FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
cheermom
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Post by cheermom »

WAY TO GO GUYS! GUESS YOU PROVED TO SETON LA SALLE THAT TYRONE CAN BE ONE BIG BUMP IN THE ROAD....OR SHOULD WE SAY SPIKED STRIP IN THEIR ROAD....HAHAHA

WAY TO GO!!!

:lol:
swaynet

Post by swaynet »

Mansion Park this coming week now.....lets keep the ball rolling....right into the end zone!!
piperight

Post by piperight »

Has anyone heard which night the game will be this weekend (Dec 3rd or 4th)? Please send me an e-mail if you happen to find out. Thanks.

Upping Listner Limits

Post by moderator »

Glad I turned up the limit to 50 from 32 for online listeners for the game... We needed it

FYI, I'll be removing the limit for the playoffs this weekend, so tell everyone you know to tune in for the game....

Good Luck Eagles...

Rick
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Hi all,

Hey, what was the end result of the TAHS football season?

I couldn't tune in to the playoff games because of work, the posts here just ended with at least one game on tap, and the news part of tyronepa.com, of course, was DOA during that time frame...
LnIcode

Post by LnIcode »

They lost to Grove City in a close game that was played in State College because GC complained that Masion Park was like a home game for Tyrone.

I can't remember what the score was, but there was a VERY controversial call made by the officials in regards to a first down (or not a first down) that kept a late game drive by GC going and resulted in the winning score. However, Tyrone had the time and a final chance to put points on the board to win the game, but there an interception deep in their own end to seal the deal for GC.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

LnIcode,

Thany you very much for this information.

So Grove City complained that Altoona would be like a home game for Tyrone - but State College wouldn't be?

Sounds like they are a bunch of losers in many regards, despite what goes in the books as football scores.
LnIcode

Post by LnIcode »

There's a lot of controversy/animostity that still exsists because of that game. Cripes, my grandfather gripes about it at every dinner we attend with him. I'd love to see these 2 teams play again in the first game of the season next season. It'd be a war.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

It's simply a high school football game. It ended, it's over. It was one call. Critical as it may seem, anytime you try to pin something over one controversial call needs to rethink things. Do we forget the fact that the RB was hit 2 yards further back in the backfield and the Tyrone defense didn't wrap him up? They had their chances to make it a two yard loss and didn't do it. That call did not give Grove City the game. They were simply the better team that day. I wonder if coming off such a huge win at Seton LaSalle played any role in the loss? Who knows.
LnIcode

Post by LnIcode »

I agree, Banksy. That call didn't end the game, nor was that call resulting in the touchdown. They still had the opportunity to stop the Grove City drive, and they still had that last posession to score. Did that call change the morale on a hard fought game? I would venture to say it did, giving a boost to GC, and maybe taking away from Tyrone a bit. But they needed to dig deeper then.
jokerman

Post by jokerman »

I have to disagree. That call did determine the outcome of the game. With less than 2 minutes left in the game, if Tyrone had regained possession, we could have easily run the clock out and won the game. As far as the index card goes, if you could have placed a gnat's eyelash between the football and the post..guess what..you didn't make it! Nevertheless it was a great game and our guys have nothing to be ashamed about. To be out-played and beaten is one thing, to have an official beat you is another. I don't think it's coincidence that the officiating team came from the same district as Seton-LaSalle (WPIAL).