Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
sammie

Re: Windmills on Ice Mountain - Gamesa Wind Turbines

Post by sammie »

muttonhead wrote:Hi all,

My family happens to be one of the groups affected by the Allegheny Ridge farm, and I have heard the annoying turbines first hand. I remember my parents' property to be so peaceful and home to so many song birds. Not so anymore. The noise of the turbines drown out the sound of the creek running through their property, and there are markedly fewer song birds present in their back yard. The turbines sound like planes that never land, and the best part about it - the turbines are almost a full 1.5 miles from their home!!

It really is a tragedy that my parents worked so hard for so long for a peaceful place to call home. They've lived there for over 30 years - away from everyone on a big hunk of property. Now, some money hungry organization completely ruins their peace of mind, and peaceful home all to line their pockets even thicker.

If you think this is clean energy - you're wrong. It's not the right way to go about pushing the green movement. Gamesa/B&B gets astronomical tax shelters from these turbines due to politicians blindly supporting the "green" movement.

I urge those in Tyrone to fight all you can to stop the development of wind turbines. Instead of people having the attitude of "oh, it's not in MY backyard, so I don't care", you all need to care about your neighbors. If it's bothering them, and causing them noise, flicker, etc - it should bother you.

It's too late for my parents, mainly because the residents of Portage and Juniata townships couldn't care less about their neighbors. Please don't let the same happen to you.

If anyone has any questions about the first hand observations and effects of turbines, just reply. I'm more than happy to tell you the honest version of somebody who lives close by. Granted, I don't live there, but I visit my family on a very regular basis.
Dear Muttonhead,

Thank you so much for posting and telling your story. It is a shame that people do not care about their neighbors. What is even more shameful is the attitude of the local leadership in many of the communities where turbine facilities are being proposed. They are elected to protect the health, safety and welfare of their citizens. However, from what we have seen, when citizens who care try to express their concerns and share their research with their supervisors, in order to prevent what you are going through, they have often been ignored, treated disrespectfully, or even called liars - as we have personally witnessed. I don't know what your parents or their neighbors experience has been like approaching their supervisors after the fact.

I find it unreal that the town council in Tyrone would actually consider signing a lease with this company and then place the burden of the most harmful effects of the turbines on people on the citizens living in another community. I only hope that Snyder Twp passes a strong ordinance and stops this.
Ice Man
MVP Member

Re: Windmills on Ice Mountain

Post by Ice Man »

150thBucktailCo.I wrote:
sandstone wrote:Juniata Valley Audubon asks that landowners considering leasing their property to Gamesa respect the scientific certification of the Sandy Ridge/Ice Mountain site as a Landscape Conservation Area and a County Natural Heritage Area as well as an Important Bird Area and a Greenway and reject any proposal by the industrial windplant developer to construct industrial wind turbines or carve access roads for the construction and maintenance of turbines for the Sandy Ridge Wind Farm. At this site, the huge ecological costs of an industrial wind farm will far exceed the tiny environmental benefit that such a facility could provide.
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:32 pm

This is the point where we see who and what really cares and/or understands the issues involved in this topic, and who and what can be bought off when big money is flashed and favors are offered.
Another accurate prediction by Bucktail.
Last edited by Ice Man on Fri May 02, 2008 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

sammie wrote:

My family happens to be one of the groups affected by the Allegheny Ridge farm, and I have heard the annoying turbines first hand. I remember my parents' property to be so peaceful and home to so many song birds. Not so anymore. The noise of the turbines drown out the sound of the creek running through their property, and there are markedly fewer song birds present in their back yard. The turbines sound like planes that never land, and the best part about it - the turbines are almost a full 1.5 miles from their home!!

It really is a tragedy that my parents worked so hard for so long for a peaceful place to call home. They've lived there for over 30 years - away from everyone on a big hunk of property. Now, some money hungry organization completely ruins their peace of mind, and peaceful home all to line their pockets even thicker.

