Paper Mill re-opening

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.

paper mill

Post by guest »

Have you forgotten about the accident that happened 10 years or so ago when a large cloud passed over the town after an accident??? We were told to stay inside for several hours. I know a father whose daughter was outside playing and who developed cancer after this. She did not live very long and he believes that cloud killed her. I have watched news shows on chemical plants and NONE of them are safe. As for the paint being removed from cars...I've lived near the paper mill all my life and neither my car nor my parents(who lived 3 blocks from the mill) had any problem. The point is the jobs were needed from the reopning of the paper mill and no factory is 100% safe.

Post by Guest »

No factory is safe is exactly right. The Chemical plant also brought much needed jobs to a lot of people in this area. As for the cloud, would you rather be safe or sorry? I feel bad for anyone that loses a child but I can tell you that I live close to the Chemical plant and we have suffered no ill effects.
The whole thing about this post is that any place that brings jobs to Tyrone should be commended. I am glad the mill is opened, but I don't feel as if it is what it use to be nor ever will be.
thenoseknows

doorman hoggin the boards

Post by thenoseknows »

Well I wanted to post to bring this topic back up. Hey doorman, Why not add some more thoughts here. If you have connections, why not use them to get factual answers for the questions on this board. You seem to have plenty of time on your hands. Do some research for the good of this town. Get charges filed for the other posts you have been making, and find out how many people the paper mill hired? What are the cancer rates of Tyrone compared to other towns its size in the us? Why would our water bill go up if we just signed a new contract with the paper mill for sewer? Why is there a chunk of lights out on that tree near the post office? And speaking of that I love the decorations downtown! I would love to see more street lights in this town. I hate darkness in a livley town it breeds trouble! I would pay a percentage of the cost to have those lights on my street. They add character and a feeling of safety. Well thats all for now. This is your homework Doorman....and the rest of the fallen blue light special fire hall club

-stink
thenoseknows

Happy Holidays

Post by thenoseknows »

I just wanted to say happy holidays to all of the Tyrone Families that will be able to eat ham this holiday because of the paper mill. And just how many families is that again???? How many people work there? 10? 100? 170? They are blowing off more steam than me, and I just hope its just steam and not pollution. But unless we get some reports we'll never know. I just hope for the families who live in the shadow of the mill that it is not toxic or cancer causing.

Oh and for all who think I complain too much. Let me ask you something.

Do you work in town? Do you shop in town? Does any of your money you earn help town? If not...how dare you think I complain too much. I shop at the only grocery store in town, even tho their prices are HIGH. I shop at the little shops downtown, even tho they are expensive. I contract with local services in town. (most are priced right) Oh and I clap every time I see a local business open its doors here in our lovley little town.

-stink

Post by Guest »

I know may people (from Tyrone) that have gotten jobs at the mill and it saved many people from the hard times they had.

Post by Guest »

many people>>>>>>sorry for the sloppy post!