Business Ethics

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
disneyqn71
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

business ethics

Post by disneyqn71 »

BECK- For the record, one of my classmates (36 yrs. old) passed away today, so for you to ask what will happen when Louise is GONE, is totally disrespectful. Where is she going?

Give your recipe a try, let me know if it comes close. :twisted:
dolphinocn

business ethnics

Post by dolphinocn »

disneyqn wrote: Have you ever thought about why East End has never offered DELIVERY or FUND RAISERS? It would be impossible to keep up with the demand. There, now that's an idea for the "new business".

Nothing is impossible in the food service business!!! Nothing! I myself work in the business and know that customer demands grow day in and day out! Sometimes you(the business) have to make decisions if you want to be bigger and better. To me, the East end clan does not want to do that. Your business can't grow you say because the building won't allow more employees for more production. CMON. build bigger, move to a bigger facility. Its not about the building history, its about makeing money and keeping your business and keeping your customers satisfied for years to come. So I guess its up to the family to decide, but it is NOT impossible. always options.

Again I am not saying i agree with mac's for what they are doing but I think this whole debate thing is, or hopefully going to open up the eyes to the east end family and maybe changes for the better are soon to come.[/quote]
jokerman

Post by jokerman »

From my perspective, disneyqn obviously has a personal interest in this long-exhausted debate...and there's nothing wrong with sticking up for your family...but I think all her comments are starting to get a little redundant, and a little...well, testy. Now, she takes an honest question about the future of East End and twists it into some remark about Beck being disrespectful about the death of one of her classmates. Where did THAT come from??? That couldn't be further from the truth, anyone who knows Beck can attest to that! It's evident that it is Louise that has kept EE running all these years. Why else would she still be working at 85, if not to keep the place open and running the way she wants it to be? I'm sure the corporate world will have me retired WAY before I reach that age.
So far, disney, you've given the Gridiron Grill more publicity than you intended, and probably reinforced many reasons to go there, especially the friendly atmosphere.
Beck

Post by Beck »

I was asking an honest question. Maybe I could reword it ...What does the family intend to do with the business when Louise finally decides to retire? Do you really think any of the kids will keep the business? Is that worded better.
And for the record, I grew up with 1 grandparent that I barely remember.. my father died when I was 16, my mother when I was 28... death isn't anything anyone looks forward to let alone living without those that we care and love.
blonde23

Post by blonde23 »

I give you alot of respect and credit Disneyqn for listening to all thses rude and ignorant comments. Never in my life did I think that there were that many disrespectful, cold people out there but I guess that truly shows you what class of people are responding to your letter. Those people should eat at Mac's. They deserve each other Louise is awesome! East End is Awesome! And everyone knows that East End has already made there millions by now so at this point in the game there is no competition out there.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: Just a polite reminder...

Post by Rick »

Rick wrote:Although I have a sense of humor, don't make it personal...
I don't like to repeat myself, so take this as a warning.

Many points have been expressed, presented, defended, and countered. That is what our forum was intended for. There also need to be a conclusion or ending to every debate.

Please keep it on track, and do not troll to incite problems.

-Rick
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Blain

Post by Blain »

blonde23 wrote: And everyone knows that East End has already made there millions by now so at this point in the game there is no competition out there.
Your argument really isn't logical. Because a business is and has been successful doesn't mean that it will continue to be so. Because they have been successful doesn't mean that they magically will never have competition, or that they will be bulletproof from competition. The business world is filled with examples of successful business being toppled by a competitor. There is no such thing as an invulnerable business.

Having said that, I think East End will continue to do just fine. I also think Mac's will do well. There's plenty of room for everybody. I don't believe that it is zero sum.
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

I sure do like Mac's stuffed chicken breast/pork chops....

And to reply to an earlier post regarding the hours of operation, I work in a small office enviroment and there have been several occasions where we entertain small business luncheons and were unable to purchase EE hoagies because they close at 1:00, not to mention I drove by EE two Saturdays ago and they were closed @ 7:30??????

Another note, I prefer the new establishment because you can see behind the counter.... you don't have those beety little eyes peeking behind the wall and snickering.... it takes me back to a saying my grandmother taught me.... "they think there sh*t does'nt stink.... but their farts tell on them....."

and whoever said the drama stops after highschool never lived in Tyrone.
smalltowngirl

enough is enough

Post by smalltowngirl »

I think it is time for this to end. Everything has been said that needs to be said. It is getting ugly and making many folks look bad. Although it is entertaining to see people act like people expecting customer service with their hoagies is a joke (wow... 51 years with that attitude... amazing) the rest of this is just not nice reading anymore. People are getting mean.

Time will tell. Everyone can wait it out. If they are millionaires then they should not care anyway. It's all bad for your health anyway. Stop eating out so much Tyrone!!! :-)
Parker

Post by Parker »

Agreeing with the above...DRAMA in Tyrone! Sounds to me that this debate is going a little off track and a little too far. Also I agree with Jokerman that if you know "Beck"..you know that she for sure did not mean any harm by what she posted.

