Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Post by My2Cents »

Bill the "Pun" .... meaning the "pun" as in the unwarranted comments you made...... "since it has always seemed clear......" and " people are allowed to change their minds as it seems like Mayor Kilmartin has."
You tend to insinuate, you tend to twist words and meanings around, you tend to speak for others.... you tend to twist around and say that someone has said or done something they didn't !!
Know the facts and speak for yourself.... and by all means, don't put words in peoples mouth. We weren't born yesterday.
Last edited by My2Cents on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

My2Cents wrote:Pun, as in the unwarranted comments you made...... "since it has always seemed clear......" and " people are allowed to change their minds as it seems like Mayor Kilmartin has."
You tend to insinuate, you tend to twist words and meanings around, you tend to speak for others.... you tend to twist around and say that someone has said or done something they didn't !!
Know the facts and speak for yourself.... and by all means, don't put words in peoples mouth. We weren't born yesterday.
Everyone on here thought the same thing...Hence all the comments about it not really being a win and that. So would it not seem that he changed his mind from the Council meeting to the statement that SandStone shared on here. I am not saying anything bad about it. I just took from the meeting as most did that Mark and Jim only voted No because they wanted more money. Why am I the only one that is saying...OOOOPSS I took it the wrong way apparently?
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

My2Cents wrote:Bill the "Pun" .... meaning the "pun" as in the unwarranted comments you made...... "since it has always seemed clear......" and " people are allowed to change their minds as it seems like Mayor Kilmartin has."
My2Cents...only part of that I believe is mine....the "people are allowed to change their minds as it seems like Mayor Kilmartin has." I think the other part came from something that someone else said. I am not saying this to be a jerk or anything...I just wanted it to be clear. If I am wrong, I am sorry....But I can not find anywhere that I have posted where I said "since it has always seemed clear"
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Bill Latchford wrote:
My2Cents wrote:Bill the "Pun" .... meaning the "pun" as in the unwarranted comments you made...... "since it has always seemed clear......" and " people are allowed to change their minds as it seems like Mayor Kilmartin has."
My2Cents...only part of that I believe is mine....the "people are allowed to change their minds as it seems like Mayor Kilmartin has." I think the other part came from something that someone else said. I am not saying this to be a jerk or anything...I just wanted it to be clear. If I am wrong, I am sorry....But I can not find anywhere that I have posted where I said "since it has always seemed clear"
Sorry , I apologize....I was trying to do 3 things at once when I posted that and added "since it always seemed clear" which was a factual statement by someone else concerning this. OK, I'm done for now before I screw something else up.... I have work to do.
Bill... Chill !!! Come on... we need to save Ice Mountain... you are a Tyroner and Tyrone needs you...it's not like you just drifted into town one day !!! If you love and care for this town (which you should as a council person) then stop fighting this !!! This money they are offering will go right back into that wind farm to clean up what they messed up and very, very, little of it will come into this community for the people !!! Tyrone has always, always, pulled thru one way or another..... we do not need an outside source coming in here, running the show, then telling what to do and how to spend their money !!! You have a long life ahead.... think of this town, think of the future. A simple matter of turning on your faucet and getting a good cold drink of water should be convincing enough. Imagine having to boil or having to send out each month for your water. It may not happen..... BUT, it could and this is nothing to take any chances on. Appreciate what you have and try to understand the potential disaster that is knocking at our door. I do hope you are reading every single word of those factual posts.... I do hope that one of the recent post, from sandstone, concerning the thousands of windmills vs one nuclear power plant...
If you change your mind one more time.... I will personally butter your waffle !!!!
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I am actually working on something that had come up a long time ago that might satisfy many persons at one time. I just have to wait for SandStone or IceMan to get back to me. The need for green i.e Ecology and Dollars.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

My2Cents wrote:
Bill Latchford wrote:
Sorry , I apologize....I was trying to do 3 things at once when I posted that and added "since it always seemed clear" which was a factual statement by someone else concerning this. OK, I'm done for now before I screw something else up.... I have work to do.
Bill... Chill !!! Come on... we need to save Ice Mountain... you are a Tyroner and Tyrone needs you...it's not like you just drifted into town one day !!! If you love and care for this town (which you should as a council person) then stop fighting this !!! This money they are offering will go right back into that wind farm to clean up what they messed up and very, very, little of it will come into this community for the people !!! Tyrone has always, always, pulled thru one way or another..... we do not need an outside source coming in here, running the show, then telling what to do and how to spend their money !!! You have a long life ahead.... think of this town, think of the future. A simple matter of turning on your faucet and getting a good cold drink of water should be convincing enough. Imagine having to boil or having to send out each month for your water. It may not happen..... BUT, it could and this is nothing to take any chances on. Appreciate what you have and try to understand the potential disaster that is knocking at our door. I do hope you are reading every single word of those factual posts.... I do hope that one of the recent post, from sandstone, concerning the thousands of windmills vs one nuclear power plant...
If you change your mind one more time.... I will personally butter your waffle !!!!
Keep in mind if I change my mind one more time I might as well be toast....I have never said that all that has been put forth was not note worthy for sure. The people that took their precious time out to explain these things to us certainly deserve respect and credit. And no matter what I think the vote still looks like it falls on Pat. I just hope no one pressures her to much until she is well. Like I said I am working on something that might work for all of us.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Bill Latchford wrote: Like I said I am working on something that might work for all of us.
Fine, but, make sure it has nothing to do with windmills ANYWHERE around this area !!!
P.S. There is nothing wrong with toast !!! You could be the toast of the town !!! I mean that in a nice way !!
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

