pushing out the pushers

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
:shock:

pushing out the pushers

Post by :shock: »

Good going girls at the subway shop!! :shock: Wish I could have seen the action!! good job trying to rid this town of the drugs.. to bad I hear the girls are in trouble for kicking @ss on the person in search of the drugs! maybe it takes the help of the kids of the town to clean up this town :idea: ... Anyways I for one stand behind your actions.

More Info

Post by guest »

Hello, could you please elaborate more as to what happened.... I have not heard anything about this. Thank You!! :)

Post by guest »

Well, I can tell as much as I heard. Someone from Altoona pulls in the parking lot looking for drugs. The girls pretty much told him to get lost and don’t come here looking for your drugs. He didn’t like the answer. I was also told he was drunk; he started hitting one of the girls and the other jumps in to help. Guess he ran. (I guess witness said that someone kicked out his window, which is why charges was going to be pressed on someone) but from what I heard it got broke in the fight. That’s all I know at this point, so what became of him I have no idea. But I am very impressed that these kids are helping out!! So If anyone else knows anymore let us know.

pushing out the pusher

Post by guest »

I think if the guy was looking for drugs and was already drunk ..... more than just his window should have been broken!! This must have been quite a MAN to pull in a parking lot & start beating up a girl because he was told to get lost. I agree with the person who said if the police can't get this town cleaned up,maybe it's time for the people who live in it to take care of it. I give the girl who stepped in to help her friend a lot of credit for having the courage to do so. I'm sure once again the wrong people will pay for this one. It seems as though the drug seekers and users are allowed to just pull in anywhere and ask anybody who happens to be standing there for drugs and God forbid they get the wrong response. I say you kids who don't use drugs stick to your guns and keep the creeps who do at bay. You did the right thing and I'm proud of you.
FightAgainstDRUGS

Lets Do Something About it

Post by FightAgainstDRUGS »

Kudos to those girls :!: .... I think a group of community members should write a letter or some sort of a petition against charges to these girls. I we really want to work as a community to rid the drug problem... we have to stick up for those who fight for it :!:

Post by guest »

One thing that this town needs to do is support the Methadone Clinic that is trying to get in up in Antis Township. These kinds of clinics produce clean patients.. they don't bring drug addicts into communities. Besides the drug addicts are already here. So when you see something about the methadone clinic do something to support it. Attend meetings, get involved. Someday it might be one of your kids, grandkids, brother, sister, parents that need the help.

Methadone Clinic

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure if all of us feel comfortable with putting a methadone clinic so near. If the clinic was only used to help our local residents and not every addict within a 500 mile radius I suppose it would be different, The fact is these people are sent to the clinic from all over PA. You can see what these clinics have done to Altoona. Not to say they haven't helped some people maybe they did, but they also brought to Altoona some of the seediest people I've ever seen and they stayed!!! So now the one's who didn't get helped are out there in our community and surrounding communities bringing their drugs and selling to our kids. The only thing a clinic in Bellwood will do is move them closer to Tyrone and we already have our share here. Set up a clinic that serves our local people and keep the rif-raf out of our area and I feel sure people would be more confortable with it.

Post by guest »

A methadone clinic is not like the unsuccessful Rehab's that everyone has heard horror stories about. Methadone clinics are run very strictly. They are watched closely and monitored even closer. I have been in the area of two such clinics and have never seen anything illegal going on. I have only seen people who Were addicted to opiates and herion regain their lives. The closest clinics are in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Curwensville. People in our area have great travel times to get to this clinic or dangerous roads to travel on.
The thing is that most people are ignorant to Methadone Maintenance and don't begin to know what this program offers. These clinics do not bring in "drug" users... they heal them. Methadone clinics do no house people. People on methadone go to the clinic everyday to receive their medication which must be taken while in the clinic. They are required by law so many hours of counseling which is provided by the clinic. They have random UA's. All patients are tested for AID's and Hep C.
The drugs are in our area and metadone clinics clean that up. Also Methadone isn't cheap. Most people pay $95 a week. But its a small price to pay to get your life back.
I wish that people that write about methadone as a bad thing on this web site would take the time to scan the internet about methadone maintence and the recovery rate. Then everyone would be begging for a clinic in our area. And believe me I'm looking for a space in Tyrone for a clinic if the one in Bellwood doesn't go thru. I'm tired of driving down the streets and seeing the despiration on so many young peoples faces. There are young lives to save and I'll be darn if the ignorance of some people will stop me.. Right now a van load rides to Curwensville every day. You never know it might be your sons friend, your nephew, niece,... maybe even your son or daughter that makes the trip there everyday. That would be the good news.. maybe someday you will drive down PA avenue and see your son or daughter as one of those despirate young people.
Methadone changes lives for the better because it saves lives. Ask me I'll tell you all about it...
And please if you took time to read this check out Methadone Maintenance on line.