If you think this is clean energy - you're wrong. It's not the right way to go about pushing the green movement. Gamesa/B&B gets astronomical tax shelters from these turbines due to politicians blindly supporting the "green" movement.

I urge those in Tyrone to fight all you can to stop the development of wind turbines. Instead of people having the attitude of "oh, it's not in MY backyard, so I don't care", you all need to care about your neighbors. If it's bothering them, and causing them noise, flicker, etc - it should bother you.

It's too late for my parents, mainly because the residents of Portage and Juniata townships couldn't care less about their neighbors. Please don't let the same happen to you.

If anyone has any questions about the first hand observations and effects of turbines, just reply. I'm more than happy to tell you the honest version of somebody who lives close by. Granted, I don't live there, but I visit my family on a very regular basis.
Dear Muttonhead,

Thank you so much for posting and telling your story. It is a shame that people do not care about their neighbors. What is even more shameful is the attitude of the local leadership in many of the communities where turbine facilities are being proposed. They are elected to protect the health, safety and welfare of their citizens. However, from what we have seen, when citizens who care try to express their concerns and share their research with their supervisors, in order to prevent what you are going through, they have often been ignored, treated disrespectfully, or even called liars - as we have personally witnessed. I don't know what your parents or their neighbors experience has been like approaching their supervisors after the fact.

I find it unreal that the town council in Tyrone would actually consider signing a lease with this company and then place the burden of the most harmful effects of the turbines on people on the citizens living in another community. I only hope that Snyder Twp passes a strong ordinance and stops this.
The big difference is that Juniata and Greenfield Township knew little about the adverse effects of a windplant before allowing this project. The Borough of Tyrone has been warned about this since the early summer of 2006 when then-Juniata Valley Audubon president Dr. Stan Kotala made his first presentation to Borough Council. Since then there have been several other presentations to council (referred to as "a broken record" by Council VP Latchford), the petition drive (1,400 16686 signatures, and about 700 Borough of Tyrone Signatures), the SAVE ICE MOUNTAIN public forum at TAHS, numerous articles in the Altoona Mirror and Tyrone Daily Herald, etc. In short, the borough knows about all the adverse effects of a windplant. They're going into this decision well-informed about the harm that the windplant will bring to nearby residents and those who recreate on Ice Mountain and to wildlife and to Blair County's natural heritage.
sammie

Post by sammie »

Couple goes to court for windmill distress

May 2, 2008 by Kay Stephens in Altoona Mirror

The Juniata Township couple seeking relief from noisy wind turbines has taken their complaint to Blair County Court.

Todd and Jill Stull, in a lawsuit filed at the courthouse, accuse Gamesa Energy USA LLC and the Allegheny Ridge Wind Farm LLC of destroying their quality of life and damaging their health. They're seeking an injunction ordering the noise to be reduced.

Ever since the wind turbines were built on acreage spanning Blair and Cambria counties, the Stulls say they have endured excessive noise and vibrations, causing loss of sleep, emotional distress, inconvenience and loss of property value.

"Defendants' wind turbines have destroyed the peaceful environment formerly enjoyed by plaintiffs and their neighbors," the lawsuit states.

Representatives for Gamesa Energy and Babcock & Brown, which owns the Allegheny Ridge Wind Farm, said Thursday that they had not yet received the lawsuit and declined comment.

In April, Juniata Township supervisors commissioned a study to determine if the turbines exceed the noise level allowed by township ordinance. Solicitor Michael Routch said the information is needed if the township is to force action to reduce noise at the request of residents.

Pittsburgh attorney Bradley S. Tupi said the Stulls' lawsuit is based on nuisance laws applicable when a property owner uses his property in a way that interferes with how others use theirs. These laws historically surface in noise disputes between airports and neighbors, with rulings often reflecting who was there first, Tupi said.

The Stulls have lived on their 100-acre property since 1992.

The 30-turbine wind farm, which spans five townships and borders the Stulls' property, went into operation in 2007.

