If you could change anything about Tyrone what would it be?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Harlow
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

If you could change anything about Tyrone what would it be?

Post by Harlow »

This should get things going.

I would make sure that whenever I came to town, I would get a good parking space for the Tyrone-Bellwood game and there wouldn't be any traffic in my way when I head out for adult beverages with friends after the game.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

What would I change? I would like to come back with a boat load of money and turn that little league field into the mecca of little league fields.
Blain

Post by Blain »

I'd do something like, I don't know, maybe remove the heroin and crystal meth problem from town.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Blain wrote:I'd do something like, I don't know, maybe remove the heroin and crystal meth problem from town.
ImageImageImage

I guess i'm really interested in watching the community grow in population with people closer to my age. It's nice to see more and more families, kids, and people who truly wish well for the area. I think that without some newer, younger faces, it would be very difficult to make any positive changes in our neighborhood. My .02...
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
JordanConard

Post by JordanConard »

I would add some attractions to town that would generate growth. If we could stimulate growth and new business, then a lot of these issues would be resolved.

All it would take is a few really great ideas to bring new life to this town and make it quite desirable as a destination. The small community charm could be a real part of the desireability.

What we need are innovators and thinkers who are not afraid to step out with a new innovative plan for generating growth.

Jordan
LKS

good luck

Post by LKS »

good luck in getting the drugs out of tyrone and if you find a way maybe everyone will heed your advise.......i know its just a dream and a good dream at that.......
mcdoggy

What would I change about Tyrone?

Post by mcdoggy »

I haven't been back to town for several years but if it was about ten years ago I'd say change the inept police department and the local magistrate. The police on the force then cared more about making sure their job was as easy as possible and didn't want to be bothered with actual police work and the magistrate cared more about protecting his buddies in blue than about upholding justice even when it was proven in his court the police did an inept job and you were on the opposing side of the police officer, then decision denied all possible logic so the officer was on the winning side. The town as a whole was an interesting little place filled with enough good-old-boys, old-boys-networking, racists, drunks and druggies, ineffectual officers of the law and court, and your hometown crazies that would've made Flannery O'Connor proud! For those of you who don't get my alluding, I rest my case.
banksy
MVP Member

Re: What would I change about Tyrone?

Post by banksy »

Perhaps you live in Plesantville now?
mcdoggy wrote:I haven't been back to town for several years but if it was about ten years ago I'd say change the inept police department and the local magistrate. The police on the force then cared more about making sure their job was as easy as possible and didn't want to be bothered with actual police work and the magistrate cared more about protecting his buddies in blue than about upholding justice even when it was proven in his court the police did an inept job and you were on the opposing side of the police officer, then decision denied all possible logic so the officer was on the winning side. The town as a whole was an interesting little place filled with enough good-old-boys, old-boys-networking, racists, drunks and druggies, ineffectual officers of the law and court, and your hometown crazies that would've made Flannery O'Connor proud! For those of you who don't get my alluding, I rest my case.
mcdoggy

I believe you mean Pleasantville?

Post by mcdoggy »

What does where I live now have to do with the b.s., ineptness, unfairness, illegal use of power et al of what goes on and has gone on?
banksy
MVP Member

Re: I believe you mean Pleasantville?

Post by banksy »

Because you make it seem like it does not happen where you live.
mcdoggy wrote:What does where I live now have to do with the b.s., ineptness, unfairness, illegal use of power et al of what goes on and has gone on?
hykesmill

Re: I believe you mean Pleasantville?

Post by hykesmill »

banksy wrote:Because you make it seem like it does not happen where you live.
mcdoggy wrote:What does where I live now have to do with the b.s., ineptness, unfairness, illegal use of power et al of what goes on and has gone on?
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE THAT HAD ISSUES WITH THE PD BACK IN THE DAY.
baggyman

All it would take is a few really great ideas to bring new l

Post by baggyman »

Conrad is right! Tyrone is still a good place to live and safe to raise kids, but new hi-tek industry, new ideas would bring new families, the kind of families you would want living in your neighborhood.
snugumnes

Post by snugumnes »

u know u say its safe for kids there , but yet no info on kathy shea , another girl killed there that was visiting , and another one raped , for a small town you would think it would be better than a city , but it makes me wondered coz the drug problem is just as bad where i love now in johnstown.pa

If i would anything changed there ! i would start with the PD also coz why has things happened to 3 children !
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

it is better than a city. you named three events that happened over a 30+ year span. i get that in less than24 hours - every day here in cleveland.
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

i agree 3 events in 30 years

that means 1 in every 10 years

as opposed to 1 in every night in altoona

i feel much safer in tyrone

at least i can still walk down the street

and know that i wont be mugged by a stranger walking past me

unlike altoona