clinic

Post by Guest »

I just don’t get it........ If its as easy as that go in get meds get counseling and leave.. Why are so many people fighting it? Are they all afraid of the same things as the previous poster spoke of? Or are some stories we hear true? I have a friend (not in our area) who was one asked to take methadone for him. I guess he was still doing the heroin and needed her urine with the methadone in it to pass his test.. Of course she didn’t. But in that area the methadone leaves the clinic. I myself will go study clinics, and learn because I thought Bellwood was going to get a clinic, and if not why? whats the problem with getting it?
Doorman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Doorman »

Because everybody in this area has the same Mentality, not in my backyard.
BoredTeenager

Post by BoredTeenager »

The drugs in this town are terrible as it is with the local dealers and users. If a clinic was put in Tyrone then people from Bellwood, Warriors Mark, Tipton, basically everywhere around would come here, and as I read on the internet while doing some searching, herion dealers stand out front of the Methadone Clinics and sell thier herion. Did anyone ever think that users go to the clinic when they dont have any money to get messed up then go back to herion or whatever drug they are addicted too when they get money. Another thing, I know that I didn't shove a bag of herion and a needle in front of any addicted drug user so why should I fight for what they did to theirselves? I dont want to cause a fight with anyone but it is how I feel about that subject. Back to the first subject, Great Job girls on kicking *ss, too bad you have to get in trouble for something this town, nor the police can handle, drug users and dealers. :D

clinic

Post by Guest »

BoredTeenager wrote: Another thing, I know that I didn't shove a bag of herion and a needle in front of any addicted drug user so why should I fight for what they did to theirselves?
TS TS TS bored teen although you have some good points I must say..... yes you are a teen sooooooo when you become a adult, have children and learn the love and pain of children your words will change im sure.

do we have a discussion board for methadone clinics?
Doorman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Doorman »

You can get this topic going some more by just starting a new board on here. I think it could generate some good conversations.
clueless

what happened

Post by clueless »

You know I grew up in this town during the late 70's and early 80's. I was quite the h*ll raiser. But as rotten as I was I always knew heroin was a dirty addicting drug. I could have gotten my hands on it. But I didn’t want it. I wonder what has changed in this amount of time that the kids don’t fear it like I myself did? Any ideas?

Post by guest »

In response to a couple of the posts. First off most clinics have security. Most clinics operate from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. some have afternoon hours. I have never seen anyone standing outside of a clinic looking for methadone. Also no one could take urine into the clinic because unlike companies that take urine test of employees, Methadone patients are watched urinating! Thats right. Either you are watched person to person or you are on a live camera. The camera is right in front of your so there is no way to cheat. In some places the patient never touches a bottle to place urine in, it run from a pipe right into a cup and is tested right away. Also people can't just walk into a methadone clinic one day and ask for methadone. You got through at least two days of testing and then after you pay your $95 you begin your medication. A patient is started off on a very low dose and will increase 5 mg. every 2 -3 days. There is a nurse always on the premise. Doctors are there at least once a week for special visits.
As I said before its not easy being a patient of a methadone clinic. The hours are grueling but are like being in heaven compared to life on the streets. Most people resume a very normal life, they work, they have wifes, they have familes, and most importantly they have hope and a reason to live again.
If anyone doubts that methadone is a life saver and that metadone clinics aren't what some percieve them to be than go sit and watch the coming and goings of people at a clinic. You will see young and old, white collar workers, blue collar workers, teachers, etc. Of course watch yourself if you do chose to do that because they don't let just anyone hang out there. There is a rule, no lotering in the parking lots! Its a safe place to be, I fell more comfortable at a methadone clinic than on the streets of Tyrone.. the people there are putting their lives back together... And why should the other people of the surrounding area be denied that chance to?