TASD Punishments

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
ruby

Post by ruby »

I believe we do need to look at the positive.. and hopefully everyone is getting the help that they need... My post wasn't saying that they don't share needles I know they do. They aren't to keen on sharing their drugs. And as for living with it.. believe me I do. Its so close it hurts. I too am leaving these boards. I believe that words and meanings get twisted and feelings get hurt. I'm to close to the situation. I will pray for both of the families. I know Sam is doing great.
common sense

WHAT IF....

Post by common sense »

What if the people that are currently posting all this garbage on this post had enough integrity to admit that they may have over-reacted and made some assumptions about things that hey have no real knowledge of....

Everyone makes mistakes, it's those who dwell on them for months that never really learn from their mistakes and move on. How about we stop blaming everyone, and anyone, we can find and just say "d*mn, I, we, my son, my brother, whoever, screwed up. I guess I have to learn from it and make the situation right."

Now that would be an interesting post!!!!

Post by Guest »

Well, if the Fire company's would have been called, surely the Citizens wouldn't have been there, with the boro council, and YOUR BORO FIRECHEIF shutting it down. I say lets shut the schools down too, There are drugs there, and even though the school isn't suppling them, lets shut them down. If they want to go to school, bellwood is pretty close. I mean, the drugs, the fire alarm, That is to much for Tyrone to handle....
Maria guest

TAHS Punishments

Post by Maria guest »

Some may not agree with me but I admire the father who is standing up for his daughter who was suspended from school because she had highlights in her hair. Unnatural hair color is a violation of the TAHS Code of Personal Appearance For Students. You can find this violation in the 2003-2004 TAHS Student Handbook on page 8. TAHS says all hair must be a color that is natural so as not to disrupt the educational program as well as for health reasons. BUT YET if you start reading on page 7 and continue reading to page 8, you will see in 7. b. TAHS states that girls who choose not to wear a bra shall not wear a garment that is tight fitting and/or immodest. I can't believe there is a garment (top) made that does not reveal the movement of developed br**sts if you are not wearing a bra. Even wearing a bra does not always stop the movement of developed br**sts. In my personal opinion fully developed girls not wearing a bra to school would cause more of a disruption of the
"educational program" than highlighted hair.

What do you think about Superintendent Miller's decision concerning these two dress code violations??? He remembered about the unnatural hair color but when he was asked about the dress code that allows girls to attend school without wearing a bra, he said that was not in the "Code of Personal Appearance for Students". And could not believe his eyes when it was shown to him?????? A policy that was probably approved by the TAHS School Board, based upon his recommendion. I believe this is how these matters are handled?? I can't believe that the school board of directors read this Student Handbook and all agreed to approve it, especially when Miller was horrified to read it in there. Oh, yes, I sometimes forget they are all "yes" men/women for Miller. He has been running the TAHS as the Miller Private School for many years just as his father did and maybe like his son will upon his father's retirement.

Are we going to continue closing our eyes to this or are we finally going to do something about it. I was told there were 6 people at the board meeting on September 9 and that 4 to 6 persons represent the usual attendance. How about for a start we all begin attending some of these board meetings and see and hear what we can about our school system. They will be holding their working session on Tuesday October 7 and their regular meeting on Tuesday October 14. Both start promptly at 7 PM and are public meetings. Hope to see you there.

LETS GET INVOLVED IN "OUR TOWN" and begin with the TAHS PUBLIC SCHOOL AND MOVE ON TO THE TYRONE BOROUGH COUNCIL. LETS NOT SIT BACK AND COMPLAIN AND DO NOTHING ANY LONGER!!!! IT HAS ALREADY BEEN MUCH TOO LONG.