TAHS Band Program

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
akindergartenmom
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by akindergartenmom »

I already emailed you regarding the alumni band, but haven't heard anything. I am definitely interested, but if we are going to do this, we need sheet music to practice with b/c September 23 is not that far away.

Please post and let those of us interested in this what is going on.

Thanks
My2Cents
MVP Member

Re: TAHS Band Program

Post by My2Cents »

Have you seen it.... huh.... huh... have you seen it ?? Things are looking up folks :thumb: It's on the home page of this site and there has been a few articles in the paper.... Today, @ 6:30 PM, the new band director of the Tyrone Area High School Marching Band (Mark Murphy) will host the "Tournament of Bands" competition at the football field !! Tyrone, Bellwood, Conemaugh,DuBois, Somerset, St Marys, and Windber, will be competing. I hope they have a good turnout from our town... oh, I hope it goes well.... this could be a good moral booster for our kids, school, and our home town. Maybe, just maybe, we will start to see big parades for ALL the holidays like we did in the good 'ole days. Let's keep the faith folks... it's lookin' good so far. :bluebounce: .... "and the band played on......"
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

I remember the tournament of bands! I was a majorette in the St. Marys band, one of the bands competing. Hope it went well for the Eagles this evening!
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

well not quite sure how things went, but the bands could be heard all the way down at THE PAPER MILL!!!!!!!!!
Tyrone Pride

Post by Tyrone Pride »

I hope that the competition went well. I heard them playing as well. I still wish that the new director would play the version of the SSB that we played when Gerry directed the band. I hope the new director does well for the band. I have heard that the kids like him. That is half of the battle. I have to say that I don't care for the kids using sheet music for the alma matter and the SSB. Gerry never would have allowed that. We learned that stuff just as well as our field songs. Those songs are played year after year. Anyhow, I wish them luck. They are doing well.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Yes, I agree, sheet music was never allowed in our band either. I never heard how the tournament went, there was a couple pictures in the paper but no article.