Who are you voting for?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
smalltownboy

Who are you voting for?

Post by smalltownboy »

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really anxious for the primaries.

I think folks around here are smart enough to see what a great job Bob Jubelirer has done for our area.

Without him we wouldn't have Curve baseball or all the good jobs that he's brought to the area.

One good example is the Mall their building by Lowes. There's going to be lots of jobs up there once it's built.

He's got our best interest at heart and he deserves another term.

He's definitely got my vote.!

How bout the rest of you folks?
jokerman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by jokerman »

I've got one basic rule for my voting, starting with the Primaries...NO INCUMBENTS. I will not vote for anyone who is already in office. The time has come to clean house, starting locally and working on up. The career politicians have run their course as far as I'm concerned- it's way past time to boot them out and bring in new blood, new ideas, new technology, and just to try something different....honesty.
No more 2AM decisions to vote themselves a big, fat pay raise the size of which regular working people (who they are supposed to represent) couldn't even imagine, let alone receive. Then to return it once the uproar from the people begins and pretend all is forgiven, well...if you pull a robbery and the next day you turn yourself in, you're still going to trial.
How many of the politicians in the House, Senate, and, oh yeah, the White House have such close ties with Big Oil that they are either powerless, or most likely, unwilling to act to relieve the skyrocketing energy costs we all have to absorb while all the "good 'ole boys" just get richer and richer. When Exxon-Mobil reports a 7 billion dollar PROFIT in the last quarter while citizens are turning back their thermostats to a barely tolerable level, and Mom and Pop on a fixed income are having to choose between staying warm or buying medicine or food, something is terribly wrong. When the young families cannot earn enough money to buy a house and provide for their children because the jobs in the area are either scarce or barely above minimum wage, we need to bring in more technical jobs, not just retail.
There's no doubt this country is heading down the wrong path and the first step is for the people to speak up and be heard- loud and clear.
Blain

Re: Who are you voting for?

Post by Blain »

smalltownboy wrote:I don't know about anyone else but I'm really anxious for the primaries.

I think folks around here are smart enough to see what a great job Bob Jubelirer has done for our area.

Without him we wouldn't have Curve baseball or all the good jobs that he's brought to the area.

One good example is the Mall their building by Lowes. There's going to be lots of jobs up there once it's built.

He's got our best interest at heart and he deserves another term.

He's definitely got my vote.!

How bout the rest of you folks?
Jim Gregory, I presume? Hey, welcome to the forum.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

smalltownboy with a smalltownmind... :stick:

Let's see... Bob Jubelirer... DEFINITELY NOT!! And here are some reasons why (some of which were in Sunday's Altoona Mirror):

Approximately 30 years of Bob Jubelirer and what do we have...

- Economic stats that rank us at the bottom around 48th or 49th compared to the other 50 states...

- BUT, the 2nd highest paid legislature which give themselves perks, benefits, Cost Of Living Adjustments, unvouchered expenses, WAM money, Slush Funds, Per Deims, pensions, etc., etc. even though the state constitution clearly says that the compensation will be monetary salary and mileage ONLY.

- 3rd highest number of Universities in the USA...

- BUT, 34th in keeping graduates of these universities in the state.

- The WORST "Sunshine Laws" and access of public information in the USA...

- BUT, gifts and freebies of all kinds for legislators from Lobbyists and big market campaign contributors. Even the state auditor general is not permitted to audit the legislature, nor are these records accessible.

- 47th in Personal Income Growth...

- BUT, the legislature continues to cry that their income needs to, or deserves to grow.

- 30 years of an unchanged property tax system. And the proposal that was just recently "delayed" would've only helped mainly seniors in urban areas such as Philly, NOT Tyrone. And all the while, the current "working class" pays for it by having the Earned Income Tax increased. Jubelirer supports it!!

What else... hmmm....

- He's a "family guy"? With 3 ex-wives and 1 current wife, how could he not be?!?!?!

- He understands and listens to his constituents? The ARCHITECT of the PAYRAISE took 4 months before he acknowledged that he made a "mistake". Prior to that he said it would just "blow over".

- Jubelirer's annual salary of over $100,000 (not including all the "specials" he receives), while the average annual income of Blair county is approximately $25,000 (Average annual income in PA is $41,000). A $62,000 Lexus that he receives from the state for his use. And if I recall correctly, he owns 4 houses (3 in PA and 1 in Florida in the same community as Chief Justice Ralph Cappy) of which each house is worth much more than $200,000.