The lawsuit also accuses Gamesa and the wind farm of securing permits and approvals to build on the basis that the turbines would cause no noise. Based on that premise, Tupi said the Stulls raised no objections or appeals to the proposed project, but now find themselves exposed to noise, vibrations and flicker during a setting sun.

"There is no question that the noise from these turbines are having a terrible effect on the Stulls," Tupi said.

Mirror Staff Writer Kay Stephens is at 946-7456.

Web link: http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/i...
muttonhead

Post by muttonhead »

sammie wrote:

Dear Muttonhead,

I haven't been involved in the process from day one, but from what I've seen a lot of the dealings were done with as little public notification as possible. By the time the neighbors of the wind farm realized what was going on, it was far too late to do anything about it. The most we could do was insist on an ordinance, which happens to be largely unenforced. Sure, the logistical aspects of it are - supposedly - but nobody knew enough about turbines to add their two cents.

The largest detriment was the lack of cohesion between neighbors. The borough has more voting power than the township does, and Portage township encompasses areas that are more than 8 miles from the turbines. Of course people living on the complete opposite side of the wind farm aren't going to care about the noise or visual disturbance. It doesn't bother them, so why should they care? It's a shameful attitude and unfortunately the way of life for Portage and Juniata townships. I, personally, can't wait to build a giant pig production farm in their backyard and see how much they like it. (I would never actually do that, but it would be nice for them to get their comeuppance)

From what I understand, the Portage township supervisors have been willing to help, and very polite in their dealings with the upset residents. In their defense, I think they got blindsided by Gamesa and didn't really know what to do or how to approach it.

And I don't mean to offend anybody, it's really not meant as a cut to my hometown. But Gamesa really did their research before they swooped in and wooed everybody with money. Cambria county, in and of itself (most especially Portage township) has no enforced zoning, high unemployment, low education (very few have completed college), and a very low per capita income. They knew who to cater to. They knew that if they came in flashing pennies on the dollar to the folks in this area, few would question their actions. It worked. Gamesa has millions, if not billions of dollars. They knew that if they came into an area offering to lease land for $4,000 which is easily 1/3rd of what most people make in a year around there - there would be few questions raised.

Only a handful of residents were up in arms about it, and they were quickly hushed. People made their own assumptions about the wind turbines. They got the idea that they were going to see decreased energy bills, increased tourism, and their property values skyrocket. All of these are outright lies. I've been to the turbines in California. There's about 2 ranches around there and you can hear the wooshing of the 100s of turbines. I use PECO energy where I live now, and you have to pay $5.00 extra per month to even have the turbines PUT on the grid system. Most people in Portage Township have no idea what a grid system even is. I'm pretty sure most of them aren't even sure how electricity works. And property values? Who wants to live next to a turbine??

There are also logistical problems with turbines that nobody seems to think of. The one that concerns me the most is emergency and fire response. Any mechanical object can experience a catastrophic failure, and are our local firefighters appropriately trained to handle such a scenario? What happens when a turbine catches on fire (it has happened often overseas)? Do they know what to do? What happens if it causes a chain of events that eventually sets the surrounding forests on fire? Are there even enough fire responders in the area to handle such an event? What about collapse? What about somebody being hit by ice flying off the blades? So many freak accidents can happen with these, and I highly doubt that our local VOLUNTEER organizations have any idea on how to respond. I'm not saying that they are incapable of handling such a catastrophe, but are they trained?
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

muttonhead said,

"The largest detriment was the lack of cohesion between neighbors. The borough has more voting power than the township does, and Portage township encompasses areas that are more than 8 miles from the turbines. Of course people living on the complete opposite side of the wind farm aren't going to care about the noise or visual disturbance. It doesn't bother them, so why should they care? It's a shameful attitude and unfortunately the way of life for Portage and Juniata townships. I, personally, can't wait to build a giant pig production farm in their backyard and see how much they like it. (I would never actually do that, but it would be nice for them to get their comeuppance)"