On the other hand..My family and I are happy that there is a new "establishment" in this town for good hoagies. I was treated very friendly when I went to pick up my order, unlike EE where no one talks to you. "Last name" is all you here. There is no "thank you", or "come again"...NOTHING!!! so...Team Macs for me!!
blonde23

Post by blonde23 »

I will repeat what I have already said about the competition. Louise has already made her name and her living of East End. At this point in her life, as unlogically as it sounds to you, I really dont think she is to concerned about this so called competion. Louise could close tomorrow and still be successful,wealthy, and proud to have been one of a kind and the best. No one can take that away from her!
Rockon333

Post by Rockon333 »

Gee, I bet when Disneyqu started this post she assumed that people would just rally around the EE business and that is not exactly what has happened. Reality check! This was the perfect opportunity for all to participate in a great debate that has unfortunately turned bad, just like EE's attitude. Although everyone has their own opinions and their loyalities, I agree 100% with Parker most and others, we welcomed and are very happy with the new establishement and have frequented their services several times. My family no longer has to endure the rudeness and crazy operating schedule that has supposedly made EE millions. Take the millions, close up shop, and be thankful that you had 51 years with no competetion. And is goes to show that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree with the granddaughters rudeness in the posts to this topic. Business is business, this is America - land of the free...did you forget? Rockon TEAM MAC!!!
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

There has not been an attack against Lousie, so quit trying to make it that way..... the attack is against EE's "business ethics"

for gods sake we don't live under the dictatorship of Mayor Stoner. Im sure if borough council has their say, " if you live in the borough, then you must eat from east end." :devil:

but I must say that I do find this topic interesting.....
venus

Business Ethics

Post by venus »

Hooray for rockon333, mangotree, and everyone else who has spelled out the truth here. The apple truly doesn't fall too far from the tree, just as previously posted. Now that we have BOTH granddaughters chiming in to this hot debate, there is no doubt that you got what you asked for. Disney came here trash talking Brian for "stealing" grandma's business and riding on her coat tales. I think what is boils down to is this: The East End family(Sweitzer, Haverstein, Bickle, Baker... whatever your last name may be) is very threatened by the competition due to the fact that they are very customer oriented and friendly, something EE is not and surely never will be. And the more venom the two sisters disney and "blonde" girl want to spew....the more they are hurting their own future profits from grandma's million dollar business in which they are reaping the benefits from RIDING ON HER COAT TALES!!!

Honestly, if two places have the same hoagie and one place is the gossip ring of Tyrone whose family snickers at patrons coming and going, and the other place has genuine employees who are friendly and care about their customers...where would you choose? I know where I would go.

Lastly, I find it rather amusing how blondey likes to call people posting here rude and cold. I think that is the pot calling the kettle black, my friend. If grandma is the millionaire you claim she is and you are all reaping the benefits from her millions...wouldn't you all be able to smile and be a little friendly to your customers?

I think Louise would be quite disappointed at the public bashing of Brian that her granddaughters are choosing to do. But I expect nothing less. It is just more of the rude arrogance that continues at East End and will obviously never change. If this is the path you choose to take, keep it up. We will all sit back and laugh as East End loses its profits over lack of customer service and poor attitudes!
disneyqn71

business ethics

Post by disneyqn71 »

One final note from me and then you won't hear another word concerning my opinion on business ethics.

Despite what you may think, I really have enjoyed hearing all perspectives and although I have disagreed with nearly all of them, I would like to thank everyone for voicing their opinions. Some of you had the perception that I was being rude, however if you look back and reread everything, you will see that I only defended East End as passionately as I knew how...so if that is "apple falling..." then I am proud of who I am, where I come from, but more importantly for what I stand for.

Everyone knows as well as I do, that you can't truly get a tone of a conversation when reading a blog or email, however the last few comments have been extremely offensive and quite honestly, undignified. So looks like everyone had a chance to display their characters, whether you choose to remain anonymous or you choose to reveal your identity, you are talking about a family, that has been part of this community for 85+ years. Go back and look over everything, I too have agreed that the East End FAMILY could be nicer to customers at times, on the other hand that had nothing to do with my original POST. I knew I would be opening the door for some possible, shall I say, insightful criticism, however some of you chose this platform and have used it as a free ticket in attempts to belittle and condemn the very place of business that has fulfilled your appetite for years. :P

So again, I thank East End and Louise and Howd for giving us a product that has been truly unique and will always be one of a kind, yet will enthusiastically be sought after no matter what moral or ethical price a person has to pay to try to replicate the "secret" recipe.

Needless to say, RockOn...I did just the opposite of what you had assumed...I never anticipated getting as much/as little support as I have over the last few weeks. I had the chance to give you my version and that was my intent. Anything else that happened was a plus.

I don't know who any of you are, nor does it matter. Some live close and some live far away and no matter what your final opinion may be on this topic, East End will always be part of your historyin one form or another. At the very least, I encouraged more people to this site and by the looks of it, the membership has grown. So I am looking forward to the next discussion.
Thanks! 8)