- Your comments such as the Curve Baseball? Ummm... I believe that idea was started by another gentleman (not Jubeliar) who took the proposal to the county commissioners, who got the ball rolling, allowed for a stadium on county land, and then got Jubelirer involved in order to help obtain state funding.

- Good Jobs? Let's see... Blair county ballpark. Local jobs that are seasonal, part-time. Convention Center, how many jobs are there? There is a big difference between full-time, part-time, full-time/temporary, and seasonal when speaking about job creation.

Jubelirer gets money for corporate "give-aways" so that places like the Paper Mill and JLG will "create" jobs for a couple years, then if it isn't working out, they fade away while screaming for more money from the state. Where was Bob when SKF was pulling out? How about the issues WHLee is facing? Where's his assistance and support here? Why isn't he giving money to small businesses? If 1 corporation is getting enough money to employ 150 people for a couple years, why are the small businesses that employ 10-15 people not getting any? 10 or 15 small businesses splitting up the money that one large corporation gets is just as a viable economic motor as one company.

Oh, and where was Bob in regards to the Altoona Center? Something that is not only displacing jobs, but displacing people's lives, as well.

- By the way... the LoganTowneCentre was Greg Morris's (and his group's) idea and development, NOT Jubelirer's. And it is because of Jubelirer's interference and attempts to harm and delay the project that is one of the reasons Greg Morris is running on the Democratic ticket to oppose Jubelirer. I would be willing to bet that Greg Morris has created just as many jobs by using his own capital, than Bob Jubelirer could honestly claim, let alone using state money.

- Now I've heard Bob's radio ads are claiming he's responsible for the I-99 project, however, I believe it is Bud Shuster's name on the sign and not Bob Jubelirer's? Am I correct in that?

I know I could keep going on and on about the 30 years of crap Bob Jubelirer has brought for PA and the 30th district. But the more I learn about Jubelirer's self-service off the Pennsylvanian taxpayer to accomodate his lifestyle and that of his friends and big shot supporters (such as the Degols, Shusters, Arlen Specter, Phizer, and a whole host from Pittsburgh) just plain sicken me. His lack of respect and concern for the people he supposedly represents except for at this election time, his lack of ethics and morals, and his arrogant demeanor hopefully will keep him from winning the primary.

I know who I'm voting for... I'm voting for Eichelberger. And though I don't always agree with him, I know that he is an accessible individual, and I am able to discuss matters of importance with him no matter what they might be. Bob Jubelirer doesn't even bother to respond to letters and email.

And as a registered Republican, who is disgusted with the Blair County GOP Committee, as well as the GOP State Committee, I can assure you that should Jubelirer win the primary, I will be voting for Greg Morris in the November elections. Anyone in office can do better than Bob Jubelirer, because he has done NOTHING.

VOTE EICHELBERGER!!

NO TO JUBELIRER!
smalltownboy

Post by smalltownboy »

I'm glad you brought up the Papermill - I forgot about that.

That's another good example of Bob creating good jobs for our people. If it wasn't for him we'd just have a big empty complex gathering dust. Those people all owe their jobs to Bob Jubelier.

As far as the Convention Center and the Ball Park I bet all the employees there would disagree with you about wether they had good jobs or not. They have an opportunity to get income that they wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for Bob. And besides, any job is better than No Job.

When the guy is working his tail off to bring more jobs to our area - He deserves every bit of his salary!

Oh - and by the way - I don't have a small mind - as a matter a fact, I'm very educated. You childish insults only shows that you yourself must be lacking in the cerebrail area.
smalltownboy

Post by smalltownboy »

One last thing - I heard that one of Jubelier's favorite things to eat when he's in the area is East End Hoagies and Middlesworth BBQ chips.

You can't help but like a politician who's favorite food is East End Hoagies!

I bet he follows it up with a Peanut Butter Meltway for desert.

LOL!!! :D :D :D
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

I guess he gets there before they run out of rolls.
snyd2001

Post by snyd2001 »

lol hykes thats the truth
Blain

Post by Blain »

smalltownboy wrote:One last thing - I heard that one of Jubelier's favorite things to eat when he's in the area is East End Hoagies and Middlesworth BBQ chips.