I said in a previous post that the windfarm wasn't going in on my side of the mountain and my watershed wouldn't be affected, so why should I care. That statement of course was dripping with sarcasm, and was said out of utter frustration thinking that maybe some would see it for what it was. I find it completely disturbing that Councilman Latchford visited InMyBackYard and heard first-hand the noise...and even came in here and told the forum how loud and intrusive it was...and yet, he ( and apparently most of the rest of council ) still has no problem supporting a company who doesn't give two squats about what they have done to a community. This council in Tyrone is so blinded by the thought of money they can't see what is in front of them. I am almost embarrassed for them. ( comeuppance, funny you should mention that, I've been thinking the same thing of this council ...it would almost serve them right to put the windfarm in and have to deal with the aftermath for years to come ) If it wasn't for the desecration a natural heritage...I'd be happy to just sit back and wait for the opportunity to say......YOU WERE WARNED )
Ice Man
MVP Member

Post by Ice Man »

Something to say wrote: I find it completely disturbing that Councilman Latchford visited InMyBackYard and heard first-hand the noise...and even came in here and told the forum how loud and intrusive it was...and yet, he ( and apparently most of the rest of council ) still has no problem supporting a company who doesn't give two squats about what they have done to a community. This council in Tyrone is so blinded by the thought of money they can't see what is in front of them. I am almost embarrassed for them. ( comeuppance, funny you should mention that, I've been thinking the same thing of this council ...it would almost serve them right to put the windfarm in and have to deal with the aftermath for years to come ) If it wasn't for the desecration a natural heritage...I'd be happy to just sit back and wait for the opportunity to say......YOU WERE WARNED )
Yes, Tyrone Borough Council goes into this fully aware of both the inescapable consequences (forest fragmentation, destruction of a Blair County Natural Heritage Area, deaths of thousands of bats annually, noise pollution, aesthetic degredation) and potential consequences (pollution of streams, springs, and seeps providing drinking water to Tyrone, increased risk of forest fire, increased access for illegal activities via extensive new road system).
muttonhead

Post by muttonhead »

Something to say wrote:
I said in a previous post that the windfarm wasn't going in on my side of the mountain and my watershed wouldn't be affected, so why should I care. That statement of course was dripping with sarcasm, and was said out of utter frustration thinking that maybe some would see it for what it was.
I hope you don't think I was referring to you! :) I was talking about the residents of Portage and Juniata Townships. I've noticed on the forums here, there seems to be few supporters of the wind farm on Ice Mountain, and those that do support it aren't simply calling everyone names like some third grader (I've experienced it first hand on the Tribune-Democrat forums). What's positive is that your community is doing its research and a lot of residents are more concerned with the quality of life rather than how much money they'll have at the end of the year. Quite unlike my home area.

It's truly sad what money can make some people do. These folks are supposed to be representative of the community, and considering 1400 petition signatures were collected - a good portion of the community does not want windmills. And the vote of 55%? That's in no way a landslide vote, and it was only on the primary election ballot. Is there any intent to introduce it on the November ballot? That's when most people make it a point to go out and vote, especially since we'll be electing a President this fall. Most people don't even vote in the primaries.

You know what Portage and Juniata townships are doing with all their newfound money? All I've seen are a couple of newly paved roads. But they were done BEFORE the turbine construction, essentially to accomodate the tonage that was being hauled up the mountain. Aside from that, I haven't seen any improvement - nor even heard of any improvement - being done in either Township. Good thinking, right?

You folks in Ice Mountain may want to check out information on Ohio as well. The residents of some small community out there are dealing with the same headache. Gamesa is building the turbine, and Babcock and Brown are on the heels of that offering to buy them out. Before they're even built. If that's not a red flag, I'm not so sure what is. I believe Mars Hill in West Virgina is fighting as well, but I'm not sure if it's Gamesa or another corporation. The more people fighting turbines, even if they are in different communities, the better. Don't let Ice Mountain become another Allegheny Ridge Farm.

