Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Something to say
MVP Member

Re: Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Post by Something to say »

cruiser1 wrote:Salaman has started a petition. He has given several out. I do not think we should have competing petition forms. If you need a petition PM Salaman and he will send his form to you on Monday.
You can sign one at Bob Roseberry's house. He sat outside all day today in the cold with people stopping and signing. Way to go Bob! He said anyone is free to stop anytime, today tomorrow whenever.
I went door to door today for three hours with a petition. The people were very nice-even the two people I met that didn't want to sign. So many people are so teed off about this that it is unreal. The anger level is high. They want to talk about it. These people care let me tell you.
I made some new friends today. It was nice to see where some of the faces in Tyrone live. I was offered everything from cookies to beer! It was fun. I would recommend it to anyone to do.
If anyone wants to help in any way. Contact Salaman, Bob Roseberry or me. There are all types of things that we can do.
Keep up the fight!

Yessssssssss!!!!! Do'ers...love it. :bluebounce: Door to door, store counter tops ...whatever... the petition is the way to go. The people of Tyrone are not ignorant. They don't need burdened with facts on a petition...they don't need expert opinion... the residents of Tyrone have always been home-town proud and love their surroundings. There is no doubt in my mind at all if the wind farm was going to create renewable energy, curtail pollution, and make a great difference the people would vote it in. They see it for what it is... All they have needed was someone to get the petitions out there to them. Bob Roseberry, Salaman, cruiser...THANKS.
twinsmom

Post by twinsmom »

My petition and Mr. Roseberry's are part of salaman's petition drive. I agree 100%...people are upset and ready to talk. I'm also encouraging everyone to be at the Jan. 7th meeting. Keep up the good work!
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

:thumb: :bluebounce: :thumb:
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

MeToo !! :thumb: :bluebounce: :thumb:
sandstone
MVP Member

Post by sandstone »

An example of Gamesa's disrespect for communities from today's Altoona Mirror, page 1:

After the Logan Township Board of Supervisors denied Gamesa's request to enlarge their industrial windfarm zone north to beyond Route 36 in November 2006, Gamesa made the same request in May of 2007 and was again denied. Now, just 6 months later, Gamesa again is demanding that Logan Township expand the windplant zone north to beyond Route 36!!!!!!!!
twinsmom

Post by twinsmom »

For those of us who do not subscribe to the Mirror, here is the link to read the entire article.
http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/conte ... ml?nav=742
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

sandstone wrote:An example of Gamesa's disrespect for communities from today's Altoona Mirror, page 1:

After the Logan Township Board of Supervisors denied Gamesa's request to enlarge their industrial windfarm zone north to beyond Route 36 in November 2006, Gamesa made the same request in May of 2007 and was again denied. Now, just 6 months later, Gamesa again is demanding that Logan Township expand the windplant zone north to beyond Route 36!!!!!!!!
Gamesa's never-ending demands to expand Logan Township's industrial windplant zone are beginning to sound like a BROKEN RECORD!
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Excellent!

Very positive news in regards to the petition drive!

:thumb:

Not surprising in regards to the Gamesa/Logan Township issue.

:x
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I just read that article !!! Emotional schmotional... where are they getting this "emotional side issue !!!" That's an excuse, a "word" for them to use !!! It depends on who's "emotion" they are speaking of at the time !!! They ought to be showing a little bit of emotion themselves for what they brought in here and set up in the communities south of us. They should be very emotional as to what they did to the people in those areas. Gamesa doesn't care !!! As long as they get our land and their windmills built on it... that's all that matters to them !!! It boils down to basic common sense ... a company coming into our United States of America and insisting we lease them land to build their wind mills and in turn, they tear up our mountains, our wildlife, nature as we know it and completely disrupt peoples lives !!! Then tell us all about these superficial things they are going to do to make it all better again !!! Pure and simple, this is the crap they are putting out and people are or should I say "WERE" falling for it !!!
We know these windmills are not going to cut it in the future... there is proof that there is absolutely no way these things are going to make it anywhere around our United States of America !!! Unless, we have complete distruction of our land throughout the USA and thousands upon thousands of wall to wall windmills !!! Won't that be pretty ???!!! What do they think we are ??? They come in this area, putting the cart before the horse, build a windmill manufacturing plant in Ebensburg or where ever it is, pushing all these jobs they have created....buy uniforms for the band or football team in some town ( I forget, read it on here somewhere) and basically set up shop in this one little community... really dishing out their propaganda and money to the people of the town and the community leaders also.... in turn, the town folk fell for it !!! Now, how are they gonna' get rid of them ???
Logan Township Board of Supervisors are, and have been, on the ball !!! They have already denied Gamesa... twice... why are they (Gamesa) coming back again !!?? I don't understand !!! Do they not know what NO means ??? Why does this keep coming back to Logan Township... are they trying to wear them down??? Are they trying to get them to give up, give in, and give them the go ahead ??!!! Sounds like it to me !!! 2 times asking, 1 time, this time, "demanding." Demanding... a foreign country, being allowed to come into the United States of America and "demand"...that's a bit much !!!
Does anyone know what El Toro Poo-Poo means in Spanish ???
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

P.S. By the way... I too, wrote up a petition this morning. Gonna' go around getting names today and tomorrow. I'm gonna' shoot for a hundred !! Hope I can get that many .
stringone

Post by stringone »

Does anybody Know if there is a petition FOR the windmills? I know quite a few people who would be more than happy to sign a petition for them :lol:
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

I heard that Penn Future is distributing Pro Windmill petitions.

The person who gets the most signatures gets a years supply of ear plugs and a bucket of "chicken" wings.
sandstone
MVP Member

Post by sandstone »

From yesterday's Harrisburg Patriot-News:

How to site windmills
Statewide process should guide proposals

by the Harrisburg Patriot-News Editorial Staff

Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's good to see companies like Norfolk Southern looking for ways to incorporate alternative forms of energy into their operations. It's inescapable that they and the rest of us have to wean ourselves off our heavy dependence on fossil fuels.

This necessary transition would likely be far more robust and less worrisome about negative environmental impacts if it were guided by a broad set of rules based on sound science to protect both the environment and the public interest.

Spokesman Rudy Husband says Norfolk Southern is merely considering and has not yet decided whether to build a 200- to 225-foot wind turbine at its Enola freight yard, which borders the Susquehanna River, to power a new wastewater treatment facility.

While we have warned often against turning Pennsylvania's signature and still largely green ridge tops into wind farms, windmills appear to be well-suited to be built in a number of situations. These would include railroad yards, industrial parks, open farmlands, tall buildings in cities, brown-field sites and abandoned surface mining areas. In our view, wind power is part of the energy solution, if appropriately sited.

News of the Enola windmill, which would be the first of such size in the midstate, promptly generated concerns that it might have negative consequences for Pennsylvania's only colony of great egrets on nearby Wade Island. Black-crowned night herons and cormorants also call the island home. It isn't known whether a windmill at the freight yard would pose a danger to these birds.

If Pennsylvania had a scientifically sound and open windmill-siting process, possible conflicts such as this would be independently researched and decided. Without a legal framework to properly evaluate and make a determination, no one is well served -- not the public, not the wind industry, not those who want to take advantage of this technology, and certainly not the environment.

We need a sound windmill-siting process in Pennsylvania -- and need it soon -- both to advance this energy technology and to protect the environment.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Your red highlighted sentences are common sense, Sandstone.

Something that is typically shunned by most politician and governmental leaders.
Last edited by 150thBucktailCo.I on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.