Who are you voting for?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
sissy31696
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by sissy31696 »

Has anyone taken the tour of the new voting machines???

http://www.votespa.com
smalltownboy

Post by smalltownboy »

I was privileged enough to get a sneak peak at these technological wonders.
I think this model is called the Harlow.

150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

If I was to have Jubelirer say anything on my behalf, much like his political ads, you'd never hear him say a word other than "paid for by the friends of Bob Jubelirer."

Just to recap:

I never said anything about hoagies. Frankly, I do not like East End hoagies. Tried them three times in my 36 years, that was good enough for me. Definitely not a fan. Locally, it'd have to be Houser's. Honestly, I'd rather eat at Marzoni's or get Little Caesar's and a case of beer than eat a hoagie.

Not a Middleswarth fan either. When it comes to pretzels, I like Gibble's. As for chips, Snyder's of Berlin B-B-Q. Still Pennsylvania products, though.

I will agree that Jubelirer has done some things that were/are good for Pennsylvania and this district.

That being said however, the longer he has stayed in office, it has become apparent by his actions that he is in it more to pad his wallet (and his 4th wife's), help his personal friends and contributors succeed, and groom his position's power, moreso than doing things for the overall constituency of this region until election time. Big successes and gains for those close to him. Limited successes for the masses. Personally, my feeling is that he will do even more good for us all when he vacates the senate office, or the grim reaper comes to harvest him. Whichever comes first.

As far as the arguments go, you look at one very specific piece of the "picture", while I tend to cover both specific and overall parts of it.

That being said, we may agree in issues of a national origin. And I suppose you can look at that as a positive.

:devil:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

No Middleswarth or East End Hoagies? I guess the speaks volumes for your opinions.

Keep pumping the political party line....and pass the kool-aid.
Leep

Post by Leep »

I too am troubled by your dismissal of the food..
Any time I get back home I have several orders from relatives here in Montana to bring back east End Hoagies, Middlesworth Chips, and I have to freeze Lebanon Bologna for the trip back to the Big Sky Country. of course I keep an embarassing amount for myself..

Jubelier helped me once when I was attending Penn State..And the help was welcome indeed.
But, that said.150 makes some good points..
We must always be careful to not give "people: passes and accept everything as gospel simply because they have "Always" been there.. or we have com eto view them as resolute, irreplaceable parts of our society..
We must hold everyone accountable for their actions and past good deeds hold little water if and when compared to later indiscretions..
Myself, It matters little who stays of who goes, because in the end virtually everyone becomes a simple cog in the huge wheel that grinds oh so slowly, but inevitably to the same end... Self..
Sad but true in almost every case- everywhere,,,,
We are but men, poor humans that are susceptible to the same desires and temptations regardless of our stations in life.
So, while 150 has more than a few accurate, good points, so what..
The devil that we know instead of the one we do not...
Leep out:
AllDaHoochie

Post by AllDaHoochie »

You all have made some great points. And we've covered a lot of ground.
Granted, Buck150, Duran Duran did have some great songs, but did they have a lasting effect on the quality of music as a U2, or a VanHalen? Can I make this assertion?
And smalltownguy, you, too, are correct when you state that celebrity parents and crack addicts must use the same "Name Your Baby" books. But who are we to stand judgment?
Blayne: You boldly declared your fear of people that use the word "integer" and you should be applauded for your bravery and choice of vehicles.
You guys made me think and I hope we can disagree to agree.
Last edited by AllDaHoochie on Fri May 12, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smalltownboy

Post by smalltownboy »

This of course begs the question.

Are we really what we eat?

Does food make the man?

L.Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology) believed it did. He stated that the periodic ingestion of large portions of lunch meat, onions and cheese helped strengthen a person's sense of beingness, giving him the edge to succeed even in the face of extreme stress and adversity.

Mendactically speaking this makes perfect sense.

It's certainly worked for Tom Cruise. This star of stage and screen regularly ingests up to 15 hoagies a day. As we all know, Tom's success and fame are exceeded only by his proclivity for public flatulation!

Given the above, do any of you folks think that this years candidates can increase their chances of winning at the polls by increasing their intake of East End Hoagies?

I certainly do.
I plan on sending Robert Jubelier 1 dozen East End hoagies each and every day till the primary election next Tuesday.

I suggest you all do the same.
Bob2theJ

Post by Bob2theJ »

And... by God... I shall eat them!
Bully!
Bubbanardo_Da_Vinci

Primaries Canceled

Post by Bubbanardo_Da_Vinci »

Republican Candidates Cancel Primary Elections.

Opt instead for Hoagie Eating Contest.

Winner will face Democratic Challenger in the Fall.

BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

smalltownboy wrote:...It's certainly worked for Tom Cruise. This star of stage and screen regularly ingests up to 15 hoagies a day...
And it shows:

http://www.funnycelebpics.com/items/66.jpg
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Wow, sure got quiet in here.............

...... and the new machines were pretty cool...
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

yeah, can hardly wait to see what the next rant is all about :stick:
Blain

Post by Blain »

For state senator, I wrote in Slippery Pete.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Well, I done my duty and voted my conscience however scary that may be to some people.. but by the by.. for all you relocated tyronians... East End Pizza shop will be celebrating 50 years in business by having a block party the end of may (may 25,26,27 I think) with prizes and FREEfood... what could be better than an east end hoagie except a FREE east end hoagie :bluebounce: .. might be a good time to visit the relatives and friends back home... :thumb:
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

Sorry. I have to say I never liked their food. Their hoagies were just rolls filled with onions and lettuce. The pizza was just a frozen shell with sauce and cheese, and the employees- very unfriendly.