Name one thing you would do to help Tyrone

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Harlow
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Harlow »

Isn't it nice to have the vice president of the Borough Council reading our rantings.

Bill and I have been friends for a long time. We disagree on a few things, but in the end, we agree to disagree, shake hands and go on our merry way.

If I had any say about what goes on in Tyrone, the first thing I would do is make sure that Tyrone does what it can to keep police chief Joe Beachem around as long as we can.

The chief and his force are doing what they can within the limitations of the law and staffing to help get the drugs out of Tyrone. Great job Joe.

If I had a second thing I would love to see the name of 1st Street in Tyrone changed to Cary Simpson Lane. Other than the borough and the paper mill, name a business that has been in Tyrone and served the community like WTRN. A lot of local radio owners have given up and sold out to the big companies but Cary has stayed and devoted his life to serving Tyrone.

Who is next with a good idea, or who will take a dump on mine?
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Re: Name one thing you would do to help Tyrone

Post by Bill Latchford »

Harlow wrote:Isn't it nice to have the vice president of the Borough Council reading our rantings.

Bill and I have been friends for a long time. We disagree on a few things, but in the end, we agree to disagree, shake hands and go on our merry way.

If I had any say about what goes on in Tyrone, the first thing I would do is make sure that Tyrone does what it can to keep police chief Joe Beachem around as long as we can.

The chief and his force are doing what they can within the limitations of the law and staffing to help get the drugs out of Tyrone. Great job Joe.

If I had a second thing I would love to see the name of 1st Street in Tyrone changed to Cary Simpson Lane. Other than the borough and the paper mill, name a business that has been in Tyrone and served the community like WTRN. A lot of local radio owners have given up and sold out to the big companies but Cary has stayed and devoted his life to serving Tyrone.

Who is next with a good idea, or who will take a dump on mine?
John, This is certainly one of those times I could not agree with you more. Joe is a serious credit to this community. I am very proud of Tyrone's Police department and the Chief. They as a team have certainly done this town proud and I don't doubt for a moment that that will ever change.
On the Cary Simpson side of things. I just can't even say more about him without getting a lump in my throat. He along with Betty have done so much for this community that I would change street names in a heart beat. WTRN and the Simpsons have been a great asset to this community and I will never forget that, Nor should anyone else.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

+ 1 on Cary :thumb:

And I'll simply say (to avoid dead horse beating) I have 5 and 4 year old boys, who will in the near future need more to do in the area. Let's fix the hole the YMCA left, and get the whole playground/park/pool/cornerpark/ballfields/skaterink thing fixed. Enough is enough.

:roll:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
djbigdawg1

Post by djbigdawg1 »

:thumb: WOW john....another good idea....thats 3 in one month! you should stop now while you are ahead. BUT i do agree with you about the name change of 1st street.

also bill and i go way back also. ive known bill for many years and tend to NOT agree with some things that bill believes in. keeping beachum around would definitely be a positive around here. i couldn't agree more john.....i know thats 4!! :wink: :eek:
Dieruff

Post by Dieruff »

A great idea to name a street in Tyrone after Cary Simpson. No doubt he (and his late wife Betty) has done so much for Tyrone. Most everyone listens to the radio in the morning to the weather, some news and hear what's going on around the world. WTRN is the place and Cary has ensured that for a long time. Excellent idea. Cary Simpson Lane/Road/Avenue. Excellent.[/color]
NS[color=#0040FF][/color]
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I confirm a good idea of a street named after Cary, but what about a shout out for Harlow.... the guy is at least worth a Hollow! Harlow Hollow (pronounced Harlow Holler) comes complete with a dirt road, no cable service, and holding tanks instead of City sewer. *lol* Ok, enough is enough

Note: This post is intended for its humor content and is not intended for City Council endorsement or approval. Please take at face value.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

banksy wrote:I confirm a good idea of a street named after Cary, but what about a shout out for Harlow.... the guy is at least worth a Hollow! Harlow Hollow (pronounced Harlow Holler) comes complete with a dirt road, no cable service, and holding tanks instead of City sewer. *lol* Ok, enough is enough

Note: This post is intended for its humor content and is not intended for City Council endorsement or approval. Please take at face value.
Hey Bansky... you forgot to throw in the recliner. :lol: .. Please read "Note" above.. ditto.