Tyrone needs a change

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Doorman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Tyrone needs a change

Post by Doorman »

For all of you people that keep saying there is nothing for the younger members of this community to do, it is time that the citizens of this town that vote go to the poll's next Tuesday and make a change on the Tyrone Boro Council. There is one member of that council that has made it clear that he does not give a dam about the young people of this community. He made that perfectly clear to this writer that he did not care if there was anything for the youth to do in this town. And I am also sure he was the only no vote when the council voted on the skate park that is now under construction. I have also in the past tried to talk to this person about a problem that was going on at the time and he just turned away from me and walked away. I always thought that when a person was elected to a public office, it was his or her duty to listen to any and all problems that was brought to there attention. The person that i am talking about is none other than JAMES BECKWITH. I think it is time for the voters to put some new blood on this council, vote for someone that wants to do the job the way its supposed to be done. Mr. Beckwith needs to follow the same example that his son did when he used to work for the Tyrone Sewage Treatment Plant, when you no longer do the job that you are supposed to do, then it is time to move on.
Doorman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Tyrone Council members have problems

Post by Doorman »

After reading the Election Coverage for the Tyrone Borough Council in the Altoona Mirror on 10/29/03. I have come to realize that some of the current members of the Borough Council do not have any clue of what is going on in this town. The three incumbents for this race have listed the most important matter that they feel needs done in this borough is the hiring of a new Borough Manager. This is something that should already have been done, but since they were unable to come to an agreement on this they had to start the whole process over. They need to take a really close look at what is really going on in this town and start trying to fix those problems. The youth in this town are on the verge of getting completely out of control, due to drugs and alcohol. I think the voters of this town need to take a good look at the new faces that would like to try and turn this town around and vote for those people. Lets start this year by putting some new people on the Tyrone Borough Council and see if we can get this town on the right track.