Kathy Shea, missing person

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
JR

Banksy

Post by JR »

What have you heard? I am a relative and that is where my info. comes from. I hope to write a book about her. I grew up (about 750 mi. away)hearing about her and it has always been on my mind. My Mom and Dad were both involved in the search. That is before they even knew each other , they married afterward. One of the GREAT mysteries I've grown up with. My grandparents lived just accross the street from ADAMS school. When I came to visit I would play on the old school bell, that is now at the "new" elementary school. Where my own children attend. For those who do not know, North Ave. (?) is accross from Bressler's the alley Kathy would have taken to school. This info. was provided by Mary Jane Sheck(?) (sorry, I hope it is the correct spelling). I would love any and all info. I know Tyroners are loyal, please help. Tanks!
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Only god knows more than likely. Funny story. My cousin had been adopted when he was a baby. His adopted parents lived in Ohio (former Tyroners) when he was adopted and moved to Michigan shortly thereafter. Anyway, just about 2 years ago I had heard that over the years he had made some attempt to locate his birth mother. He has a kid himself now who had some health issues and he thought it would be a good idea. He sorta did some searching, but nothing really invovled. I heard he was looking and called him and asked him if we minded if I tried to find her. He did not mind so I started the search. I found her in a few months and talked to her on the phone. She lived in Arizona now, etc. It was really interesting the paths I took to locate her. I only had his birth certificate which listed only his birthname and his natural mothers name and address at that time (early 1960's.) I used death records, marriage records and old census reports to narrow my search. Not exactly related, but it reminds me of how twists and turns can determine fate.

As it turns out, him being adopted was the best thing that could have ever happened for him and his future.
Checking in

Rumors abound

Post by Checking in »

My parents also participated in the search for Kathy. Every year there would be a discussion of the search. Each time they would discuss it with other relatives that particpated in the search, they would always restate, that if the police would just have looked under the newly poored concrete. They always referenced that somebody poored a concrete sidewalk (driveway) the day she went missing. but that the police would never even consider asking the questions or digging up the concrete. Its just another rumor, but thought I would pass it along
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

There is also a rumour about Elvis being alive as well.
JR

concrete

Post by JR »

Yes, my relatives passed that one on too. I think they were talking about a church . My mother said she remembered the Feds. talking to the pastor of the Church of the Brethern (Ralph Ebersol), I wonger how someone could have put her in concrete with out anyone noticing. I also wonder why the FBI was involved since it was an in state crime? And how/why did they show up so fast?
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

I just checked the WTRN website for the first time in...ages.

It features a large feature about Kathy Shea, along with the aged-enhanced picture.

The WRTN site IS updated often, although it's more oriented toward community events and nostalgia than daily news.

However - on a current-issue note - their site now also features a theme of the NICE SEPTEMBER WEATHER, accompanied by a photo of piled-up snow with some parking meters.

Perhaps many folks would prefer the snow right now...
Harlow
MVP Member

Kathy Shea

Post by Harlow »

Kidnapping is a federal crime as well. Murder is a state crime.

That is why the Feds were involved.

Harlow
stayfit

Post by stayfit »

Hello, I wish I knew about this when I was in town. Hello, my name is Chris Lawrence. I work for the Erie Police dept. as a Detective. I am also a Composite Sketch Artist with many hits to my name. I was in Tyrone a few weeks ago sproviding sketches for the Tyrone police involving a couple of home invasion/burglaries. The sketches turned out super and may have led police to the suspects. I have done many sketches throughout the US. I finished some age progression sketches for the US Marshal serv. on two of their top ten fugitives. If interested, I would like to offer my services in identifying Kathy Shea. I see their is a progression image of her. I draft my sketches with a several graphite pencils and use the photos of the parents at the age Kathy is at now, which is in her mid 40's. to develope an image.

Thank You, Chris Lawrence
baggyman

Post by baggyman »

I believe she was six. Was a "serious" psychic ever called on to help with info?
LKS

north avenue

Post by LKS »

i have lived in tyrone all my life until last year when i moved to harrisburg and north avenue is up 15th street , turn left onto one of the side streets
don't know if its by bresslers food mart or the street before bresslers across from dr lewises house
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

North Avenue is before Bresslers food mart.

I believe Hamilton Avenue is the one next to Bresslers Food Mart.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Re: Kathy Shea, missing person

Post by SoccerMom »

There's an article about Kathy in today's Altoona Mirror:

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/conte ... ml?nav=742
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

It's totally unbelieveable that this little girl just suddenly vanished without a trace. What a shame. It's great to know that some are still pondering this case and that it has not been completely tossed aside.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

SoccerMom wrote:There's an article about Kathy in today's Altoona Mirror:

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/conte ... ml?nav=742

Thank you for posting the article.

As I said in my post earlier in this thread (almost 6 years ago) - I often think of Kathy's disappearance, am glad that it has not been forgotten, regret that we couldn't solve the case in my day, and appreciate every effort still being made by the current authorities who can investigate her disappearance.
Something to say
MVP Member

Re: Rumors abound

Post by Something to say »

Checking in wrote:My parents also participated in the search for Kathy. Every year there would be a discussion of the search. Each time they would discuss it with other relatives that particpated in the search, they would always restate, that if the police would just have looked under the newly poored concrete. They always referenced that somebody poored a concrete sidewalk (driveway) the day she went missing. but that the police would never even consider asking the questions or digging up the concrete. Its just another rumor, but thought I would pass it along
I, too, have heard a similar rumor floating about for years. The difference being that the concrete was poured as a foundation and a garage was promptly built on it.