Minus One

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Concerned Resident

Minus One

Post by Concerned Resident »

Well as of this morning there is one less drug dealer on the street. But don't worry, there will be another one to take his place real soon. It could possibly just come from his family. As they always say its a family tradition.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Who died or got arrested?
ruby

Post by ruby »

We shouldn't look at it as one less dealer, we should view it as one less person that received the help he needed. This drug takes away everything that you ever knew of a "normal" life. It leaves you desperate and feeling very alone.
When I look at this situation I see children that have lost a father. No matter what kind of person he was on drugs he was a father to some beautiful children.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I am just wondering who it is and if I knew then.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Banksy makes a good point.

There apparently are quite of few of us who have moved away from Tyrone and don't know what someone is initially talking about in posts like this.

Please provide some reason or brief explanation in such initial posts so we (and probably even some current residents) can know and understand your point and respond accordingly.

This board is a great, instant way to keep in touch with current events, opinions, and changes in our home area; many of us also have pertinent and experienced input that can make the discussions even more interesting.

PLUS: when you are still living in the Tyrone area and post a topic, you can be assured that your message is accurately and completely now reaching persons living far away in other states.

As banksy asked: "who died or was arrested?", etc.
Starz

Post by Starz »

I live in Tyrone and have no idea what this person is speaking in regards to. But, I feel very sure we will all know what is going on in no time.
Concerned Resident

Post by Concerned Resident »

Ruby I agree with you on the treatment issue, but this person was a pusher, only for profit. He is also suspected of being the dealer that supplied the drugs to the young lady that overdosed about a month ago.
tyronie

Post by tyronie »

It is Shane Julian (from Marios). He passed away.
ruby

Post by ruby »

I don't think it really matters what the name of the person was, it was another human being. A life that mattered to someone. I didn't know him real well personally but I watched him interact with one of his children and my heart breaks for her and for him. I have seen what this drug has done to people, to families and I know that alot of times it gets so far out of control that you wonder how it will ever be resolved.
I guess losing a child I just don't deal well with death. I see it as a lfe lost that could have been saved and I keep asking myself what I, as a Tyrone citizen could have done to help this person. I think we should all be asking ourselves that.
To Banksy and Beach Biker, our town is in a drug war. As much as some people don't want to believe it, we are. Until the help that they need is available in our community its going to continue to grow.
tyronie

Post by tyronie »

Well said Ruby.
Starz

Shane

Post by Starz »

Oh my! That is sad. I knew Shane when he was a sober person. He was so so nice. So needless to say I saw the slow process of him going downhill. If it wasnt going to be drugs it seemed as though something was going to happen. I think it really got out of hand when Mario passed away. Mario worked hard to have his business grow in Tyrone and then look what happened to his business. Before no time that place will be shut down. It is sad that people may remember him in such a way. But, in my opinion I will remember him for the person he was before his soul got lost in drugs. Maybe Sandy will wake up and straighten herself up.........on the other hand I wont even go there. It is just sad to see drugs taking over this town the way they are. How many deaths is it going to take to make people see? I just dont understand.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Ruby:

I see a different side. Although I agree with practically everything you are saying, I think it is vitally important to know WHO it was. Since the name was revelaed on here, it is now apparent from posts that people knew Shane for someone other than someone wrapped up in drugs. It starts to become appareent that there was a time in his life where drugs was not the determining factor in what he did in any given day.

Putting a name to this humanizes it. It makes us realize that there was a "before" life to drugs and as such, with help, there could be an "after" life away from drugs. Leaving the name out makes it easier for people to say "They are addicts, let them fend for themselves."

Does that make an rational sense? I hope so.
ruby

Post by ruby »

Banksy,
I guess I view it as people wanting to know the name of the person moreso than it being sad that another life has been lost. Also I know how hard it is for family members and people close to a person that has left this world to get on line, or look in the paper or in the news and see the name of that person. I guess I've been thru the "gossip" mill and I sure don't want to fall into a trap of doing that. I think you and Beach biker are sincere in wanting to know the going on's of your home town so really it wasn't directed to you two. This town has a way of taking a tagedy and making it into something nasty.
This town is a mess and their will be more robberys and more deaths before its all over. The thing is that the cops are looking for "big time dealers" and they aren't going to find them. Our people are driving to Philly and Pittsburgh to attain the drugs for much less than they can get them here. They bring them back and sell them for 4 times what they paid. Eventually you run out of money to keep your habit, that keeps growing and growing each time you use and before you know it the people that you know that you steal from don't have anything left and you go to the neighbors and so on. Most of the people that are using heroin now aren't doing it for the high, they are using to feel normal. If you have never seen a person go through heroin withdrawal, then you are a very blessed person because its terrible.
Shane was a beautiful young man, with alot to live for. His life will live on in his children and that is the beauty thats left behind. Drugs destroy but the real goodness in a person will remain. Shane didn't die of a drug overdose but I'm sure that it had a way of contributing to it. We owe it to the Shanes of this town, and many others to help fight the war on drugs especially heroin.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

ruby,

My inquiry wasn't so much for the name of the person as it was for WHAT happened so I and others could understand the point of the initial post.

However, by knowing now WHO it was, I can relate it to some background information - both positive and negative - that I know about him, his family, and the overall environment; despite my being away for many years.

I and others predicted these situations when I grew up and when I was on the Tyrone PD over 20 years ago. We saw the local folks get sentenced to state prisons like Huntingdon and others - and make contacts there with other cons that made the connections to expand obtaining and selling drugs, pull off burglaries and fence off the goods all directions like Pittsburgh, Philly, New York, DC/Baltimore, etc. I detected, revealed, and broke up (in a coordinated effort between us and their law enforcement) a stolen vehicle ring that was operating in both the Tyrone and Loch Haven areas that provided a pathway for money and drugs.

We knew that as soon as Tyrone lost it's status as a relatively isolated community - mostly with the establishment of the 220 by-pass as a main route (pre- I-99), populations would be more transient IN and OUT, and social problems would intensify with social progress.

Ruby, your screen name and the situation that you have lost a child makes me suspect we may have had similar - and many other - conversations in the past. Like the whole time we were growing up? And when you have visited here?

If I'm correct, you are MORE THAN QUALIFIED to relate sorrow and loss and the value of ANY human life; you know how hard that loss, others, and another immediate family member I was quite close to (and coworker with in a family business) was to me as well.
ruby

Post by ruby »

Beach biker,
If you knew this was going to happen to Tyrone, and you live away, why couldn't the present Police force see it and get something into place before it got so far out of hand. They have these big drug bust, throw them in jail for a few hours, they squeal a few names and then are put back out on the streets. An addict is an addict, getting arrested doesn't cure his cravings for heroin. So they go out on the streets and start all over again! its just a revolving door.