random ranting

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.

random ranting

Post by Guest »

When I was in highschool, noone ever bothered to tell me WHY drugs were bad. Sure "You get addicted", but what does that mean to a person who has never experienced it? I can't believe the epidemic that is taking a hold on this entire area. I moved away after I graduated a few years ago, and every time I come home, I have great news of "so and sos on heroin" or "yeah, they got arrested" or even better "They've died (x) amount of times and keep being brought back". It keeps getting younger and younger, too. Kids that I remember being born (keep in mind, I'm only 22) are walking the streets pushing smack. I have younger siblings, and the stories I hear of the goings on are horrible. Is anyone telling these kids that addiction really means losing weight, horrible mental polarity shifts, throwing up constantly, not being able to eat, disease, stealing from anyone and everyone without conscience to get more, selling all of your most prized possessions (and not so prized, I've seen people try to see clothes hangers and welcome mats from their doorstep), not to mention that it makes you look like h*ll, makes a liar out of you, and makes you completely alone in most cases, with the exception of your junky friends. Someone said on here that if you weren't in a clique, you weren't shat, but the truth of the matter is, the dream of classes uniting is happening, but in a very negative way. Rich junkies and poor junkies are pals. Drop out junkies and honor roll junkies hang out together in tiny little apartments with needles lying lying everywhere. There is no boundary between the young and old...they are all on the same team. And seeing as there is absolutely NO place for anyone to go, the only option is the s**t little apartment where someone's 14 year old daughter goes to hang out with a friend of hers and ends up forming a new circle full of people that mommy and daddy will never know about cause little "Suzy" is only ever with them in private, rather than out in the public where she can be observed, at least losely monitored. Before, you know it, another innocent is lost, and baby girl is screwing 20-something year olds and using her allowance to buy dope. This is nothing new, and it happens all the time, one buy one, they all fall down. I'm sort of just venting right now, with no real point, just returned from a trip home for the holidays.
I hope that the parents of the remainder of our innocents and youth scare the living bejezus out of their kids with honest, no holds barred descriptions of what this crap does to you. Some people just can't be saved no matter how hard you try, but I KNOW that many people that have chosen this path of self destruction have regrets. If they had known that they would never get that feeling again, and what they were in for with the real definition of "addiction", they would have steered clear.
I don't know what the answer is, perhaps there is none. I hope I haven't offended anyone, and to the parents out there, the 14 year old was a VERY probably hypothetical situation, but don't worry-I'm not talking about anyone in particular. :)
jamy
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

This is What it does to you

Post by jamy »

With This Needle I Thee Wed"

So now, little man, your tired of grass;
L.S.D.,Acid, Cocaine, and Hash
When someone pretending to be a true friend
Said, I'll introduce you to Miss Herion
Well honey, before you start fooling with me,
Let me inform you on just how it will be
For I will seduce you and make you my slave,
For I've sent stronger men than you straight to their graves.
You'd think you could never be such a disgrace.
Then you'll end up and addicted to poppy seed waste.
You'll start by inhaling me one afternoon,
Then you'll take me in your arms very soon.
Once I've entered deep down in your veins
The craving will drive you INSANE.
You'll need lots of money (have you already been
told)
For darling,I am more expensive than gold.
You'll swindle your mother for less than a buck.
You'll end up an animal, vile and corrupt.
You'll beg and you'll steal for a narcotic charm
And only feel content when I'm deep in your arm.
One day you'll realize the monster you've grown,
And solemnly promise to leave me alone.
If you think you have the magical knack,
Honey, Just try getting me off your back.
The vomit, the cramps, your guts in a knot
The jangling nerves screaming, for just one more
shot
The hot chills, the cold sweats, the withdrawal
pains,
Can only be eased by my little china white grain.
There is no other way and no need to look
For deep down inside, you'll know you are hooked,
You'll desparatly run to the pusher and then
You'll welcome me back to your veins once again.
And when you return, as I have foretold,
You'll ultimately give me your body and soul.
You'll give up your morale, your conscience, your
heart, and then you'll be mine, till death do us
part.

Author Unknown