich hoagie mash flow up and down your esophagus.

BeachBiker wrote: Although - to be accurate to the original - all Subway employees should have been briefed that the "East End Onionator" must be served with a surly attitude...
Roger, Roger, BB. :-)
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Just hung up the phone with my Mom - she told me that Bill Kirkpatrick owns the local Subway franchise, and is thus the one who bought East End.

If anyone hears any new updates, please be sure to post them...
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I heard from a family member of the former ownership that Bill will be serving East End Hoagies. New ownership, same menu.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:I heard from a family member of the former ownership that Bill will be serving East End Hoagies. New ownership, same menu.

I'm glad.

Bill's a great guy - I ran into him during military service, and went through a special duty training school (and was later assigned at the same posting) with him.

And HOW I ran into him back then is a story of it's own...