WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST TYRONE COP??????????

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.

WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST TYRONE COP??????????

Post by GUEST »

TELL US WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE POLICE OFFICER.
1. Billy Mayes
2. Jeffrey Dillig
3. Greg Ray
4. Jessica Barlick
5. Jeffrey Barr
6. Mark Potts
7. George Swander
8. Kirk Mckendrie
9. Chief Beachem
10. Michael Metzger

Post by Guest »

THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF CLOWNS!! :lol:

FAVORITE POLICE OFFICER

Post by Guest »

I would have been the best and favorite, but left the force 20 years ago to move on to a much larger agency (now retired from same).

By the way, I knew George Swander from way back (like in the 60's - unless the current officer is a son/nephew, etc), and he was a straight-arrow and quite public service-oriented type of guy; it ran in the family.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

My Vote

Post by banksy »

Greg Ray

Police officers

Post by Guest »

I think it all depends on who you know. If you are a friend of one of the officers its obvious that is going to be your favorite "in most cases." But in my case I dont really have a favorite although I know a few (not by run ins with the law) but they seem fair. I dont agree with the officers pulling over for forgetting to use a turn signal, although I understand its a law, but I think they should focus more on the kids & adults that are on the corners selling drugs. They seem to be leaning in that direction by the small bust they just made. But they have much more work in that area!!
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

As a Tyrone native and former Tyrone cop, I'm hoping that any incident of an officer making a traffic stop for any violation as petty as failure to use turn signals is ONLY in order to have a citable violation as probable cause for suspicion of a greater violation (DUI, drug activity,etc).

This was the only purpose of such traffic stops when I was there; more often than not, the officer's suspicions were justified. With the borough being so small (as opposed to when Snyder township had it's own police force), it's difficult for an officer to follow for any distance in order to gather more probable cause - especially if the person may pose a danger to others.

This tactic IS quite successful when PROPERLY applied. For example, I recall one night in about 1982 where an officer used such a minor violation to justify a traffic stop on a car that had many items stacked in the back seat, about 2:30AM. When the vehicle was stopped, the items, that were in plain view, perfectly matched the description of items taken in an overnight burglary of a restaurant just outside Phillipsburg. In addition, one occupant had outstanding warrants and drugs and a stolen firearm were also in the vehicle. Followup investigation solved several other burglaries in both the immediate Tyrone area & elsewhere...

I don't know what may have changed over the years, but past Chiefs and even other officers would criticize any officer that made such petty stops WITHOUT further suspicion; they only served to harass honest citizens (young or old) and establish a bad reputation.

And ANY law enforcement agency gets it'sshare of FALSE complaints and bad raps; it serves NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER to give credibility to such accusations...

Re: My Vote

Post by Guest »

banksy wrote:Greg Ray
Are you SERIOUS???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
banksy
MVP Member

re: Am I serious

Post by banksy »

Of course. What's wrong with Greg. You asked for a favorite, so I figured I would tell you. I live in Ohio, so I know NONE of the cops on that list except for Greg. At least he is a Tyroner.

Also, why not join the site and stop posting annonymously.
putz

Re: re: Am I serious

Post by putz »

banksy wrote:Of course. What's wrong with Greg.
Where do we begin???

Post by Guest »

Greg is a f*g!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
banksy
MVP Member

Re: re: Am I serious

Post by banksy »

putz wrote:
banksy wrote:Of course. What's wrong with Greg.
Where do we begin???
So tell me, what are your factual points to make about any cop on the force. Cops take a bum wrap all the time from people who just like to b*tch, but when the s**t hits the fan, the same people sure are glad to see the cops. There are a lot of no win jobs in this world, police work, baseball umpires, and the president. I really am not interested in hearing your opinions on Greg. They question was posed as to who is your favorite, so I answered.

This board is frequented by a few annonymous people who will always take the devil's advocate position and contradict anything someone else says. This isn't indicitave of Tyrone, it is the world we live in. Some people in the U.S. would have their eyes and minds enlightened if they only knew exactly how good they have things.

Post by Guest »

Oh, come on people grow up! You are the idiots that give my hometown a bad name!!!!!

Post by Guest »

The above comment was aimed towards the people who are poking fun at local officials!!

Post by guest »

Greg Ray is a fine police officer and so is Mark Potts. I dont know the other officers so I cant comment on them. If you dont break the law you wont be hassled by them.
guest3

Post by guest3 »

I realized something by this question, I don't really know many of the town police officers. I know Greg, Jessica and Potts when I see them as for the others I have no clue. As far as police go, our town is very fortunate to have a force.