Who are you and what do you do?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Something to say
MVP Member

Re: Who are you and what do you do?

Post by Something to say »

LOL Red, ... my grandparents got around EACH OTHER a few times...lol. 24 grandkids I think :roll: , and I counted 46 great...prolly missing a few...then the great-great...etc...lol. I think 17 of the grandkids still live in the area so I do have quite a large extended family milling about..lol.
Oh and btw... My mom told me to tell you to have a Blessed Holiday season. She had a good day yesterday and remembers your grandfather well. She said he was such a nice man. :D
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Someday, I promise, I'll tell who I am. Right now, I'm having too much fun being incognito. I am really enjoying this board and ALL that is on here.... aside from getting a life, I don't know what I would do without ya all.... guess I could watch TV :mrgreen: If I were to tell some of you who I am, you would never listen to me again. :lol: Someday....
twiltz

Re: Re:

Post by twiltz »

(((((((( Tammy )))))))))

I am your cousin from Tipton. Was shocked when I saw you on here!! I believe I last saw you a couple yrs ago on the 4th of July ;) Your pap sent us an article, about he and your gramma, that was in their local paper...THEY LOOK GREAT!! That woman amazes me!! Hope all is well with you and yours and the rest of the family in Louisiana. I look for Joey every time I go to Altoona. I used to see him quite a bit at Eat and Park...he must be staying home ...lol. I'm gonna have mom call Uncle Joe over the holidays. Wish we could all get together. Take Care...Happy Thanksgiving. Hugsss, Karen[/quote]

Hi Karen! Great to hear from you. I get on here occassionally just to see what's going on up there. You're right, it's been 2 years since we've been up there. Not sure when we'll be back up that way. Joe stays on the road with Sheetz. He's usually out of town once or twice a week. Grandma and Grandpap are still staying busy!! They just got back from California. They went with Mom & Dad. We'll be heading to Louisiana for Thanksgiving and I'll let everyone know you asked about them. It would be great if we could get together. I hope your Mom and the rest of your family are doing good. Tell them I said hi and that you all have a great Thanksgiving!! Love, Tammy
marlin01

Post by marlin01 »

I'm writing this for my wife Jeanne (Shildt) who is from Tyrone. We currently live in St. Petersburg Fl but are seriously thinking of moving north perhaps to the Tyrone area. Jeanne is an LPN (43 years). She still has many relatives and friends in Tyrone. Her parents, grand parents and some great grandparents are all from Tyrone. Her Dad, a Pearl Harbor survivor lives about 50 miles north of us with her Mom also a WWII vet. He was born in the large brick house on Adams&Garfield.
We come up every few years and I myself like Tyrone but would have to wait for retirement to make any kind of move. Believe me living in Florida is no picnic, very expensive.
I subscribe to the Herald and enjoy reading the activities of a small town, so different then here. We have 450,000 people crammed into the 4th smallest county in Fla. Been reading about the wind turbines on Ice Mt. I can tell you first hand what "snake oil developers" can do to a community, by all means keep your mountains as God intended them to be.
Ed&Jeanne Bittman