Football violence...

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
baggyman

Football violence...

Post by baggyman »

Does anyone have the (correct) details on the violent incident which took place either during or after the game last friday (11/4)? I heard some punk assaulted the 70 y/o bus driver from the other school and hurt him seriously. What an absolute shame!

There is nothing more damaging to a community in the eyes of outsiders (and insiders) than this sort of childish violence. Tyrone already has a reputation far and wide in Pa. for violence, name-calling, harrassing the oponent's (adolescent) players, etc. How about we grow up?

In my own humble opinion, I think the Mayor and newspaper ought to get involved in this one. A public apology should be rendered to the other town; their team, there mayor and the community. Anything less than that is a slap in the face. We must extend our hand to make ammends. The Mayor is the right person to do this. In fact, it is her duty! Prosecuting the perp to the fullest extent allowed by law is a given. Also, banning him from the football field and a 100 yard radius is appropriate.

I hope all that read this posting realize how this terrible event reflects on each of us as Tyroneans. In a time and era when violence and hatred abound worldwide, what are we doing to to make the world better for our kids and their kids? How about just our little town?
jayestewart
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Stop after first sentence

Post by jayestewart »

Hey you were great in asking the first sentence. After that you should have stopped. Allow someone to answer. Then, if the answer warrants a tirade have at it....but you may be premature in your Tyrone bashing.
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

From what I could gather, It was a group of Tyroners, fighting with out of towners riding the bus. The bus driver tryed to break up the fight and was thrown on the ground. He was injured badly. This poor man did not deserve to be treated in this manner! Some of these Tyroners are pure trouble. No doubt about it.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

What amazes me is to hear Tyrone fans question Coach Franco and mumble and grumble when his son carries the ball. Franco has been noting but a class act and the best coach Tyrone will EVER SEE! They should consider themselves thankful to have such a fine coach and never question what he does.
blueOOeyedsoutherngirl

Post by blueOOeyedsoutherngirl »

There is always one "bunch" no matter where you go that will cause trouble. It is not just Tyrone kids. The Golden Eagles played some good football, and made Tyrone proud!! It's too bad someone has to ruin it. Congratulations Coach Franco and the Tyrone Golen Eagles on a great season!!!

How is the bus driver? Will he be okay?
baggyman

Post by baggyman »

Please understand one thing: I'm not "Tyrone bashing". I love this town. Was born and raised here. Graduated high school here. Will probably die here. So, I think that gives me the right to express concern for the town's image.

In all fairness, the town did react to some degree after the incident. Security was stepped-up around the football feild last night. And, although I haven't had a chance to read it, I hear the Herald mentioned the incident and that charges are being filed against the perp. As far as it goes...it's a start. But - there has been no public apology by anyone to the other school and community.

The vast majority of folks in Tyrone are respectful and considerate of others. It's that handful of idiots that muck things up for the rest of us.
Beck

Post by Beck »

I was at that football game but didn't see what went on after the game. I did read a letter to the editor from a PC fan and she said that our fans boo'ed the band. I was sitting on the 50 yard line and I heard a great amount of cheers and no booing! I know during the first half of the game PC's dawg pound was yelling "over rated" to our team... Which is all in supporting your team.
I don't know exactly what went on after the game, and no one should ever be hurt. I do know that the bus driver was pushed or punched and fell and hit his hip on the curb. That is what caused the broken hip. I just wonder what did go on by the bus. The herald said that two kids were in the middle of an altercation and the bus driver came to break it up. Did he lay a hand on the kid that pushed/punched him? or did the kid just go after the bus driver for trying to break them up? I'm sure there are a lot of unanswered questions.. Someone needs to make a statement.
Tyrone did step up secruity and the game with Bishop McCort went smoothly.
What about the good fans? the ones that said nice game to the people that were leaving? its always the bad things that stand out! Tyrone Fans love their team and from where I sit they are good honest fans...
jayestewart
MVP Member

Facts

Post by jayestewart »

Once the facts are obtained then the appropriate actions should be taken....
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

I feel badly for the driver. Being an athletic director that would be my worst nightmare to have that happen to a visiting driver.