Restaurants in Tyrone?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Tyroneee

Restaurants in Tyrone?

Post by Tyroneee »

Does anybody know of a good place in Tyrone to eat? Would appreciate a few responses. Thanks
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Well, OIP (Original Italian Pizza) is darn good. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches. Also East End hoagies is the BEST, but if you are visiting Tyrone, you may have a different opinion. I think East End may be a taste only Tyroner's appreciate.

La Scalia just outside Tyronein Bald Eagle is pretty good as well. I haven't been to Burley's, but it is worth trying out sometime.

restaurants

Post by guest »

Just don't eat at Marios because you will be supporting the drug habits of the owner and her sons. Also, some of her staff have hepatitis and do not wear gloves when they are cooking. Be safe than sorry.
foodluvr

Good Food

Post by foodluvr »

I would recommend OIP... great food and great prices... Burleys is VERY pricey in my own opinion..... also if you in the mood for some ethnic food try Main Moon.... they have excelent food if you are looking for chinese!! I haven't visited but I've heard that Thelmas has very good food.... I wouldn't visit Brody's either.... personal opinion.....

OIP

Post by guest »

THey are cheap coz they pay under the table to the ir employees, Jeanos is the place to go to eat ! :D

Jeanos

Post by Guest »

I would too tell anyone to go to jeanos... I would say only second to East End.... something that only Tyrone has!

Re: restaurants

Post by Guest »

guest wrote: Also, some of her staff have hepatitis and do not wear gloves when they are cooking. Be safe than sorry.
What hep have have. A? B? C? D? of the 4 i listed which one can you get without hand washing. Study before you fear what you can or cant get from food servers.

hepatitis

Post by guest »

To prevent the spread of Hepatitis A and E, we are encouraged to practice adequate sanitation and clean parsonal habits. Hep A is spread by improper handling of food. Hep B is spread by sexual contact, blood transfusions, and needle sharing. Hep C is spread by contact with bloodor contaminated needles. Hep D is spread by sexual contact and Hep E is spread by fecal contamination. The key to avoiding Hepatitis are vaccinations, GOOD HYGIENE, and informed common sense. If a food handler who is infected has cuts on their hands or bleeding track marks on their arms and they dont wash their hand frequently or they dont wear gloves it can be transmitted thru food. If you want to take the chance and eat there....go for it!! I wont make that mistake.

Hepatitis

Post by Guest »

Heres my question, how does ANYONE know who does and doesnt have any kind of hepatitis?? Your risking yourself of hepatitis NO MATTER where you go. I will start a rumor saying that i heard everyone at pizza hut or east end or anywhere has hepatitis and it will be passed along the way quicker then you can imagine, and it will be beleived. This is how Tyrone works. Aparently some of you people need to either grow up and face the facts or get out.
Central PA

Brody's and Chill and Grill

Post by Central PA »

I've tried both these places, Brody's (twice) and the Chill and Grill (on one occassion) and sadly I can not recommend either. At Brody's the food was not prepared well and at Chill and Grill the individuals working there behind the counter were very unfriendly.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by BeachBiker »

I can't wait until the next time I make it back to Tyrone.

I just can't wait to go to Country School Chicken (great chicken, sandwiches, etc) the Paper Mill Diner (best greasy-spoon cheesburger and hoagie around) , the Villa (good sit-down Italian meal)... and to get a pizza from the Hub!!!

And then... top it all off with some ice cream from the Lion's Inn.

:roll: :? :wink: