Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Fightin' Irish

Re: Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Post by Fightin' Irish »

Something to say wrote: AND FYI= Borough Authority consists of....Robert Miller, Jay Young, Jen Bryan, Mark Kosoglow and William Hall.
Councilman Mark Kosoglow voted NO to the windplant proposal a month ago but voted YES when more money was offered.

Judas Iscariot agreed to betray Jesus by handing him over to the chief priests to be murdered. In return, the chief priests gave Judas 30 pieces of silver.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Something to say.... as I said before.... whenever you have something to say there is no ifs, ands, or buts, about it... you say it well and it is always right on !!! Thank you !!! There is one little thing I would like to mention. You're right, the people didn't come out of the woodwork and voice their opinions. Rarely, very rarely, has that EVER happened around here. Most people in this community vote council members in and pay little attention to what happens after that. Everything and anything that happens in this community is left entirely up to the council and that's the end of it. If something is done and the people don't like it, you may hear gripes and complaints here and there, but, most of the time that's the extent of it and life goes on. I guess what I'm trying to get to here... I truly hope that just because people didn't come out of the woodwork, parade downtown, carry signs, or sing.... I truly hope that this council does not use that as the excuse for why they voted yes. Considering all that is at risk here, it is obvious that council still has no idea. If they had any idea of the possible risks they would be taking, they would have been completely concerned for the community, and would not have allowed this to happen.
First and formost, ya gotta' know the facts.... then, If something is not right, and if you know it's not right, and the reasons why it's not right...if you know the potential risks, you don't just go ahead and put it in anyway because people want it. You say No and explain to the people why !!!
If most of the facts were known here... I do think there would have been a different outcome.
Something to say... don't go too far away... Hang in there and... once more, Thank You !!! :thumb:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

One lone voice wrote:I've been doing some research and look what I found:

Pennsylvania State Constitution, Article I, Section 27:
“The people have a right to clean air, pure water, and to the preservation of the natural, scenic, historic and esthetic values of the environment. Pennsylvania’s public natural resources are the common property of all the people, including generations yet to come. As trustee of these resources, the Commonwealth shall conserve and maintain them for the benefit of all the people.”
Yes, there is soooo very much information out there relating to this very thing. Amazing how things are just taken for granted, written on paper, then shoved aside.
Last edited by My2Cents on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

I see that parts of Grazierville has to boil water til further notice. They get their water from Altoona, who goes nearly dry annually and supplements their supply with Tipton now, who coincidently has had their resivoir level about 10 ft below the spillway during parts of last summer.....My point, if by some "small chance" cutting and drilling 15 ft down for the bases of these windmills does something to the water supply, how good is 5 million over 30 years gonna look when you're buying water for a million a month? Better yet who ya gonna buy from? Altoona and Tipton? Great move!!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Fightin' Irish wrote:
Something to say wrote: AND FYI= Borough Authority consists of....Robert Miller, Jay Young, Jen Bryan, Mark Kosoglow and William Hall.
Councilman Mark Kosoglow voted NO to the windplant proposal a month ago but voted YES when more money was offered.

Judas Iscariot agreed to betray Jesus by handing him over to the chief priests to be murdered. In return, the chief priests gave Judas 30 pieces of silver.
This "meeting," "get together," "sing-a-long".. what have you, sounds like it could be the one that puts the iceing on Ice Mountain.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Fightin' Irish wrote:

Jen Bryan....also a council member.......also voted YES
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

Something to say wrote:
Fightin' Irish wrote:

Jen Bryan....also a council member.......also voted YES
Councilwoman Jennifer Bryan openly opposed saving Ice Mountain from the very beginning. She voted YES to the windplant even before Rendell called and before more $$$$$$$$$ was offered. Councilman Mark Kosoglow waited for more money to make his betrayal more lucrative. :mob:

I am impressed with Mayor Jim Kilmartin, though: http://xkcd.com/556/ He is a man of his word despite Rendell's bullying and bribery. :flag:
Fightin' Irish

Post by Fightin' Irish »

Mayor Kilmartin was on WRTA this a.m. and said that he voted against the project because of the inappropriate location and the large amount of subsidies wind companies receive.

Mayor Jim Kilmartin is a man of conviction and integrity. I salute you, Mr. Mayor! :flag:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Fightin' Irish :guns:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Fightin' Irish wrote:Mayor Kilmartin was on WRTA this a.m. and said that he voted against the project because of the inappropriate location and the large amount of subsidies wind companies receive.

Mayor Jim Kilmartin is a man of conviction and integrity. I salute you, Mr. Mayor! :flag:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Fightin' Irish :guns:
As do I !!! :flag: .
Hey everybody, check out the link Ice Man has at the bottom of his post above. One picture, says it all !!!
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

[quote="My2Cents"][quote="Fightin' Irish"]Mayor Kilmartin was on WRTA this a.m. and said that he voted against the project because of the inappropriate location and the large amount of subsidies wind companies receive.