I also suggest looking at the tax credits that Gamesa will get from the Ice Mountain wind farm. I'm pretty sure it's $.08/KwH. If you do the math, it's quite obvious why they're playing the game they are.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Muttonhead, I am so sorry your family is affected by the wind farm. I had written a reply to you yesterday, but, was interrupted so many times here at home that my post timed out and I lost it in cyberspace. Anyway, since then, all that I had said in that post, has already been expressed here by others. I just want to thank you for your post, your help and understanding, and your concern for our community. With all that has been posted on this board, with all the information and facts presented by educated professionals, still, I cannot fathom our Borough Council giving the go ahead to have these things installed on our ridge tops.
Hang in there Muttonhead and best wishes to your family. I sincerely hope that somehow, someway, an answer is out there for them soon.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

P.S. Muttonhead, you mentioned about voting for these during the the Fall election. Something tells me, now that spring is here and summer is right around the corner, this whole fiasco could be prolonged because of all the foliage that is budding out now. I would think it would be easier for those bulldozers to tear up our mountainside after the leaves have fallen....
Personally, I really don't know if that doing a revote at the polls is even the way to go... you know, I have heard so many people state that they are not going to vote anymore because of the machines. They don't like the machines, so they aren't going to vote anymore. Sad, but true.....
I could be wrong in my thinking, and I don't mean anything by this, but..... why prolong this ?? Why wait 'til fall to tell this company NO ?? The people do not want this, no matter what the results of that last vote was. Weighing all the pros and cons to these wind farms... there are NO pros to them... none what-so-ever. The only pros is money. If anyone hears of someone in favor of these things, it is only because of the money, and the heck with the potential consequences.
sandstone
MVP Member

Post by sandstone »

http://www.windaction.org:80/documents/15637

Stull vs. Gamesa Energy USA LLC and Allegheny Ridge Wind Farm, LLC
May 1, 2008 by Bradley S. Tupi and William Haberstroh

Summary:
Todd and Jill Stull filed a complaint for damages and injunctive relief against Gamesa and Allegheny Ridge Wind Farm LLC (Babcock and Brown) due to excessive noise, flicker and other nuisance that are causing irreparable harm to the Plaintiffs and robbing them of their enjoyment of their property. A portion of their filing is detailed below. The full filing can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the common pleas court of Blair County, Pennsylvania

TODD STULL AND JILL STULL
Plaintiff,

v.

GAMESA ENERGY USA, LLC and
ALLEGHENY RIDGE WIND FARM, LLC

Defendants

COMPLAINT FOR DAMAGES AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF (partial list)

14. Some of the industrial wind turbines are as close as 2,400 feet from Plaintiffs' home.

15. Before the wind turbines were erected, Plaintiff's property was a quiet, rural location where the predominant sounds were those of songbirds and leaves blowing in the wind. Defendants' wind turbines have destroyed the peaceful environment formerly enjoyed by Plaintiffs and their neighbors.

16. During windy conditions, the mechanical turbines become extremely noisy. The turbine blades make a "whooshing" sound almost like jet aircraft, except that the sound is cyclical, alternating louder and softer over short intervals. The turning of the industrial wind turbine hub housings to face the wind (or otherwise) makes a piercing, screeching, metal-on-metal noise.

17. The noises from the turning turbine blades can last many hours or even days. The noises from the turning of the hub housings are of shorter duration. The noises occur during daytime and nighttime. The noises are unpredictable and are generated without notice to Plaintiffs. The noises are audible inside Plaintiffs' home, even with windows closed.

18. The turbine noises interfere with Plaintiffs' sleep. Since the operation of the industrial wind energy facility began, Plaintiffs have not been able to sleep with their windows open, and even with windows closed Plaintiffs use an indoor fan to create "white noise" in a vain effort to cancel out the noise of the mechanical turbines outside.