You can't help but like a politician who's favorite food is East End Hoagies!

I bet he follows it up with a Peanut Butter Meltway for desert.

LOL!!! :D :D :D
Maybe he can buy us all hoagies with that pay raise money.
smalltownboy

Post by smalltownboy »

"A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage"
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Yeah... let's look at the mill. Using tax payer money to fund the jobs to start off with. I can handle that. But, now needing more state money, or more "assistance" from the borough, because of their capacity excess, just as one example. How much more state funding will the mill need in order to continue to operate in the oncoming years? More freebies? Shouldn't the mill be well on its way to economical self-sustainability by now?

Now... at risk of starting a flame war, I'd like to see you address all the issues that I brought forth in my previous post, if you are able to defend them. Of course, much like Mr. Jubelirer, it is difficult to try to defend the indefensible.

If a corporate CEO or a manager of any business had stats like those of the Commonwealth of PA... A) He wouldn't have a salary like the one Jubelirer currently has because he'd have been terminated. And/or B) The business would've gone out of business.

By the way, your spelling of "cerebrail" is incorrect. It is spelled "C-E-R-E-B-R-A-L".

:thumb:

Keep drinkin' that Kool-Aid.
smalltownboy

Post by smalltownboy »

Thanks for the spelling tip Professor.

You sound like one of those know it alls who wants zoning in Snyder Township.

I bet your one of those guys who thinks he know whats best for everyone else.

You want to site me some examples of how hanging a clothesline in my yard will drive down property values?

Everyone knows that statistics can be manipulated to prove anything you want them to.

Keep your fancy statistics and your spelling lessons up in your Ivory Tower.

Those of us living in the trenches can see that things are better with Bob Jubelier at the helm.

Go Curve!

:lol: :lol: :D
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Wow... you've got Jubelirer's temper, too. Can't handle criticism or detailed and specific questioning.

Tsk, tsk. Oh, and I don't reside in Snyder Township. However, my personal belief is that a limited zoning ordinance would not be a bad thing. I could CITE some examples that are ongoing issues in the southcentral part of the state such as in Franklin, Adams, and York counties where a lack of zoning is actually hurting property owners adjacent to incoming corporate farms and developers, but that's for another time.

Anyway... let's get back to the current topic.

WWCP 8 and WATM 12 air a segment called "20 Questions" every night during their newscast at 10 and 11 PM. I just saw another segment where the question posed to Eich and Jubelirer was in regards to the current fuel prices and the state gas tax.

Did you know that PA has the 2nd highest gas tax (which mainly is taken for roads) in the nation, yet is consistantly ranked as having the poorest roads in the nation?

Eich is in favor of restructuring the gas tax system, as well as how the money accrued from it is spent. Having spoken to him personally about this issue previously, he says that repealing the tax would be a positive step to help alleviate some of current burden on both the public and businesses.

Jubelirer, however, believes there is nothing wrong with the tax, our roads are fine, and would object to any type of restructuring or repeal of this tax, saying it will delay and cancel road projects. He said that the Attorney General is currently watching for price gouging or manipulation.

His supporter, Bill Shuster, was interviewed on a segment just prior to the 20 questions spot and said that nothing can be done federally about the gas prices other than watching out for gouging.

So, Eich wants to help the public. Jubelirer and Shuster say nothing should be done, or can be done.

One wants to change things for positive growth. The other is satisfied with the status quo in PA except for his and his fourth wife's salaries and benefits.

Time for a change.

PS... in regards to the clothesline. If you took a clothesline, tied it into a noose and hung yourself, that might be a factor in driving down property values around your property. Just to make it clear, I'm not suggesting you do that, just CITING something in regards to the rope and property values scenario you mentioned.

Have a nice evening. :D
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

A quick break for station identification

Post by Rick »

Well I'm glad to see that we have kept it a "clean" fight so far, so I thought it would thoughtful of me to thank you for keeping it relatively civil and lighthearted.

On another note...
Open Door Visions is not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed on this Bulletin Board. The comments are from private individuals and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the company
Wheee.. with that being said...

<keep it clean please>
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Leep

Post by Leep »

150-- If I ever sight you I intend to cite you for incitement..and not just a little excitement...
I'm just glad you are not exciteable..
And by the way, I tend to agree with most of your evaluation of the powers that be..
Leep Out: