Skateboard and Bike park

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Butterball
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Skateboard and Bike park

Post by Butterball »

I was wondering what the adults in town were thinking about the proposed skateboard and bike park?
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who gives me strenth
Butterball

possible locations

Post by Butterball »

I am not sure if a site has been decided up yet, but I have heard Shie Field and the hockey rink by the pool discussed. The kids by shie field would not want to lose the entire field, they play football and teener league there.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Shea Field is where they practice for Youth Football, but there is no baseball there anymore.

Teener League is at Ferner Field at the end of Park Ave. and 3rd Street.
Butterball

Post by Butterball »

There will be a meeting on Thursday April 26th at 6pm at the Joshua House in regards to the Skateboard/Bike Park. I hope people in the community support our youth in this. GO TO THE MEETING!!!
Butterball

Post by Butterball »

I would like to thank all (two non skating, 4 total) adults who attended the meeting in regard to the skate park. There was a total of twenty people at the meeting including myself and a teacher with nine students from the alternative education program. One local business has offered a $5000 donation with the possability of $5000 every year. Mayor Kilmartin challenged those who attended to assist in some fund raising to help with the cost. A park can be built (after a place is purchased) from $15,000- $50,000+. Several sites were discussed. Nothing in stone in that area. I asked if a list of police reports about businesses who complain about bikes and skateboards be obtained to ask those businesses to finacially support this project. Several youth and young adults offered to be on the team to help with fundraising.
Butterball

Re: Skateboard and Bike park

Post by Butterball »

There has been another meeting in regard to the proposed bike/skateboard park. We are moving forward with the fundraising efforts. We now need to find a place that is willing to let us put the park. There are grants available also but a site must be obtained before a grant request can be made. If anyone would have a suggestion we would be willing to check it out.

We are planning another meeting October 24, at 6:30 at the Joshua House. As of right now we will be having a spaghetti dinner on November 3, we do not know at what location at this point.
Kimberlyk4

Post by Kimberlyk4 »

To All Citizens and Businesses Of Tyrone:

On Oct. 6, 2007 there was an announcement in The Tyrone Herald asking parents and citizens of our community to come to a meeting on Oct. 10, 2007. The meeting was to discuss the development of a new Skate Park for our cities children. Yes, you’ve seen them, the kids on their skateboards, bikes, and scooters. The same ones that you say to yourself “ Why are they here, they should go somewhere else to do that”. But where do they go?… Here in Tyrone there’s no where to go. Skateboarding has become more and more popular over the years. We have Tony Hawk to thank for that. But is it so bad that they want to skateboard and bike. Years ago there were places to ride without bothering anybody, now with so much development where do they go. Unfortunately, they go to our streets, our sidewalks, in front of our businesses.

I know many of you frown on these kids thinking their up to no good. But they are good. If you can look past the skateboards, the bikes, the scooters, even the hairstyles and apparel on some. You’d be thankful that they’re not out robbing people, fighting, vandalizing our properties. These kids are bored and as a parent, as a citizen of our wonderful city I want to give something them, our future of Tyrone.

Realize the benefits of this Skate park. Not only will it have a place for skateboarding, but also, freestyle biking, roller bladeing, and scooters. In time, we can have competitions to draw people to our wonderful city, which would boast our economics. Maybe even have our own Tony Hawk come out of Tyrone.

This Park will impact all of us in such a positive way that I’m excited to call out to all of our citizens and to all of our businesses of Tyrone for financial help in making this happen for our kids. It doesn’t take much to help, and if we all help, even a little, we can make this happen for the betterment of Tyrone.
If you would like to make a financial contribution or even volunteer your time please contact us as soon as possible, because without your help it’s not a possibility.
TyroneSkatePark@aol.com
SANTEEO

Re:

Post by SANTEEO »

Butterball wrote: One local business has offered a $5000 donation with the possability of $5000 every year.
And who would that be might I ask ???????????
submarinerswife

Post by submarinerswife »

I think it would be a great idea. Our small town has one and the kids are there all the time and with no trouble. It's somewhere for them to go and use up energy. The kids need things to do and places to go that doesn't cost much money and something they enjoy doing.

I hope it works out for the sake of the kids.
beachgirl

Post by beachgirl »

I live in Largo, Florida and there is a skatepark here that my son goes to, Its an old warehouse about the size of Big Yank.(hint hint) He pays $10.00 and can skate all day on Saturday's. They have half pipes, quarter pipes, 50/50's.Believe it or not but I actually saw a Dad and his son there skating together. The boy was much better than the Dad. They have a snack bar there with sodas and chips, they also have a small shop where you can buy new boards, trucks and wheels and even the popular skate board shoes and clothes. I'd rather pay the money and know that my boy is in a safe place skating rather than just running up and down the streets and take a chance on someone hitting him with a car. Thats one thing that I DONT miss about Tyrone. We have plenty of fun things to do here that we are never bored.
speakerofthehouse

Re: Re:

Post by speakerofthehouse »

SANTEEO wrote:
Butterball wrote: One local business has offered a $5000 donation with the possability of $5000 every year.
nonya.....none of your business....lol
My2Cents
MVP Member

Re: Re:

Post by My2Cents »

speakerofthehouse wrote:
SANTEEO wrote:
nonya.....none of your business....lol
:huh: :roll:
Butterball

Post by Butterball »

We are having another informal informational meeting on Wednesday October 24th, at 6:30pm at the Joshua House. We will be discussing fundraising options and possible locations for the skateboard/bike park.
Butterball

Skateboard and Bike park meeting

Post by Butterball »

The next skate/bike park meeting will be held at the Joshua House on Wednesday January 30th 2008 at 6:30pm. We have had "some" donations come in and we had a turkey and ham raffle before thanksgiving. I hope that we have more adults and youth in town show up to these meetings. We still need to find a property for the park.
Butterball

Post by Butterball »

I see not many people have anything to say about the proposed skate and bike park in Tyrone. There are so many businesses in town that complain or call the police about the youth in this town skating or biking on their property. We sent out about 150 letters asking for businesses in this town to donate money so we can put a park in and keep the kids off there property. Do you know what we received one $5, one $20 and one $25. I am sorry the Dentist sent $200. Thank you all who did send money. Right now there is about $450 to help fund the building of a skate/bike park. We need to find a place to build it and there is a business that will give $5000.

So if you have any recommendations on where we could build please let me know.

Steven Small Jr.