19. The mechanical turbines also generate disturbing, low-frequency vibration that adversely affects the Stulls and their property. Both the audible noise and the vibrations, either individually or collectively, make Dr. Stull so uncomfortable that he often cannot sleep at night. Sometimes he goes down into an unheated cellar to try to find a quiet place to sleep.

20. Dr. Stull has experienced stress, anxiety and frequent disruptions of his sleep as a result of the noisy wind turbines.

21. The turbines' noises have a negative effect on Plaintiffs' enjoyment of their property and quality of life. The noises disrupt Plaintiffs' efforts to entertain guests on their property. The noises disturb Plaintiffs' use of their property for all outdoor family activities including hiking, hunting and other recreation.

22. Upon information and belief, the turbines' noises have diminished Plaintiffs' property value.

23. The turbine blades also create a disturbing "flicker" effect as they turn in the light of the setting sun. This also adversely affects the Stulls and their use and enjoyment of their property, including watching birds and wildlife, and hunting.

24. In order to induce state and local officials to grant permits and approvals necessary for construction of the industrial wind project, Defendants Gamesa and Allegheny represented that the wind turbines would be quiet. Those representations were false.

25. Plaintiffs relied upon Defendants' misrepresentations inter alia, by declining to oppose permits for the industrial wind energy project, by declining to appeal various local and state approvals of the project and by declining to sue to halt the project.

26. After the industrial wind energy facility was constructed, Plaintiffs complained about the turbine noises. Defendants offer various unsatisfactory explanations. Sometimes Defendants asserted that there simply were no noises. On other occasions, Defendants said that the turbine blades were defective and needed to be replaced. Defendants allegedly replaced the tape on the blades in January 2008, but the noises continued.

27. At various times, Plaintiffs have measured the noises from the turbines on Plaintiffs' property in excess of 70 decibels.

28. Defendants' conduct is ongoing, and Plaintiffs' harm is ongoing.

Count VII Injunctive Relief

55. The averments of the preceding paragraphs are incorporated by reference.

56. Plaintiffs seek injunctive relief to abate the nuisance and violations caused by Defendants' design, construction and operation of the wind turbines.

57. Plaintiffs are likely to prevail on the merits.

58. Plaintiffs are suffering immediate and irreparable harm, including ongoing personal injuries, anxiety, and emotional distress.

59. Money damages or other remedies at law are inadequate. Money damages cannot restore the peace and quiet Plaintiffs enjoyed on their property before the industrial turbines were built, and cannot free Plaintiffs from the constant anxiety and physical and emotional distress they suffer as a result of Defendants' conduct. Plaintiffs should not be forced either to continue to suffer these invasions or to move out of their home.

60. A balancing of the equities weighs in Plaintiffs' favor because, inter alia Defendants obtained permits for the industrial wind project based upon misrepresentation that the mechanical turbines would cause no noise.

61. A balancing of the equities weighs in Plaintiffs' favor because Plaintiffs relied upon Defendant' misrepresentation, inter alia, by declining to oppose permits required for the industrial wind energy project, by declining to appeal various local and state approvals of the project and by declining to sue to halt the project.

62. Consideration of the public interest weighs in Plaintiffs' favor because, inter alia, Defendants obtained permits for the industrial wind power plant complex based upon misrepresentations that the mechanical turbines would cause no noise. The industrial wind power plant complex not only affects Plaintiffs, but Plaintiffs' community.

63. Consideration of the public interest weighs in Plaintiffs' favor because Art. 1, Sec. 27 of the Pennsylvania Constitution provides that "The people have a right to clean air, pure water, and to the preservation of the natural scenic, historic, and esthetic values of the environment." Defendants' conduct has robbed Plaintiffs of the natural scenic and esthetic values of their environment at Pine Springs Farm.

WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs demand injunctive relief against Defendants to abate the nuisance caused by the offending industrial wind power turbines, together with costs and such other and further relief as the Court deems just.

