I think...

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Resident

I think...

Post by Resident »

Having a bowling alley in Tyrone is a good idea. It would be nice if the new Brody's [sp] would offer alcohol also. I think we have enough bars in Tyrone but not many offer a full menu in addition to alcohol. The Bull Pen closes pretty early, even on the weekends and the kitchen closes earlier. I think a new hotel would be a great addition to Tyrone. I am sure it would do well. It would be nice to see some new faces in Tyrone. Boredteenager, I did not hear that from Puff-n-Snuff up to IGA would be coming down. I hope that is just a rumor, that would be like what - 5 or 6 business' closing down. I don't know. I like East End also, But I can tell you all this.....No it is not the Onions that make them taste so yummy! It is nice to see the old site of the Jones building being put to good use. The library is real nice. I miss Marios. I hope somebody will buy that building and put it to good use. Silverscreen Video Is Great!!!!! Well I think I covered enough for now just thought I could open a new topic to have you all post good things on rather then the Funeral topic. I hate seeing that as the last topic people posted on. :D
JoJo

HOTEL

Post by JoJo »

I think the Hotel will do great also. Just think of all the people that come to Tyrone to visit and the only option they have is driving to State or to Altoona. I am all for it! I agree about the topic of the last post. I dont like to read that everytime I sign on either. BUT hey, who are we??
ruby

Post by ruby »

I think a hotel is a great idea. I know that there a business men that come into Tyrone and have to stay either in State or Altoona.
Working with the public I hear more negative than positive. They think it will turn into a drug haven or a place for prostitution...??? Most of that comes from the elderly. Sometimes I think that people don't want to see Tyrone prosper or maybe its just that they don't like change?
Nascar Fan

Post by Nascar Fan »

I also think the hotel is a great idea. I do not think there would be any drug problems....and prostitution???? What kind of people think that would happen? That thought never crossed my mind at all. I am surprised with people asking for positive postings and with all the people that read this post... not many reply. I am curious as to why not?? I think the posting your thoughts on the Hotel is a great topic.
SDutt

Hotel

Post by SDutt »

I agree that a hotel would be great for town, but lets not forget our bellys! Has anyone ever gotten hungry after 9pm? Let me tell you if you do there are not man...any options other than Sheetz. So I ask...why is it that even after Tyrone's beloved football games are there no places to eat pizza and talk about the great game? I am still fairly new to town (1 year or so) and I know the town loves football. So maybe this season the PIZZA places could stay open till 11 on Friday nights. Oh and did I mention that we could really use some places to eat after 9pm?
Checking in

Brody's history

Post by Checking in »

Brody's is now a thing of the past
Bock

Hotel

Post by Bock »

Considering the number of individual building owners on the block between Puff N Stuff and Burley's, the chances of someone putting up the capital to buy them all out at the asking prices (when you consider they are developed propeerties as opposed to open land), tearing them down and rebuilding, to code nonetheless, well...in a nutshell...it's unlikely. Add to that Norfolk Southern's mainline (with a crossing - meaning blowing whistles) not too far away, and you get conditions for a hotel that are less than favorable. I think one in the area would work, but inside the borough the options are limited.

Like to see the discussions. Just being a realist.