More Tyrone Hotel Info??

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
LnIcode

More Tyrone Hotel Info??

Post by LnIcode »

While visiting relatives in Tyrone this past weekend, I was told the rumor going around is that the hotel developer that Stoner has been courting is the Shaner Group out of State College. I believe they at the very least have the ToftTrees Resort and Williamsburg Square properties.

I guess that group is trying to negotiate some major incentives in order to put something in town, though. Stuff like the Mill was given, I suppose. Possibly making a portion of downtown a Keystone Opportunity Zone (KOZ - http://www.koz.newpa.com/ ), though I don't know how feasible that would truly be in regards to meeting the requirements, has supposedly been batted around.

I am very surprised that the Snyder Township powers that be aren't courting a hotel possibility. In my opinion, they are much better suited for one than the borough of Tyrone just by space and accessibility alone.

There is some acreage (23, I think) for sale at the bottom of the Grazierville exit across from Nittany Envelope which would be much better for a hotel just by location. It's an open area with easy access on and off 99, easy access to Pizza Hut, Bull Pen, Fat Freddies, and the stores around those restaurants. Plus, DelGrosso Park just being about a mile away.

Or in the Bald Eagle area around Snappy's. That exit still should be pretty decent with traffic flow heading to and from Phillipsburg even though the 4 lane extention from I-99 (Port Matilda) to Phillipsburg along 322 will be completed.

Anyone have any info on this?? I haven't read anything in the Herald or Mirror about this stuff.