I think we should make a list of those busted for drugs.

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
billm

Post by billm »

thanks banksy

"nothing to do" -- seriously?? I grew up in central PA and was involved in many things in my childhood other than "hanging out" and letting free time dictate my choices
the key is that my parents were involved too -- they kept me focused on activities that tought me values and responsibility -- and kicked my butt if I got into trouble
again - back to the whole accountability issue

there are many organizations around that would be glad to have volunteer help from the youth -- and would help teach them the value of community and responsibility
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

I could not agree more! Tyrone high has so many activities. There were many when I attended over twenty years ago, and now even more! It seems the community also has more activities, private lessons etc. The parents also play a key role in this issue. Parenting involves encouraging your child and motivating them to be active in sports, band, dance and exercise etc. Letting kids do as they please leads to trouble.
Doorman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Doorman »

Well I am so glad some else jumped on that old line that there is nothing for the kids to do. From my experience most kids do not want to find something worth while to do.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

billm wrote:...there are many organizations around that would be glad to have volunteer help from the youth -- and would help teach them the value of community and responsibility
Yep - and I remember one that I belonged to:

Of course, we all know what happened years later ...
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Remember the days when there only were 4 TV channels at most... ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS? And no gaming systems until the first Atari came out? Before Atari, it was to the game room at the mall or pinball at the local pizza place.

Whatever did we do with ourselves? :roll:
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

WE used to go to the bowling alley and Poolhall.. or go visit our friends and play outside no matter how hot or cold it was... we played in the woods, made forts out of almost anything and had a lot of fun doing it!!! Oh, don't I wish those days were still here, having just passed my fiftieth year... :eek:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

ahhh yes the pool hall. AJB Billiards, definetly one the finer establishments ever to grace Tyrone, it was just misunderstood.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Robbuck wrote:WE used to go to the bowling alley and Poolhall.. or go visit our friends and play outside no matter how hot or cold it was... we played in the woods, made forts out of almost anything and had a lot of fun doing it!!! Oh, don't I wish those days were still here, having just passed my fiftieth year... :eek:
Did ya ever build a d*mn on the Juniata River or swim down behind the Vets!
cheermom

??

Post by cheermom »

The other week on this site, they had a photo of a plant taken from Ironsville --a 8 ft plant ---was any further information or article done on this?? I guess I should get the newspaper more often to read the police blotter.

It looked like a christmas tree

http://www.tyronepa.com/news/article.php?id=7908
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

We used to take innertubes from car tires and float down the Juniata....back then we had to watch out for the bubbles and other nasty things... :roll:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

BeachBiker wrote:
billm wrote:...there are many organizations around that would be glad to have volunteer help from the youth -- and would help teach them the value of community and responsibility
Yep - and I remember one that I belonged to:

Of course, we all know what happened years later ...
So join the Hookies.... the Citizens are gone, get over it.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:...So join the Hookies.... the Citizens are gone, get over it.
If you go back and look closer, Bill was quoting MY post and photo - they were my remarks.

For the record, I did also belong to the Hookies:

Holtzy

Yet another drug bust with repeat offenders...

Post by Holtzy »

I have now come to the conclusion that you will get a less punishment if you do drugs than if you get a D.U.I.
After reviewing the list of names of the most recent drug bust that just took place earlier this week, I saw at least one name that has been listed in almost every bust that has occured in Tyrone in the past couple of years....WHY???? And the other sad thing about that is he has custody of his 2 children....Come on now!!!
Beck

Post by Beck »

Seeing the same names in the paper bust after bust lets me know that more needs to be done than just busting the user/dealer. Its true that no good rehabilitation gets done in jail. They might do six months come out clean but they don't get the knowledge they need while in there to stay clean. I don't know the answer to this, but I sure wish that I did.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Why not create a college for these people and those who really are just misguided individuals would be "sentenced" there for 4 years and get a degree. It can't be that much more expensive than a prison.

The ones who are just chronic BAD people, let's make them do hard labor and clean the highways, clean the cities, etc. It's time to put criminals back to work.