Another Building Collapse in Tyrone...

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Another Building Collapse in Tyrone...

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Tyrone police and firefighters investigate the scene where part of the Park Avenue Apartments facade gave way about 2 p.m. Wednesday, showering bricks onto the north side parking lot. Captain Mike Beckwith of the Blazing Arrow Hook and Ladder Company said initial reports of an explosion at the 10-unit, two story building were false. A vehicle owned by Fred DelGrosso III was destroyed, and Tyrone Code Enforcement Officer Tom Lang declared the building uninhabitable until an inspection can confirm the damage was superficial and not structural. The American Red Cross found temporary lodging for the tenants, Tyrone Borough police said.

http://www.altoonamirror.com

How many buildings in Tyrone are having a structural issue at the moment?

I think the building across from the Christ Methodist Church had one, the one across from the Library definitely has one, the former YMCA building has been condemned with the sidewalk being blocked off for years, now this one. And doesn't that old building across from the Armory have an issue, too? And what about the one near the Historical Society RR Building and across from the former A and P that has the local demolition company's signs all over it?

Hmmm... :roll:
ragged_scooper

Post by ragged_scooper »

Just curious...

Is this the old Washington Elem. School?
I used to watch golf on TV, but my doctor said I needed more exercise, so now I watch tennis!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

It's across from Kaspick's house.... but I believe you are correct sir.
ragged_scooper

Post by ragged_scooper »

Thanks, just wondering. That would be Park Ave. and 8th St.

Since I went there for K-6 in the 50's and it was already a very old building, I was even surprised that they bothered to convert it to apartments for folks to live in. So many things have changed in town since I was a kid, maybe it's time to tear down that old building and let someone put up some nice homes there.

I can still remember how old and rough the paved playground was around it when I went there. They would never allow that, now. Someone might get a scraped knee...
I used to watch golf on TV, but my doctor said I needed more exercise, so now I watch tennis!