Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Post by My2Cents »

Last edited by My2Cents on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Ice Man, I may be wrong, but, I think the last time something from there was put up on this board for vote... one person could cast more than one vote on the same topic and you could tell that some of the posts made to that site (one right after the other) was being made from the same person, it was very obvious. They didn't have to have a posting name. Anyone could post and anyone could vote and vote more than once. Finally, it was taken off there. I'm not saying it happens all the time. I'm fairly sure it happened that one time.
Last edited by My2Cents on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

silent majority wrote:How do you know they will increase Anne? They definetely will increase if we do nothing.
Costs will increase, as they have done in Europe, because you'll be paying for 2 systems of electricity production, a reliable baseload producer such as coalplants or nuclear plants, and an intermittent producer, such as windplants. Windplants also represent an inefficient use of transmission lines, because transmission lines leading from windplants to the grid must be built to handle 100% of capacity, but windplants in the east operate at an annuallized capacity of just 30%. In summer, they operate at a capacity of about 10%!
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

That's hilarious. :rofl:
silent majority

Post by silent majority »

Ice man...That was a very informative article. However, I still have a hard time believing that wind farms would have a major impact on wildlife. Minor yes, major, I can't see it.
silent majority

My2cents...If you are going to pick apart something I said please do not fragment things together to make it appear as though I'm saying something I'm not. Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

silent majority wrote:My2cents...If you are going to pick apart something I said please do not fragment things together to make it appear as though I'm saying something I'm not. Thank you
OK Bill... I'll include the whole of it next time. I was just trying to save space. I'd appreciate it if you would do the same. Thanks.
anne onimous1

Post by anne onimous1 »

My2Cents wrote:
silent majority wrote:My2cents...If you are going to pick apart something I said please do not fragment things together to make it appear as though I'm saying something I'm not. Thank you
OK Bill... I'll include the whole of it next time. I was just trying to save space. I'd appreciate it if you would do the same. Thanks.

Yea Bill....UTinker, you
silent majority

PLease remember that I only jumped in this forum to show some people the view of a casual observer. Sure to some they are simply frustrated, and that's understandable. Unfortunately, things get said, out of frustration or anger and now there is no longer a healthy debate. You must remember that not everyone holds the same rationale as some. A good example would be when I'm presenting the Gospel to somebody and they turn away. I've learned over the years that I can't take it personally. If somebody chooses h*ll over Heaven, that's their decision. I'm sad for them but I don't get mad at them. I still both love and respect them. When I watch firsthand the passion my brother Bill has for this community... I'm proud! So please understand when I hear people bashing him for his efforts it hurts. My2cents...my brother is not as "sneaky" as you assume. He doesn't have the capacity for deception. We were raised better than that. When I jumped in this forum, I did it with the intention of eventually revealing myself. I was simply making a point of how when we come on so strong, the people or group we are addressing gets taken back a few steps and will become naturally hesitant in making a decision. With that said, remember the official vote has yet to take place. Maybe there are more people in this town for the wind farms than we realize but I can't really blame them for not stepping forward publicly because of the confrontation they may have to face. There is alot of information out there on wind energy and if nothing else, I learned alot...mostly from those who oppose it. I appreciate that...has it convinced me yet...not quite. Thanks to all of you so much for your concern for this place I call home. Please don't let our community become divided...That would truly be a tragedy. Sincerely, Ardean. :w
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Please keep it civil, and on track everyone. If you are new to the forums, and even if you are not, please read the rules of our online community.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=439
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Wow, Ardean you certainly sound a lot like your brother... I thought for sure it was him, LOL. I do not think anyone, including me, has called him "sneaky." In fact, I haven't heard anyone call him any names at all on this board. Please note also, I personally have always held our council with great respect. Not once have I ever belittled them.... they have a lot on their shoulders and I am still keeping the faith.
As you say, he has his opinions just as much as others has theirs. Somehow it will all work out in the end.
With all that said, I will not respond further on this, he said/she said, matter. This Windmill Site is far too important to let something like this shut it down.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Ardean, you have made several references to my posts. I am truly sorry if I have offended you or your brother, but I'm not sorry to be taking the stand that I have taken. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. I find it very unfair that council is taking the vote into consideration and making their decision based on that vote alone. Its as if the petition with 1400 signatures is now null and void and makes no difference. People gave up their time and energy getting those signatures and that petition should be taken into just as much account as the public vote during the election process. ( When is the last time you saw folks in this town so involved in an issue? ) Look how many views this thread has.

To completely ignore 1400 residents of 16686 is sad. If you do the math... there were 400 more signatures on those petitions than the entire 1000 votes gathered at the primaries.

Bill...and I do not mean this to sound harsh... has questioned people's opinions and the facts that have been presented.... repeatedly. Its been almost like he has baited folks to give up their views just to tear them down. I applaud him in his quest to gain knowledge and admire him for putting himself out there...but often it has felt, to me at least, like for every step taken forward, he has been there to push one step back. He has constantly questioned people's knowledge or wondered about their expertise...etc...etc...etc.

My frustration is in that the council is voted in by the people of the town... and the people of the town have reached out to this council about an issue that is very dear to their hearts, and council REFUSES to listen, and instead, will do as they please.

The fact is --1400 people signed a petition, and 400 voted no during the election process, ... even if those 400 also SIGNED the petition ... that still leaves 1000 other people that oppose this wind farm development on ICE MOUNTAIN. That's a tad bit more than the 600 who voted yes. Do the math.

Bill Latchford, I apologise if I have offended you during this thread. That has not been my intention.
Blain

Post by Blain »

If you're going to hold an elected office, you'd better have a thick skin.
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

silent majority wrote:Ice man...That was a very informative article. However, I still have a hard time believing that wind farms would have a major impact on wildlife. Minor yes, major, I can't see it.
In a statement issued more than a year ago, the 250+ scientists and conservation professionals who make up the Pennsylvania Biological Survey said that the impact of industrial windplants on wildlife is "severe." "Severe" is the word that they used. To me, "severe" means more than "minor."
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

sammie wrote:Questions:

Does anyone know the status and particular's of Snyder Township's wind ordinance?
SS attended all the Snyder Twp Planning Commission meetings last year that dealt with the proposed ordinance, but since then, the planning commission has been dissolved and a new supervisor was elected.
sammie wrote:Questions:

Also, are there many private landowners in Snyder Township who have signed leases with Gamesa and do they live in Snyder Township? And, are these individual lease holders being offered the same amount of money per turbine as Tyrone Borough?

Just Curious.
No. The major landowners are the Borough of Tyrone and the Allegheny Ridge Hunting Club.