Who are you and what do you do?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
ragged_scooper
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by ragged_scooper »

Greetings. I am a newbie here, but an oldie in reality. My brother is on here, Robbuck, and I am his older brother, Ron. Class of '64.

The handle comes from my call sign when I was in Vietnam. I am currently living in historic Londontown, MD, an over 350 year old community just south of Annapolis.

I work at NASA in Greenbelt, MD and have for the last 33 years as a media librarian and archivist.

Guess that's about it for now except to say that I also had Miss Hannold when I was in kindergarten. I had the opportunity to see her a couple of times when I visited my mom and dad in previous years. Sorry to hear of her passing.

Ron - Hi Rob
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Aw..jeez.. I hate when this happens.. :oops: I was looking at my last post about what I do and it changed again.. still live in the same place but now work for a High Performance Plastics Co. in State College.as a molding technician.. but I think all the other stuff is still accurate.. and a big welcome to my big brother (HI) :thumb: and beachbiker still owes me bigtime...
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Robbuck wrote:... and beachbiker still owes me bigtime...
I don't know about that, Rob. I could still blackmail you and tell your brother about all those times you used to claim that you were an only child. :shock:

Of course, I used to claim that I was an only child, too. :wink:
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Well, Mike I pretty much WAS an only child.. Ron is ten years older than me..so when I was old enough to run rampant thru the streets of Tyrone.. he was off fighting the war.. :flag: Besides blackmail is such an overused word.. especially here in our beloved forum.. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
SMOKEJUMPER

WHO AM I

Post by SMOKEJUMPER »

HI. IM NEW TO THE SITE

MY NAME IS: ALBERT WILSON

GRAD. CLASS OF 1985

I LEFT THE ARMY IN 95. WORKED AT NORTH AMERICAN COMMUNICATIONS FOR 5 YRS THEN GOT A JOB WITH THE FINE BOROUGH OF TYRONE AS A WATER PLANT OPERATOR ( LICENSED THAT IS )

I AM MARRIED AND HAVE 2 KIDS A BOY 11 AND A GIRL 8

I ENJOY BEING A VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER , SHOOTING AND BEING WITH MY FAMILY
SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY LIFE ,ITS TO SHORT AS IT IS.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Albert.... Terry Banks here, good to see another member from the Class of 85 on the board!
SMOKEJUMPER

who are you

Post by SMOKEJUMPER »

Hi Terry To think we would be in the fields we are in now, after the way we were in school. is mr adams still drawing?
SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY LIFE ,ITS TO SHORT AS IT IS.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

He doodles now and again.... I haven't seen him since shortly after graduation, but chat with him online occassionally. He lives in Altoona.
bandit247

Post by bandit247 »

Jim Schopp '85 Grad

Wow, just got on board recently with the site thanks to my neighbor, Rick. Some of these names are a blast from the past!

Glad to hear everything is going well for everybody.

I married a Bellwoodian in '88. I know, they're supposed to be the bad guys but she has fully converted(She even serves on three Golden Eagle Booster Clubs). We have three great boys; Justin 18, AJ 15, and Jason 10.

I'm an electrical engineering supervisor at State of the Art, Inc. in State College

Banksy: You used to make me laugh so hard just listening to you laugh, it was ridiculous! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Harlow: Glad to hear you're still keeping in touch with your hometown, you are defenitely a true-blue Golden Eagle Fan. :thumb:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Jim: Nothing could be better than listening to Bon Jovi in your baement!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I just got a new job... I am chief website designer for the musical sensation John Ondrasik, better known to most of you as Five for Fighting...

http://www.fiveforfighting.com/
bandit247

Post by bandit247 »

Terry: Glad to give you some memories; Sigh, those were definitely the days.

Still love Bon Jovi!
Meaux

I'm Jean Valjean!

Post by Meaux »

(my nod to musical theater...)

Maureen, TAHS class of 1977, PSU 1981, Houston, Pittsburgh, New York and then home to Tyrone in 1995.

I graduated with Tammy Kimble's brother Tim (aka T-Bo).

The internet does afford anonymity but in a local forum like this it is nice to see folks stepping out from behind the names and icons and be real in a the spirit of small town living.

John Harlow was on the Herald staff when I first moved home...and I always thought Banksy was John Banks ('76), Kathy Harris' husband...I see now I was wrong.

Oh yeah, I sell home and auto insurance...
Tyrone Pride

Post by Tyrone Pride »

Chip Dillon
T.A.H.S. Class of 1991
Married to Rhonda Nein class of 1987. No kids yet, just a spoiled dalmatian named Blaze. I currently work as a Surgical Technologist. I am also a EMT/ Lieutenant at the Blazing Arrow Hook and Ladder Fire Co. "HOOKIES" in Tyrone. I also work as an Evaluator for an area Fire School that does state certified firefighting training and testing. And from time to time I do the family buisness..driving truck hauling US Mail. I love to go trout fishing and make my own lures. I am also the person that plays taps at the memorial day services and Veterans day in Tyrone. I am a strong believer that taps needs to be played for real and not on a tape or CD for our Veterans. They deserve it!!! It is nice to see some familiar names on this board. i hope everybody is doing well. Keep safe and have a great summer. :D
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

bandit247 wrote:Wow, just got on board recently with the site thanks to my neighbor, Rick. Some of these names are a blast from the past!
Just remember how happy you are at this moment, so when you loose your job due to increased internet usage and end up in rehab from split-gut syndrome, I don't take the brunt of the blame... :wink: :thumb:
banksy wrote:I just got a new job... I am chief website designer for the musical sensation John Ondrasik, better known to most of you as Five for Fighting...
Schweeet........

<<<==envious :mrgreen:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you