TWO 6TH GRADE TEACHERS RETIRING WITHOUT BEING REPLACED!?!?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
scoutmom
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by scoutmom »

I think the school district should hire 2 new teachers. The smaller the student to teacher ratio the better education students will get. :wink: That would allow for more one on one with students who need it. :thumb: Aren't we supposed to let "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND?" :huh: With a class of 28-30 kids and only one teacher, I'm sure many will be left behind learning wise but pushed on through to get them out of school. :eek:
stop and take time to smell the flowers
LKS

teachers being replaced

Post by LKS »

this is in regards to the dismissal of 2 teachers
i see the people on here went to tyrone area schools, i myself did also
maybe these instructors can teach you how to spell[/b]
akindergartenmom

Post by akindergartenmom »

I have it on good authority from a school district employee that the reason the two teachers are not being replaced is because the student population is not big enough. This fifth grade class that is moving up next year is the smallest one they have had in a long time. My question is though, what if the next class, the now 4th graders moving up to 5th next year, is bigger? Then what??
tyroid

Re: teachers being replaced

Post by tyroid »

LKS wrote:this is in regards to the dismissal of 2 teachers
i see the people on here went to tyrone area schools, i myself did also
maybe these instructors can teach you how to spell[/b]
i agree and wile thare at it they shood teach youns how to use capitools and punchewashun
...so they shood
DonkeyHoagie

Post by DonkeyHoagie »

Ahhh.
My old English is a bit rusty, but, I shall try to make it through that post.
A thousand pardons, "poste."
Jerry, I know myself. And if I'm on the streets, and it starts to go down, I don't back off, until it's finished.
http://www.dotpenn.com
scoutmom

Post by scoutmom »

akindergartenmom wrote:I have it on good authority from a school district employee that the reason the two teachers are not being replaced is because the student population is not big enough. This fifth grade class that is moving up next year is the smallest one they have had in a long time. My question is though, what if the next class, the now 4th graders moving up to 5th next year, is bigger? Then what??
The student population sure was big enough to build a new middle school though, wasn't it? :huh: Now we need 2 teachers and all of a sudden it's not big enough of a class to need them. :stick: I have the same question concerning future classes though. I have another child moving up in a couple years. I think a smaller classroom would give our children better learning opportunities. Our administration is not looking at how this will affect our children. If you call the school the message you get is "Thank you for calling the Tyrone Middle School and High school where the education of children comes first..." Yeah right. :rofl: More like the money in our administrations pockets come first!! :roll:
stop and take time to smell the flowers