My2Cents wrote:
Bill Latchford wrote: Like I said I am working on something that might work for all of us.
Fine, but, make sure it has nothing to do with windmills ANYWHERE around this area !!!
P.S. There is nothing wrong with toast !!! You could be the toast of the town !!! I mean that in a nice way !!
Not looking to be the toast of the town...Just an old idea that maybe people might be interested in again, that would possibly help out all causes. I know I would be willing to look at it again if others will. Still waiting on information though.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Is this solely your idea ?? ..... Or, is this a... well lets go about it this way scenero.... from the turbine company, or whoever else has interest in this and want's these turbines on Ice Mountain, or, anywhere else in this area ?? I can't imagine this company being happy, or willing to compromise with anything around here unless it involves a turbine !!! The only help out they need at this stage of the game is.... a help OUT !!! Period !!!
That in itself will make us all very, very, happy !!
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

My2Cents wrote:
Is this solely your idea ?? ..... Or, is this a... well lets go about it this way scenero.... from the turbine company, or whoever else has interest in this and want's these turbines on Ice Mountain, or, anywhere else in this area ?? I can't imagine this company being happy, or willing to compromise with anything around here unless it involves a turbine !!! The only help out they need at this stage of the game is.... a help OUT !!! Period !!!
That in itself will make us all very, very, happy !!
I can not remember how it was brought into play a while back...but I will see if I can bring some life back into it. No real details until I can get them myself...
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Bill Latchford wrote:
Sandstone...Thank you for pointing that out...You would be correct I would not have been attuned to that issue. This wind study group over here is not as active as I thought it would have been. So I can not rely on it for pretty much anything yet. Other than that is where I found out that people from where I work had dealings with Gamesa.
Look I don't want to see Turbines on every ridge top in Pa. I have a beautiful ride from Tyrone to State College everyday and understand the beauty of the land. I think about the Turbine issue everyday I take the ride. If you go by what the Blair County Natural Heritage report says, then you are absolutely right it is very rare to have this much space in a contagious block.
We are talking about a community that has no other way to create revenue streams, and maybe that is why the Borough is being targeted by Gamesa for a land resource that just barely meets the requirements to make the Turbines work.The Mayor Kilmartin thing is not a crack at the Mayor, he will no that...I am saying that it may seem clear to you and whoever else wants to see the clarity at the Mayor's thoughts. But I to, like many others it would appear, thought that night that he voted no to the Turbines because the deal was not lucrative enough. Can he change his mind anytime he feels, of course as we all have that right. Maybe the words just did not come out right. To me though and to some on this board, if you go back and read it, thought the same thing that Council person Kosoglow and Mayor Kilmartin were holding out for a better deal for the Borough. To me that sounds like more money...

You said a mouthful there Bill...that is exactly why Gamesa is being so persistent. They have come into a community that is in need of revenue and they BELIEVE that this council will sell out. That's why Josh Framel wants to put it up for a vote again possibly next month...hoping Pat Stoner will cast the vote in his direction. Ask yourself this question. Why would they want to build this "farm" on a "land resource that just barely meets the requirements to make the Turbines work". When you come up with an answer to that question...lemme know please.
That statement is......and I don't mean to be offensive here...probably the most intelligent statement out of your mouth regarding this whole issue...and Bill,, for you to even say it....somewhere in the back of your mind...you must be questioning that yourself even if you've not been aware of it.

Regarding Mayor Kilmartin

I, too, read the article and believed what I read ...that Mayor Kilmartin was holding out for more money. I mean, that's what it said. However, after reading what he sent to JVAS it appears that was not what he intended. ( I have seen biased reporting in both the Herald and the Mirror....even WTAJ's Green advertisement on television has pictures of windmills in the background....so it shouldn't surprise me when someone not entirely in favor of the wind industry in this area is misquoted. ) So, Mayor, if I jumped on a bandwagon ... and you really are not in favor of this project...I am sorry. I may even have to look in my crystal ball again...or pitch it. :wink:
sandstone
MVP Member

Post by sandstone »

Something to say wrote:
Regarding Mayor Kilmartin

I, too, read the article and believed what I read ...that Mayor Kilmartin was holding out for more money. I mean, that's what it said. However, after reading what he sent to JVAS it appears that was not what he intended. ( I have seen biased reporting in both the Herald and the Mirror....even WTAJ's Green advertisement on television has pictures of windmills in the background....so it shouldn't surprise me when someone not entirely in favor of the wind industry in this area is misquoted. ) So, Mayor, if I jumped on a bandwagon ... and you really are not in favor of this project...I am sorry. I may even have to look in my crystal ball again...or pitch it. :wink:
You are right, Something to Say. The blame is not with the Mayor, or Council VP Latchford, or Ice Man, or those who commented on the media reports. The blame lies squarely with the local media which did a remarkably shoddy job, portraying Mayor Kilmartin and Councilman Kosoglow as money-hungry fools. Mayor Kilmartin's very clear and unambiguous statement should put to rest the erroneous half-truths promulgated by the local media. Whether this was just poor reporting or if there was a more nefarious motive, I do not know. In any case, Mayor Jim Kilmartin's statement is crystal clear: Ice Mountain is NOT an appropriate site for a windplant.
sandstone
MVP Member

Post by sandstone »

Bill Latchford wrote:I am actually working on something that had come up a long time ago that might satisfy many persons at one time. I just have to wait for SandStone or IceMan to get back to me. The need for green i.e Ecology and Dollars.
Council VP Latchford and I are working on a POSSIBLE resolution to this impasse, one that will bring $$$$ to the Borough of Tyrone while preserving Ice Mountain in its natural state. Can't provide more details at this time, but it could be a win-win situation for SAVE ICE MOUNTAIN and the borough. We will keep you posted. :D
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

:bluebounce:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

YES !!! :bluebounce: :bluebounce:
Keep the faith folks, keep the faith !! :D