Things I Miss About Tyrone

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by BeachBiker »

Dirty dogg wrote:I remember a big ice cream and hotdog place on the Juniata river down by where the poopy plant is now but accross the river.Dont remember the name.Barely remember my pap stopping ther in a garbage truck.
I believe that would be The Lion's Inn?

We discussed it a few times in some previous discussions, maybe even earlier in this one. I also think one of our female participants on this board is the daughter of the then-owners/proprietors.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Re: hey..just curious

Post by BeachBiker »

Dirty dogg wrote:We got busted at northwood cabin.Me,Decker,Kevin Fink[Was my best friend]Chet Stonebreaker,Sherry Harris.I was the only one to get away that night.I could run in those days.Allmost got butt wooped by Dave Harris for that one.
I remember that night. We actually "ambushed" the party along the path at the cabin, and several folks scattered into the woods. We didn't worry about that, because we were only there looking for one person in particular - who we did locate there.

From what I remember, we didn't arrest anyone that night - but sure did surprise and scare a lot of them. Every one of us cops there that night were military vets, so we actually enjoyed being out there in the woods at night reliving the "good old days" of tactical maneuvering and action. Just a little safer environment...
Dirty dogg

Post by Dirty dogg »

Tactical manuevering?Yall were walking straight up the path wiyh a mills leading you.2 went to blair county cause they was over 18.Ill grant it my heart did flips when yall turned them flashlights on.Walked by the old cabin 2 huntn seasons ago.Looked bad,I can remember helping to build some of it.I sure do miss kevin sometimes when i drag him up.
tammy

Post by tammy »

Memories :P
Good ones and bad ones
Yes, they were looking for mainly one person and that was HMMM!
Caught
Thumb-cuffed by my very own dad and dragged down that mountain :shock:
It was fun though while it lasted
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

tammy wrote: ... Yes, they were looking for mainly one person and that was HMMM!
Caught
Thumb-cuffed by my very own dad and dragged down that mountain [Shocked] ...
Well, that WAS one of those details that I remembered when I typed that response, but intentionally omitted... :thumb:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Dirty dogg wrote:Tactical manuevering?Yall were walking straight up the path wiyh a mills leading you...
They were just the ones that you saw, most of us were already positioned throughout the woods around the perimeter. We were the ones who had built up the "visual purple" in our eyes for better night vision, knowing that those at the party didn't have that advantage.

We knew folks would scatter, and wanted to make sure the one "person of interest" :wink: didn't get away. I watched several folks run past me - they didn't even know I was there.

Except one guy, but I can't remember his name now. He stopped and started to go back to watch from a slight distance. I called him by name, chatted with him for a moment, let him we were just looking for one person, and told him to head home. And to say "hi!" to his folks for me...
paulahoneycutt

Post by paulahoneycutt »

I miss:

-Middleswarth Chips (especially the BBQ ones)
-DelGrosso Sauce
-Gardner's Candies
-Sheetz MTO's
-Mario's Pizza with green olives (can't seem to get that anywhere around here)
-Sled riding near the green building on the corner of 21st Street and Columbia Avenue
-The farmer's market & Farm City Day
karen

Post by karen »

Before I moved to Tyrone, I used to visit my grandparents, I always knew we were close once I got a whiff of the smelly paper mill.

The bowling alley brings back lots of memories..... got my first hickey while necking behind it. :oops: I still remember him, too. :P
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

I wanted to bump this up to recent activity...

"Can someone build an East End website and sell those hoagies online and have them shipped overnight like Omaha Steaks and stuff"

Oh how I miss those hoagies! We ate tons of them since my g/parents lived on Columbia Ave. and it was only a short walk down the street to get them. Not hot, not "green", somewhere in between...yum.
Does anyone know if there is yet a way to order them online and have them over-nighted?
(I'll have to make sure not to mention that when my dad was just a young guy, he busted Mr. Sweitzer (sp?) right in the snozzola over something or other. I remember dad telling me that he did that years ago...lol.) I was going to mention that in the "Legends..." forum but already have been reminded to "behave".....LMAO.... :devil:
RedhairNFreckles

"East End is surely unique. What other business do you know of that closes for a month at a time twice a year, has limited hours the ten months they are open, treat their customers like sH*t, and still have a booming business?"

Yep, that's the East End that I remember....lol. Once when I was visiting Tyrone I had ordered several hoagies for our supper and when I tried to give them a Traveler's Check, *** (the daughter) held it up to the light, asked me loudly "Is this a fake?", making a big production out of it, and pondered for a good 2 or 3 minutes on whether to take it or not (pis**** me off, btw, but I was desperate for one of their hoagies, I love them so). A customer spoke up for me and said, "Take it, they're legit."and so she finally did. Geeeesh, if it was a fake does she actually think that I would spend it in her place??? H*** yes, if I just robbed a bank that would be the first place I'd start spending.... :thumb:
Last edited by RedhairNFreckles on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedhairNFreckles

Kbowden wrote:AULTS was my maiden name. lived down across from Columbia Ave. church. which isn't there anymore.
OMG, did you live in that big white duplex by any chance??? If you did, you lived right across the street from my grandparent's, The Frantz's...
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

another fan of the lettuce sandwich heard from
RedhairNFreckles

hykesmill wrote:another fan of the lettuce sandwich heard from
Nope, no lettuce on it for me, just plenty of onions... :wink:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

RedhairNFreckles wrote:...when I tried to give them a Traveler's Check, *** (the daughter) held it up to the light, asked me loudly "Is this a fake?", making a big production out of it...
Hmm, I believe I can fill in the name you masked.

I won't say it here; I'll just make up a name and call her "Brenda". :stick: :devil: :wink:
smboats

East End

Post by smboats »

Just sitting here in Philly, enjoying a real hoagie for lunch. Have to say, I do not get the fascination with East End hoagies. Had 1 when I was there a few months ago, it was a bundle of brown lettace with some dry meat and a roll made of drywall. UMM! not enough soda in the world to wash that down!