TYRONE POLICE PERFORMANCE

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.

TYRONE POLICE PERFORMANCE

Post by Guest »

What do you think about the latest drug raid by the police dept.?
Do you also think that marijuana is a problem drug in this town?

Tyrone Police performance

Post by Guest »

I THINK THE POLICE ARE DOING A GOOD JOB IN TRYING TO RID THE COMMUNITY OF THE DRUG PROBLEM. ALTHOUGH IT IS A PROBLEM THAT WILL NEVER GO AWAY. WHEN THEY PICK ONE UP ANOTHER POPS UP.

Post by Guest »

Any word on who was arrested??
thenoseknows

Post by thenoseknows »

"ALTHOUGH IT IS A PROBLEM THAT WILL NEVER GO AWAY. WHEN THEY PICK ONE UP ANOTHER POPS UP."

This my fellow readers is the reason behind the comment. Ignorance...If you do nothing about the problem the problem will not go away.

Way to go Tyrone for staying involved in the problem. If you keep up the raids...and follow through with the punishment...the problem will slow down. You may never be able to stop all of the users, but to stop the dealers, who most likley are not "good" people, is the way to put a hurt on the supply.

I am very aware of drugs being a problem, but like most other social issues, the problem begins early at home with the family. Mom and Dad fail at their job of parenting, and Kids find comfort in friends. Parents can not control their children, but can teach them values and morals and hope they make the right choices.

Lets remember why we are buying trees and hanging lights! Lets also remember that Christmas is a great time to try and reconnect with your family and children. Presents are not just store bought. Show you children that Love is a wonderful thing and that your God is worth living and dying for.

They might not "get it" right now, but if they are lucky they will before the get arrested by the poice here in Tyrone!
wornout

drugs in Tyrone

Post by wornout »

I beg to differ that the Police in Tyrone are doing a good job. I think we all know they have been aware of at least several individuals who have been druggies for years. I know personally they have been told about these people and nothing has been done. This raid is just the tip of the iceberg. If you know of someone on drugs go to the drug Force in Blair Cpunty, not the local police.

POLICE

Post by Guest »

I bet the police know who you are talking about and are probally working on them. They do not get arrested the day you tell them they are a "dealer". But I guess there will always be somebody that is not pleased :cry:

POLICE

Post by Guest »

Who do you think make up the COUNTY DRUG FORCE. I guess the misinformed know it all :idea:
guest3

Re: reply

Post by guest3 »

[quote="thenoseknows
I am very aware of drugs being a problem, but like most other social issues, the problem begins early at home with the family. Mom and Dad fail at their job of parenting, and Kids find comfort in friends. Parents can not control their children, but can teach them values and morals and hope they make the right choices.

So Nosey, you have a child that is a drug user??? Unless you have experienced being the parent of a drug addicted child I wouldn't be so quick on making the above quote. I am a very good parent. I love my children and I teach them right from wrong. My family is very close, we love one another, we don't drink in our family, my husband and I don't run around on each other. We go to church, but drugs still found their way into my family. Heroin doesn't pick out low income, dysfunctional families. This drug can happen to any family and it does.

Post by Guest »

Carrie Miller
Sarah Leeper
Mike Bonsell

Shane Julian
Marco Pease This completes the Marios Owners Family, Except for the younger girl. So dont eat at Marios if you dont want to support a drug habit.

One of the Mills Family
Those are some of arrested in the drug raid.
thenoseknows

smell that????

Post by thenoseknows »

I smell a problem:

So Nosey, you have a child that is a drug user??? Unless you have experienced being the parent of a drug addicted child I wouldn't be so quick on making the above quote. I am a very good parent. I love my children and I teach them right from wrong. My family is very close, we love one another, we don't drink in our family, my husband and I don't run around on each other. We go to church, but drugs still found their way into my family. Heroin doesn't pick out low income, dysfunctional families. This drug can happen to any family and it does.

I sympathize with your trials as a parent. You are correct! Drugs find their ways into any home. They found their ways into my nose, veins, and lungs as a youth. My parents were SHOCKED!!!! But they, not saying anything about you this is me talking, never stopped loving me and told me that they did not approve. They also said if you are going to be stupid atleast be smart about it. I was never arrested, caught by authorities, or a dealer...but because they never turned on me or tried to control me I had a support network to help me quit.

As for your family I do not know you. But I do know that although you love eachother, don't drink, go to church and love eachother....it does not mean you are good parents or role models. I am also not saying that it means you are not.

My parents fell into your mold....but alas they got divorced after 26 years. I saw through their smoke screen and knew of their termoil. My parents both went to church....and do not know God.

Again I do not know you. SO TAKING THIS PERSONALLY IS NOT A GOOD IDEA. I am sharing thoughts. If any of them do ring a pain in your ears...please look deeper into your family relations and see how close you really are.

-Stink (not Nosey)

Re: POLICE

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I bet the police know who you are talking about and are probally working on them. They do not get arrested the day you tell them they are a "dealer". But I guess there will always be somebody that is not pleased :cry:
I wish that you were right, but I know for a fact that the Tyrone police were informed a few years ago about an individual who I am 100% positive is a drug dealer in Tyrone (in fact, he has done time before) and absolutley nothing was done.

Guest wrote:Who do you think make up the COUNTY DRUG FORCE. I guess the misinformed know it all
And, to the person who made the above comment about "the misinformed", last time I checked, Tyrone police do not exclusively make up the Blair County Task Force. Sounds like you need to look up the definition of COUNTY.
guest3

Post by guest3 »

NOSE...
Your the one who threw the accusations to the parents. I am just stating the fact that sometimes parents are the last to know. Not because they don't watch their children, or the "friends" they run with. Heroin addicts become very good liars. I asked my son if he felt either his father or I was to blame for his addiction and he said that was crazy. He said that the took some pain pills and liked how it made him felt and it escaladed from there. I feel that I am to blame for not knowing how serious over medicating with pain medication is. And over the last year I have taken a very serious look at my family. As I said before I loved my son before the addiction, during the addiction, and thru his recovery. In January he will be free of drugs for one year. So if you want to know who we are, come January 21st we'll be the house that celebrating!!!
And to the parents that have kids that are using drugs, don't give up on them, never stop loving them, and keep reminding them that there is a way back to the life they had before. As I told my son, if the time comes that we have to face the things done in the past we'll do it, until then lets work on getting better. My son, Thank God, hasn't sold drugs, been arrested or hurt anyone else in the process. He has come out stronger and has helped many others to find their road to recovery.
To you Nose, I don't take anything you say personally because I don't really think you have a clue as to what life is like as a parent with a drug problem and until you walk in my shoes then I can't expect you to follow my path. I hope you never know what its like.

Post by guest »

The problem is that the police cannot arrest someone on hearsay alone. They know who the dealers are and they do their investigation, but if they have no evidence or witnesses to testify against them, their hands are tied. When there is an arrest, the accused gets a lawyer and then we have plea bargains. With the overcrowding at the prison, they are rarely going to do time. Its sad that they then go back to dealing drugs to the kids of our town. A few of the people arrested on Friday have been arrested before and they are still at it. Some people never grow up.
thenoseknows

Glad to hear

Post by thenoseknows »

g3. I am very happy for you and your family. What a joy to know that someone else has had the strength and support to get clean.

Happy Holidays!

-stink
guest3

Post by guest3 »

A good start to getting the town clean of drugs is to help the addict get his life in the right direction. That is why I support the Methadone Maintenance Clinic that is trying to get into Antis township. If you have questions about MMT go to the next meeting or ask me.