TASD Punishments

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.

Post by guest »

According to the districts policy on drug possession now, it allows for the student to be suspended for 10 days, referal to SAP program and for law enforcement to be notified. If he would've had more indicating he was selling he would've been expelled for 40 Days. he only had a small amount according to news reports, so he was suspended. Also, the boy with the heroin didnt graduate because he was needed his English credit not because he was arrested. He is attending summer school to earn this credit and then recieve his diploma. This I learned from his family. He is also attending a methodone clinic and has been clean for months. I am glad for his family.

ok

Post by Guest »

im glad to hear he is doing good... but i meant, when pulling the fire alarm i thought it could be a minimum of 10 days and at worse expel. anyone know????
AWoomer

Post by AWoomer »

Yes I do Know,I was told it was a manditory 10 day suspension by the school administration! Then My son and I had to attenend a Board Hearing,it was then decided BY the BOARD that he be expelled for the remainder of the school year!
ruby

Post by ruby »

I don't know your son, but I do think that before we post much about the rules of the school that its important to know if your son had previous offenses with the school. I don't mean that you are to state them here I just think we all need to remember that there are alot of issues that go into facing the school board. Prior offenses being one of them. I would like to think that TAHS wouldn't just pass a child onto another facility bases on a first strike?

but what if.....

Post by guest »

AWoo....I understand that from your parental point of view it can be very upsetting that your son has to go through so much for such a little offense. Now let me ask a what if question. What if in the ruckus..you fill in the blank. I would have been horrified as well if my child had been expelled for this. But let me tell you he deserves what he got. You should spend more time with him and less time looking for support on here. Where is he right this second? Sitting by you while you read this? Nope! Find him. Hug him. Love him. Teach Him. and take him to church
t

Post by t »

The fire alarm punishment is based on State Law which cant be changed by an individual school district. You could go to the states webpage and find out the exact law as it is written. And Im sure that no child is sent to Greentree for One offense. It is a history of offenses that get you sent to a partial day program.

Sitting by you while you read this?

Post by Guest »

You should spend more time with him and less time looking for support on here. Where is he right this second? Sitting by you while you read this? Nope! are you in miss.woomer house?NOPE!! how do you know if her child is sitting there reading with her? as she stated before he has a 1st grade education, i dont think he can read whats is being wrote
sybles

state law

Post by sybles »

well i searched and searched the web for STATE LAW on pulling the fire alarm couldnt find a law, maybe you could help me out there. however i have read several other guidelines from PA. schools and it seems its a option to suspend or expel.
as for the poster with subject but what if..... life is all about what if now arent they, what if i havent let my daughter date someone she wouldnt be sick now, what if the boy had a good education, the abilty to learn like you and i can, he could understand consquences like you and i understand them. do you think if awoomer didnt love her child she wouldnt be reaching out and fighting for him! what if what you said was right out wrong?
BoredTeenager

What If

Post by BoredTeenager »

This is to "Guest" that replied the what if question to AWOOMER. I want you to know that my sister was there the day the fire alarm was pulled, she just had surgery done on her knee and had to limp out of the school, now if ANYONE was to get hurt in the RUCKUS it would have been her, but her nor ANYONE else was hurt. WHAT IF it was a for real fire??? You need to ask yourself that question instead of saying how YOU think someones child is. How do You know AWOOMER's son was not at her side reading what you post?? YOU DONT KNOW. Before you ever reply a post why dont you sit down and THINK for once about what your going to say, because YOU can cause more of a ruckus by words. By the way, I know the boy who pulled the fire alarm and he is a great friend to me, and belive me i got my words to him how i felt about it. Now I can say something to him and his mother about anything because I KNOW THEM, unless you also know them you can say things, which would be right if you knew them, so stop saying the things you say because your wrong. I know for a fact that I'm by my mothers side reading what people wrote, so what do you think about that? Also I know the young man who was busted for herion, he is also a friend of mine, now I think that AWOOMER's son got a far more harsh punishment then what the kid that brought herion to school did. I'm 16 years old and I KNOW i would sooner want to run out of the school then have users bringing herion to an educational system.

What If

Post by Guest »

What if the fire companies responded to the false alarm and their attention was diverted somewhere else they were needed? What about the cost to the tax payers for the money spent to bring those fire trucks to the school.

