Tyrone has Hope

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
betsy

Tyrone has Hope

Post by betsy »

I feel that Tyrone has a lot of unused potential. The location of the town is ideal, between State College and Altoona. Instead of doing so much cosmetic renovations on the downtown area, I think we should focus on bringing businesses in to the area, and expanding the population and opportunities available to Tyrone residents. Downtown looks nice after all the renovations, but the individual residents are still lacking, there needs to be set rules to follow regarding the outside maintenance of houses and landscaping, this would increase the value of properties. Being so close to State College there is no reason why Tyrone can bring money in to it's economy, we just need to make it more enticing. A regular mass-trasportation system to Altoona and State College would also be a great idea.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

MAss Transit in Tyrone

Post by banksy »

For mass-transit to work, you need a regular schedule at set intervals, such as hourly, to and from. I doubt Tyrone cold provide enough passengers to support a routine schedule for mass transit.

Tyrone could consider utlilizing the railroad a little more and find a way to do "swap residents" days where residents from Bellefonte, Altoona and other communities on the rails would exchange residents to go to local shops and restaurants.

You are right in that Tyrone needs to attract more business or consider adding something like a business school, small college, etc. Very little seperates Tyrone from commmunities such as Lock Haven, Millersville, Shippensburg, and Clarion and those communities seem to have better downtown areas. Perhaps tax abatements to attract a business would help?

Post by Guest »

Here's an idea, Tyrone does have alot of potential, like downtown across from the old IGA building, there is some great things that could go there. For one, a gentlemens club,, I think being between Altoona and State, right off of the Interstate that would draw alot of attention, Lets face it sex sells! People would come in stop somewhere to eat, go to the club get a hotel room, wake up the next morning feeling guilty from being there, and buy there loved one something. So, it's a start!