Adelphia Rates

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
SDutt

Adelphia Rates

Post by SDutt »

WOW....Has anyone else seen the rates?!!!?? I mean wow!!! Power link is going from $29.95 to $54.95 a month!!!! This is CRAZY! Anyone that lives here in Tyrone please let the Adelphia users know if you have an internet service that is inexpensive. I am also interested in a service that has good speed and connection. I will be ok if the service is a little slower than cable modum if it is a reasonable price. Adelphia can say whatever they want to about why they are raising the prices, but it comes down to monopoly! When you have one and don't care about the people you serve...You can charge what you want!!!!!

Post by Guest »

Adelphia sucks!!! Time to get the dish and check into DSL
CableModem

Adelphia Rates

Post by CableModem »

I pay roughly 59 per month for Comcast. Mine is higher though because I do not subscribe to their cable TV as well, just the cable modem. Does your price include Cable TV as well? If so, I think the price in comparison is reasonable if you are getting both cable TV and cable modem.

Speed is great for me, I am getting about 1.3 MBs down, which is almost a full T-1 bandwidth. You can check your down speeds at http://www.dslreports.com/stest and compare them to others in your area code as well.

Post by Guest »

try another $40 for cable. Speed is not bad though at around 2.3 - 2.8mbs down
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Well, if that is on top of the cable, then I think that it certainly isn't the best price out there, but the speed is tremendous. A lot of companies have pricing based on the bandwidth. Perhaps there is a lower tier you could get where the speed down is capped at like 1.5MBs down or 256Kbs down.

I don't think DirectTV is your answer if you are only looking for a price break. I think DirectTV is an alternative if you like their cable service better. I have DirectTV with Tivo and can tell you that from my experience, I would have no other for television. DirectTv is not the answer however for internet access. All they have is DirectWay or something like that. IT is MORE expensive than what you are paying, but it is manly designed when there is no other internet access means available, and it is only a DOWN internet connection. You have to provide a traditional modem dial-up connection in addition for the UP portion.

Post by Guest »

Surprise, I agree with Banksy
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

I have changed my ways and keep a much more positive attitude, even on the board. Thank you for noticing and helping me be a better person.

Post by Guest »

GET DSL FROM VERISON FOR ONLY $34. :D 95