If you had one wish for Christmas what would it be?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
tammy
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

If you had one wish for Christmas what would it be?

Post by tammy »

If you had one wish ..what would it be ?
My only true wish would be for my family to be together again.
I truly miss my oldest son :(
I know he is doing well but it's not the same without him.
He has recently joined the National Guards. Leaves in Feb. for training.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :)
GOD BLESS[/b]
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

IF I had one wish I wish I had 100 trillion dollars.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

I'd wish to be the sole owner of the Island of Bermuda. And have a totally automated coastal and aerial defense system to keep everyone away from the island that I didn't want there.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

150thBucktailCo.I wrote:I'd wish to be the sole owner of the Island of Bermuda. And have a totally automated coastal and aerial defense system to keep everyone away from the island that I didn't want there.
Hey, I believe this is you NOW:

http://archive.farcus.com/store_files/s ... 052795.jpg
ragged_scooper

Post by ragged_scooper »

I seem to remember a fairly tale or a story of some type where the guy was typically told that he had 3 wishes, blah, blah, blah... The one wish that intrigued me the most was the one where he said he wanted a purse, like a coin purse at the time, that as it got empty it would magically refill itself and so therefore he would never be broke or out of cash. Sounds simple enough and you woldn't have to be a "millionaire" at all. You'd just never run out of money. TADA!!! that''s all

Merry Christmas from Maryland! :thumb:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

ragged_scooper wrote:I seem to remember a fairly tale or a story of some type where the guy was typically told that he had 3 wishes, blah, blah, blah... The one wish that intrigued me the most was the one where he said he wanted a purse, like a coin purse at the time, that as it got empty it would magically refill itself and so therefore he would never be broke or out of cash. Sounds simple enough and you woldn't have to be a "millionaire" at all. You'd just never run out of money. TADA!!! that''s all

Merry Christmas from Maryland! :thumb:
I'd arather have the billion in the bank than to open a coin purse 100 times to accumulate $10, but that's just me.
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

I once had an older gentleman tell me he was a millionaire. I looked at him rather strangely I guess and he told me that he was convinced he had a million friends who would give him a dollar if he asked them for a dollar. I have never forgotten that...I hope I have a million friends!
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

If I could have one thing, I'd like for the United States to return the southwest territory it stole from Mexico during the Mexican American war.

The return of California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona would make for a very merry christmas.

...you can keep your hoagies. They stink of onion.

Viva Mexico!
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Okay Zapista...didn't they start the fight with us? That's what they get for starting a fight....Viva Los Ustedes Unitas or however it is said!
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

zapatista,

If you would choose to recollect historical matters in the correct way, you will be able to recall that Santa Anna signed over much of the territories that make up the southwestern part of the United States, including Texas following his defeat by Sam Houston.

This area was never "stolen" as you would like to claim or believe.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

We stole the entire continent from the Native Americans... so why don't we all leave.
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

jayestewart wrote:Okay Zapista...didn't they start the fight with us?
...that's right, the United States doesn't meddle in the political and territorial affairs of other countries unless it's provoked. :rofl:
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Yeah just asked Sadam Hussein...lol

I kind of wish we would not have fought back on that one because I think Iran is next.
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

well, if we gave it back, wouldn't that dampen all of that immigrant debate going on a bit?
Leep

Post by Leep »

Anyone who really had the courage of their convictions would act on them.
I keep hearing we stole America from the Native Americans. Well, anyone who really feels that way and sincerely wants to make good on them should immediately do a search for any remaining Creeks, Delawares, Hurons, Senecas, Iroquois, Oneida,Mohawk,Susquehanna, Shawnee,and a whole lot more, and then sell their properties and homes and either give the money to their descendants or simply deed over their land.
Now, if someone does that I am prepared to take their protestations more seriously....Don't hold your breath, we will all turn a pleasant shade of Blue..

"By a treaty of March 24, 1832, the Creek Indians ceded to the United States all of their land east of the Mississippi River. Heads of families were entitled to tracts of land, which, if possible, were to include their improvements. In 1833 Benjamin S. Parsons and Thomas J. Abbott prepared a census of Creek Indian heads of families, which gave their names and the number of males, females, and slaves in each family. The entries were arranged by town and numbered; these numbers were used for identification in later records. This census is only a partial depiction of the 1832 Creek Census." Information is categorized by pages for 16 towns. - Text only - From AccessGenealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/1832creek/

Many tribes did what the Creeks did and many other tribes were wiped out by other Indians, who weeps for them.
And, we, as a fledgling nation, were responsible, at least physically, for the demise and the movement of a lot of other tribes.
Again, I reiterate, Indians killed many, many more Indians than the "White Eyes" ever did..
Indians in the East at least could lay claim to particular tracts of land, those in the west could not make that claim. Although you could say you would find the Blackfeet in the higher elevations, they stayed higher and longer than any other tribe..
The Comanche were of course plains Indians, and the Apache stayed in and around the southwest deserts...
They did overlap occasionally and the stronger would "Always" kill the weaker...Always.
If you were not of the tribe, you were an enemy, period.
This held true whether you were one of the plains, or desert, or mountain Indian tribes.... The Pueblo Indians dwelled in these areas of the southwest in dwellings up to 1000 feet high..
They simply disappeared.. To this day no one is certain what caused their disappearance, although common thought is they were destroyed, pushed off by other Indians.
The Pueblo Indians, old as they were, made reference to those that came before, the "Old Ones"...
Change is always in force....
Now, I say this to bring into focus those that persist in bemoaning the fate of the poor Indian.. Yes, they were treated shabbily, in some cases, but that is life.. There are a lot of people who can make the same claim..
The Jews could make a lot of noise if they chose over terrible treatment.. But, they are a stolid, secure people and accept that which they cannot change..
A million times more Jews were cooked in the Nazi "Easy Bake Ovens" than all the Indians ever killed, either by us or other Indians..
Who weeps for them, who stands for them?
AS usual, they stand almost all alone, save for the United States, and there are many here who would leave them to their fate..
Just an example..
I usually stay in the background unless and until I begin to see patterns develop..those of which I simply cannot subscribe to.
Now, emotion is a fine thing, but it must be expressed along with facts and information that is valid. Then and only then can emotion enter into the fray..
If you rely simply on emotional outbursts without benefit of factual evidence to back up that emotion, people will soon recognize it for what it is and simply ignore or tune out anything presented in that manner..
I am certain I will , at some time, also respond to some comment with emotion, perhaps strongly, but if i do it will be accompanied with all the factual evidence at my command.

As always, good stuff.
Take care and have a great new years -coming soon to a life near you..

:P

Leep out: