Library move.....any thoughts????

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
SDutt

Library move.....any thoughts????

Post by SDutt »

I was reading the article that said that the Library was considering how they would move to their new location. I thought that I would start a post or just be the only one commenting...on how to help them decide.

When my family lived in Memphis for a few years we had a new library constructed. They decided to ask the community for help. They asked all of the residents to come and check out a few books. Not really choose any specific books, but just a few to lessen the move, then they had a schedule for returning the books back to the new library. Since all of the books that were "checked out" were in the computer there was not a worry that someone would steal them. Also, having a schedule for the books to be returned assured that the staff stocking the shelves would not be overwhelmed.

Good luck on the move and other ideas for them are welcome.
Starz

checking out books, return to new building

Post by Starz »

I think that idea is great and I would be willing to do this if we in the community were asked to.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

I don't read much, just to my kids

Post by Rick »

Not a bad idea... I can never get through a book myself, but my boys get a story every night before bed... guess I need to go get a library card... haven't had one of those in a looooong time :D