This is basically the just of this. If there is a law which spells this out, then you know what. Take your punishment. Like the old saying goes, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Again, this is all conjecture on the meanign of the law.

Points to Ponder: In Jonesboro, Arkansas, a teenager pulled a false fire alarm to get students to leave the school building. His purpose for this was to expose the studetns and faculty to his awaiting rifle from the outside the building. While your chiuld may not have had this extreme intent, we live in a socitey where extreme situations are forcing some extreme punishment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/na ... esboro.htm
----------------------------------------------------
May 21, 1998: Three sixth-grade boys had a "hit list" and were plotting to kill fellow classmates on the last day of school in a sniper attack during a false fire alarm, police in St. Charles, Missouri, say.

http://dek.ebme.cwru.edu/raznoe/School_ ... gs_USA.htm
Tampering with fire equipment or setting off a false fire alarm is a misdemeanor under state law

http://www.lycoming.edu/reslife/guidelines.htm
sybles

Post by sybles »

By itself, heroin is dangerous, causing more deaths than any other illegal drug in the United States - between 3,000 and 4,000 die from overdoses yearly. Heroin users also are at high risk of diseases like HIV and hepatitis because the most popular way to use the drug is by injection.

The CDC estimates that
there are up to 230,000 new hepatitis C infections in the U.S. every year.
Currently, 8,000 to 10,000 deaths each year are a result of HCV.

I couldnt find any info of people dieing because of a false alarms or people that died because a false alarm was being tended to and the companies was responding to the false alarm.
ruby

Post by ruby »

I don't think this is a debate over whether heroin is more dangerous than pulling a fire alarm. I think this is about the rules of the school. I don't think that the boy had enough heroin in his possession to "kill" the whole school, and I also don't believe that his intent was to sell it to any students. Most users of heroin don't Share! This is just so unfair to bring that boy into a debate about the rules of the school concerning fire alarms. You don't see the boys family that had possession on here crying about him being punished. He did his time as was laid out by the school district, plus his picture was on the front page of the paper and he will be forever known for that act. No matter how much he changes his life he will be labeled, that is what isn't fair. I don't know the name of the student that pulled the fire alarm and I really don't care.. He was punished by the rules laid out by the individual school district. He did what was required of him and he will go on about his business... Life goes on!
sybles

debate

Post by sybles »

yes it is about the rules of the school, wonder if thats what the whole orginal post was about, then it turns into "which is more dangerous" both familes are hurting for differant reasons, its all about opinions, and we all will have differant ones, depending on which one affected a partical posters life.. mine was the heroin, i was not striking out at any one person i am striking out about what the heroin is doing to our town, our familys, our children, in my mind i just couldnt see a fire alarm causeing near as much pain to a community as the heroin is. not just this one kid, many many kids of this town, Ruby they may not share the heroin, but they do share the needles, i know this because i know 4 boys who sat together with one needle and all 4 now have hep c.
i am now stepping away from this board, to many mean words are being said and hurting both familes. best of luck to both families and the struggles of raising kids.
EVERYONE!!!!!

its been done

Post by EVERYONE!!!!! »

What has been done has been done. Fair or unfair judgement by those who make the rules has been past. We can not let this site turn into a war zone. Please...if there are concerns about this topic....please know that they are valid, but this issue has had its turn at the board. Lets focus our attention to the positive....lets use our frustration for what has been done as fuel to vote for changes in the future.

Rules are law until they are changed. Abide by them or help change them....but do not break them.

Lets move our attention to another post.
BoredTeenager

Post by BoredTeenager »

Ruby, the boy didnt have enough herion to kill the whole school, yet his Hep C infected blood will kill. He told me this himself, he has Hep C, and I know that he has shared with others because others told me they shared needles with HIM and only HIM which is how they got Hep C. This basically concludes to the fact that the boy will have basically murdered the people who shared with him, because later in life they will continue thier drinking and popping pills which will kill them because of Hep C. Now, the boy who pulled the fire alarm DID NOT hurt anyone. And to the guest with the what if deal, We have what 3 fire companies in this tiny town? I belive, and if there was a fire somewhere else they would be there. So our taxes will have to pay for what 100$ in gas, thats not alot these days.