Tyrone Hospital---Save me from that place:

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Leep
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Tyrone Hospital---Save me from that place:

Post by Leep »

In 1981 my Mother laid in a hospital room there for 30 hrs before they sent her to Altoona. The doctors there told us If they could have gotten our mother 24 hrs sooner they could have saved her.
In 1989 my dad was there for a simple hernia operation. Two days later i called my dad from Montana and his room-mate had to hold the phone to his ear as he was too sick and weak to do it for himself...
Some Dr whose name starts with a S, oh my wife says Santina?
He had to open up my Dad three days later and found 6 inches of rotted bowel that he "Missed'
He told my Dad , "I'm so sorry Mr Leeper, I don't know how I missed that"
So my Dad almost died there too, from Dr stupidity..
Was there ever any talk of sueing, not from our family- though if someone had done this the many times I believe it was warranted, perhaps some more lives could have been saved there.
Don't anyone tell me how great a hospital it is. We all know better in our family...
Oh, my Mom was in a car accident and laid there on a stretcher with a broken pelvis in about 1975 or so, and they were trying to move her off the stretcher onto another wheeled device to take her to a room, or maybe XRay, I forget. After two tries to lift her and her screaming in pain, I finally said, "If you morons would unstrap her you might be able to move her, this way she isn't going any d*mn place"
I was getting seriously p*ss then and the memory still upsets me....
Pretty hard to miss two large restraining straps...

Leep Out:
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

I am SO SORRY-- this is really is not good--- and I totally can see your point----- SO sorry about your parents and their terrible care-
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Well I have to think some hospital is better than no hospital but with experiences like those described above I can see the point of contention on that thought.
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

well I have a lot of thoughts but should keep my mouth shut- all I have to say is what happened to your family should have not happened....people just don't seem to care anymore. Where is the quality of care?!!!!!!!!!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I totally have empathy for yo and your family Leep, but keep in mind, the problem was the physician at the Hospital, not the facility itself. Our goal should be to bring better physicians to the hospital, not close the facility.

Small rural, communicty hospitals have a difficult time keeping their heads aboce water. I have no solution, but thought it was worth mentioning. I woudl probably want to use Tyrone Hospital in a rare emergency, but if I had options, I certainly would not want to be there.... or Altonna, or St. College... I would want more along the lines of Hershey Medcial Center.
monecheri

Post by monecheri »

i cant say all dr . were great there but i myself think dr.lewis was awsome
she was my sons dr most of his younger yrs
my son who was 5 at the time had been sick and i took him to altoona because it was closest from where i worked
they gave him medicine he had a reaction to 20 min after taking it
by the time i got to tyrone . his tounge swelled he started to convulse and his eyes rolled back in his head and he was gray
i ran him through tyrones emergancy they called dr.lewis as soon as i said shes his doctor.
who was leaving work .she came running in from the parking lot gave my son something to counteract the meds they gave him and spent hours just waiting to see what was going to happen . i truly beleive she saved my sons life .
she was an awsome doctor and a great asset to the hospital . i dont know what tyrones hospital is like now that she retired but after that tyrone was the only hospital i used .
djbigdawg1

Post by djbigdawg1 »

Any hospital is better than NO hospital. Everyone that has lived in Tyrone has one horror story or another to tell about a bad experience at the Tyrone Hospital. No pllace is perfect and sometimes that bad care strikes a family more than once like it did with Leep's family. Banksy was right in saying that its the physicians fault not the facilities. The couple that sued and won against the hospital was wrong in taking the facility down with the physician that gave the poor care. Faculty that work the operating room are guided by that doctor and follow his every command during procedures. They were only following orders. The doctor that helped that couple with their birth of their child should have been at fault NOT the hospital. Im sorry about the care of your (Leep) parents for i am not heartless and non-caring but anger should be directed to the non-caring doctors that mess up. (my opinion)

Without the Tyrone hospital, many will now have to ride to Altoona for treatment. Phillipsburg has already closed its doors and that takes anotheer hospital from the close area of Tyrone. Its a shame that this kind of things happen because of the tighter insurance regs and the now sue them pants off mentality of todays world. Cant we all just get along and work through our problems??? :stick:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I think we need a good old fashion Amish Jihad to bring us all together. Just think of it... the Amish attach Tyrone with hundreds of butter churns and lathers down the Grey Field bleachers with butter.... Tyrone comes together and pushed the Amish back to Belleville and cleans the bleachers.... just in time to kick Bellwood's ASSSSSSS again.
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Banksy....that is what I call digressing from the topic...lol
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Speaking of digressing.... have you ever seen the br**sts at Hooters? I like them skinless and boneless myself.... and strapless.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

You are talking about the chick(en)s, right?

:twisted:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Not sure.... they are all so fine and delicate.
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Well I hope that Bellwood plays like a bunch of chickens...see I can digress too.
Leep

Post by Leep »

Well thats another fine mess you've gotten us into Banksy.. :D
If i knew the secret woid you'd be in trouble, well. at least i'd win a cigar... :P or was that a duck?

Leep out:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:Speaking of digressing.... have you ever seen the br**sts at Hooters? I like them skinless and boneless myself.... and strapless.
banksy wrote:Not sure.... they are all so fine and delicate.
Hooters founder/CEO Bob Brooks, who recently passed away, was a neighbor of mine.

I didn't know it until rather recently, but he had told me that a Bellwood native is a "Hooters Girl" who hopes that they soon open a restaurant "back home".

Here is a promotion/publicity photo:

I believe "she" is also a former Bellwood cheerleader...