TUCKER ARENSBERG, P.C.
Bradley S. Tupi, Esquire
William Haberstroh, Esquire

Attorneys for Plaintiffs,
Todd and Jill Stull

Download File(s):
StullvsGamesa.pdf (236.46 kB)
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

My2Cents wrote:P.S. Muttonhead, you mentioned about voting for these during the the Fall election. Something tells me, now that spring is here and summer is right around the corner, this whole fiasco could be prolonged because of all the foliage that is budding out now. I would think it would be easier for those bulldozers to tear up our mountainside after the leaves have fallen....
Personally, I really don't know if that doing a revote at the polls is even the way to go... you know, I have heard so many people state that they are not going to vote anymore because of the machines. They don't like the machines, so they aren't going to vote anymore. Sad, but true.....
I could be wrong in my thinking, and I don't mean anything by this, but..... why prolong this ?? Why wait 'til fall to tell this company NO ?? The people do not want this, no matter what the results of that last vote was. Weighing all the pros and cons to these wind farms... there are NO pros to them... none what-so-ever. The only pros is money. If anyone hears of someone in favor of these things, it is only because of the money, and the heck with the potential consequences.

Not vote because of the machines? Well, tough, don't vote. Keep up or jump off. They took to self service gas fine, they took to using credit cards just fine, and they took to using the screens at Sheetz to get their hot dogs. It's their choice to not vote because of machines, even if their friends and family died for them to keep that right.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

You bet ya !!! I feel the same way Banksy !!! Keep up or jump off and, above all, don't complain !! I feel if they don't vote than they should be not be saying anything about anything !!! Usually, they are the first to complain too. There are people there to help them in voting, there is absentee ballots, there is NO excuse !!! Gurrrr....
Have a good day... spring has sprung !!! :P
sammie

Post by sammie »

sandstone wrote:http://www.windaction.org:80/documents/15637

Stull vs. Gamesa Energy USA LLC and Allegheny Ridge Wind Farm, LLC
May 1, 2008 by Bradley S. Tupi and William Haberstroh

In the common pleas court of Blair County, Pennsylvania

TODD STULL AND JILL STULL
Plaintiff,

v.

GAMESA ENERGY USA, LLC and
ALLEGHENY RIDGE WIND FARM, LLC

Defendants

COMPLAINT FOR DAMAGES AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF (partial list)

24. In order to induce state and local officials to grant permits and approvals necessary for construction of the industrial wind project, Defendants Gamesa and Allegheny represented that the wind turbines would be quiet. Those representations were false.

Count VII Injunctive Relief

59. Money damages or other remedies at law are inadequate. Money damages cannot restore the peace and quiet Plaintiffs enjoyed on their property before the industrial turbines were built, and cannot free Plaintiffs from the constant anxiety and physical and emotional distress they suffer as a result of Defendants' conduct. Plaintiffs should not be forced either to continue to suffer these invasions or to move out of their home.

TUCKER ARENSBERG, P.C.
Bradley S. Tupi, Esquire
William Haberstroh, Esquire

Attorneys for Plaintiffs,
Todd and Jill Stull

Download File(s):
StullvsGamesa.pdf (236.46 kB)
Sandstone,

In your opinion, is this lawsuit essentially asking for the turbines to be removed? That would be great because they went in there based on the lies of Gamesa. Good luck to the Stull's and all the other neighbors suffering from this fraud.

My2Cents wrote:You bet ya !!! I feel the same way Banksy !!! Keep up or jump off and, above all, don't complain !! I feel if they don't vote than they should be not be saying anything about anything !!! Usually, they are the first to complain too. There are people there to help them in voting, there is absentee ballots, there is NO excuse !!! Gurrrr....
Have a good day... spring has sprung !!! :P
Some people may be upset because certain machines can easily be tampered with and/or that there is no paper trail.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Yes, that too sammie.. I know what you're saying. Like everything else, the "kinks" has to be ironed out and hopefully soon.

Don't forget everybody, tomorrow evening; Monday, May 5th @ 7:00 P.M. is the Snyder Township Board of Supervisors Meeting.