[color=#00BF00][b]

Happy Saint Patrick's Day![/b][/color]

[color=#00BF00][i][b]Fightin' Irish[/b][/i][/color] :guns:[/quote]
As do I !!! :flag: .
Hey everybody, check out the link Ice Man has at the bottom of his post above. One picture, says it all !!![/quote]

Please do not be fooled by Kilmartin, he comes to you as a wolf in sheeps clothing!! He and Kosoglow are thick as thieves, don't think this was NOT there master plan as Kilmartin is up for re election and Kosoglow is not!!!!

Tyrone needs a change in local government starting right at the top, Bill Fink for Mayor!!
One lone voice
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by One lone voice »

I agree...we need to clean house in the Boro. We have a chance to make our displeasure known on voting day, and we should exercise our right to have people on Council that actually want to do something for this town, and not just use the position to follow their own personal agendas. And when the next group's seats are up for grabs, they too should be ousted. The people in PA did when the people in Harrisburg gave themselves raises, and we can do it here too. :flag:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

WHOA !!! Thanks Irish... These say it all too !!! Haven't checked them all out yet. Below each picture you can click on other pictures ("previous or next.") Check 'em all out folks !! Check out the "previous" pictures in the second link above...#20343.... this will give those of you who are not completely familiar with these things an idea on some of the things we have been trying to convey as to what is wrong with all this !!! There is 1 or 2 in there where they actually had the arrogance to haul in the nacilles (spelling) for a windfarm somewhere in Maine and a permit or permission wasn't even given yet. A typical example as to how they come in the back door, set these things up before anyone has time to question.... by the time people see what is happening.... it's too late .... they are built and those allowing it to happen fell for the money ploy.
Check out their size compared to the houses... ice build up that can be thrown for many yards..... nacilles, the size of a bus, each of which holds 200 gallons of oil... these things containing all of this oil falling to the ground... lightning strike potentials.....forest fires... ground contamination... enviromental changes in this area.... it just goes on and on. There is NOTHING good about these things being allowed on Ice Mountain !!! And this is only turbines.......there is going to be "14 miles of road needed ( 30-50 foot wide)to haul this stuff up to the ridge tops.... "9 miles of existing road and 5 miles of new road." Imagine just that.... imagine how many trees will be cut down for just a 30 to 50 foot wide road !!!! Approx one acre cut away per turbine and a 60 foot wide swath cut down from turbine to turbine..... imagine what that is going to do to the forest canopy. These things being cemented into the ground... vibrating above our watershed.... "Sandy Ridge".... hummmmm, think about it..... why would someone, hundreds of years ago call it "sandy ridge"..... certainly doesn't sound very sturdy does it !!?? Justa' thought. Rarely is it mentioned that this "farm" is ALSO going to need substations and miles and miles of cable corridors.... rarely do you hear this part of the construction plan !!! Ah, but, this too is part of it !!! You too out there in the hollows may have a substation in your back yard if you don't pay attention on what is happening here. Some of your neighbors are not saying much at all.... why, because you have some that are going to become very rich and they are staying very quiet right now !!! If a turbine or 2 or 3 is build on someones privetly owned land..... they will will reap the benefits. They won't care about you or the watershed or anything else...they greed for the money and will care for themselves only. Now I know some of you don't care about the birds, the bees, the bats, the trees...please try to understand we (the earth) needs all of this in order to survive !!! Mother Nature takes care of us all and we take it all for granted. Example; bats... ONE BAT EATS THOUSANDS of insects per night... why is that so important.... some insects can cause many types of diseases. Without the bats and the measures in place now.... we would be overwhelmed with many insects and diseases. One tree.... take a moment and read up on what one tree does for this earth during it's lifetime.... then take that one tree and put it with the forest.... you will see why we need to save Mother Nature and all things bright and beautiful..... all creatures great and small......
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

"Im_lovin_it"... not to worry, I will not be fooled on this subject again.... at least I don't think so....I'm payin' attention to all :thumb: However, I am just a no body out here who can do nothing. ONLY somebody, who has the authority to say no can fix it now. Everyone mentions ousting those and bring in new.... but hey, that's not going to help this situation now. I could be very wrong, BUT, this subject is too late for Bill Fink to stop right now. Right now, we have to deal with what we have. Right now, bringing someone else in will not change "things"... the die has been cast and the only way to stop this now is by these people picking up that die and telling them NO. I believe in my heart that more was needed as far as them aquiring correct knowldege on what was about to happen here. Bringing new people in now would only be bringing in people to clean up a mess that has already been created. I'm just talking here..... I could be very wrong.... if I am please correct me and convince me otherwise.
See what's happening here ?? Read what has happened in other communities with these turbines going thru..... they have divided communities, they have caused people who have been life long friends to part company...they have cause confusion within the communities plus many other things.... if you get a chance read about all the turmoil they have caused within different communities. They haven't even started yet and it has, and is, happening here already !!!
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

If you didnt click on the links to the pictures and go through some of them, you need to really bad. This is going to be horrible. We have to stop this. Everyone needs to get to get these links out by Email, in case your friends arent currently on tyronepa.com. Send these out, get the word spread.. WE DON'T WANT THEM.
Email these links..... Lets keep our mountains!!!!!!!! They are Beautiful!!!!!!